Going to be hard watching today's games

CWR

Reaction score
Sadly I tune out this time of year due to bitterness and jealousy. This weekend's games are really appealing though. I think Im gonna try and turn over a new leaf.

GenoT

Reaction score
Disagree. The Saints got lucky with a win. The Eagles threw that game away.

The Saints are, so far, 14-3 and playing for a SB appearance.

Yep...they sure were lucky to beat a Philly team which barely squeaked into the postseason. Pure luck, no doubt about it.

:facepalm:

Reactions: CWR

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It does not matter to me. We proved we couldn't compete with the Rams. The Saints? Would be incredibly difficult to beat them again. The Chiefs and Patriots would blow us out. The four best teams are there.
Those are the 4 best teams, not because of talent, we are as talented as those teams are, but because of COACHING. We got out coached on both sides of the ball vs the Rams.

We have been out coached consistently in playoff games since Garrett has been here. I don’t want, a so called motivator, I want a coach that designs plays to put his players in a BETTER position to make plays. If you know football at all when you watch today’s games you will see creative, smart coaching that helps put players in position to make plays consistently.

Belicheat coaches his players to, “do their job, well” while Garrett coaches his players to try harder.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Not hard at all been doing this since '96...lol, hard.

DAL wasn't anywhere near these teams playing today regardless of beating NO in a regular season game.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Those are the 4 best teams, not because of talent, we are as talented as those teams are, but because of COACHING. We got out coached on both sides of the ball vs the Rams.

We have been out coached consistently in playoff games since Garrett has been here. I don’t want, a so called motivator, I want a coach that designs plays to put his players in a BETTER position to make plays. If you know football at all when you watch today’s games you will see creative, smart coaching that helps put players in position to make plays consistently.

Belicheat coaches his players to, “do their job, well” while Garrett coaches his players to try harder.

foofighters

Reaction score
Knowing we were this close. Not to going lie, I'm jealous, very jealous in fact. I know some say we'll get 'em next time but a year is an eternity in the NFL. So much can happen to change the strength of this team by the end next season. You never know, injuries, bad luck, couple players doing something dumb and we're a 500 team talking about new coach rather than a playoff. Was thinking last night about the 70-80's Cowboys under coach Landry when the playoffs were damn near automatic. As NFL people would say, coach Landry was worth X number wins alone.

I'm hoping/praying every Cowboy player watching today's will hurt a little, appreciating the opportunity they had last weekend. Look in the mirror and challenge themselves to work harder and take their game to next level.
Nah, I doesn't really bother me. This team was not going to be able to over come it's coaching deficiencies. We still continue to be the team that's one and done in the playoffs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah, I doesn't really bother me. This team was not going to be able to over come it's coaching deficiencies. We still continue to be the team that's one and done in the playoffs.

To me that’s not really the point anyway. Of course it hurts when the Cowboys lose, but football doesn’t somehow become a lousy game with zero entertainment value when the Cowboys get eliminated from the playoffs. These are the best 4 teams playing a game I love at the highest level, and unlike some years, all 4 teams are entertaining, and proved their worth over the season. And to top it off, their is a villain to root against (Pats). It lines up for some quality football and quality entertainment.

JayFord

Reaction score
I wanted to play the rams because we had a chance it coulda gone either way and it went their way I’m ok with that

The saints woulda pants’d us

foofighters

Reaction score
To me that’s not really the point anyway. Of course it hurts when the Cowboys lose, but football doesn’t somehow become a lousy game with zero entertainment value when the Cowboys get eliminated from the playoffs. These are the best 4 teams playing a game I love at the highest level, and unlike some years, all 4 teams are entertaining, and proved their worth over the season. And to top it off, their is a villain to root against (Pats). It lines up for some quality football and quality entertainment.
I am in the minority here because I wouldn't mind Brady winning again. Everybody hates the guy and rooting for him to lose. Something to be said about him sticking his middle finger up at everyone and showing everyone why he's the goat. I don't like the patriots buy I appreciate his talent.

wrongway

Reaction score
Look on the bright side. Chargers and Colts were blown out. Cowboys and Eagles were in it. That should tell you we're not really that bad.

We could've won. We were a 4th and 1 conversion short of a tying score. I'd seriously thought we would've had a better chance against the Saints. They're less likely to beat you with their playcalling, but their defense is stronger than the Rams. Rams playcalling won the game, so.... that should tell you I'd take my chances going against the Saints defense anyday.
Been watching these games for a long time without the cowboys in it. Used to it now. Thanks Jerry

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
If we wouldve lost a close game to the rams it might hurt a bit but we didnt.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Easy game to watch.

We don't belong anyway, so what the heck ???

Agree. Fandom is serious but not so serious in the grand scheme of life it's simply recreation. Leading a full balanced life is important. This is just sport and play. At the end of the day we're either good enough or not.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
It does not matter to me. We proved we couldn't compete with the Rams. The Saints? Would be incredibly difficult to beat them again. The Chiefs and Patriots would blow us out. The four best teams are there.

The cheifs yeah, but the Pats I think we could have went 12 rounds with.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I am in the minority here because I wouldn't mind Brady winning again. Everybody hates the guy and rooting for him to lose. Something to be said about him sticking his middle finger up at everyone and showing everyone why he's the goat. I don't like the patriots buy I appreciate his talent.
I don’t care who wins but you have to give him credit for what he has done and where he came from. Not many people gave him a chance in this league and if you read his scouting report when he came out you could see why. Also you can’t fault someone who is just smarter than everyone else and does the little things to be successful. He is the greatest of all time and there is no debate about it. The other day they were discussing on sports radio debating about who was better Joe Montana or Brady and they pointed out that if you look at the rosters that Montana and Brady has when they have gone to the SB and their is no question that Brady has done more with less than Montana.

foofighters

Reaction score
I don’t care who wins but you have to give him credit for what he has done and where he came from. Not many people gave him a chance in this league and if you read his scouting report when he came out you could see why. Also you can’t fault someone who is just smarter than everyone else and does the little things to be successful. He is the greatest of all time and there is no debate about it. The other day they were discussing on sports radio debating about who was better Joe Montana or Brady and they pointed out that if you look at the rosters that Montana and Brady has when they have gone to the SB and their is no question that Brady has done more with less than Montana.
Ya, it's hard to say that there is better than Jerry Rice and then add John Taylor. Also, Roger Craig was pretty darn good too.