Good film breakdown of Dak

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Footwork. It's the issue he had/has. he can correct it, it's the fundamentals of throwing mechanics. All starts with footwork. That would be my biggest critique. It effects the triangle and the "L" positions, arm extension and the zero positions. All throwing mechanic points. Could be why some noticed not getting rid of the ball quicker. It's extremely difficult when your footwork starts off on the wrong foot.
;)

erod

Reaction score
Footwork. It's the issue he had/has. he can correct it, it's the fundamentals of throwing mechanics. All starts with footwork. That would be my biggest critique. It effects the triangle and the "L" positions, arm extension and the zero positions. All throwing mechanic points. Could be why some noticed not getting rid of the ball quicker. It's extremely difficult when your footwork starts off on the wrong foot.
;)

You have to be able to stand in the pocket, keep your eyes downfield, step up and move around, again with your eyes downfield, and ignore the rush otherwise.

Very, very, very, very few QBs have this ability. It's destroyed the careers of hundreds of guys that had all the physical tools in the world. They can just never get comfortable in there.

I don't know how they do it either. But the elite ones somehow can.

Cap12

Reaction score
;)

Absolutely. That and the hitch in his throw. It also explains why he's better throwing on the run, as he doesn't have to worry about having to plant his back foot while trying to figure how to get to that point. He also has avoid holding the ball and improve his awareness of when he has to get it to his "hot read" target. If he can do these things, he's an elite QB (maybe even the best in the game with his other skill sets). He has plenty enough arm strength, but it is his mechanics that are the problem, not the arm strength itself.

Reactions: G2

Cap12

Reaction score
You have to be able to stand in the pocket, keep your eyes downfield, step up and move around, again with your eyes downfield, and ignore the rush otherwise.

Very, very, very, very few QBs have this ability. It's destroyed the careers of hundreds of guys that had all the physical tools in the world. They can just never get comfortable in there.

I don't know how they do it either. But the elite ones somehow can.

I think if Dak can figure out the mechanics, the poise is there to do the rest.

erod

Reaction score
I think if Dak can figure out the mechanics, the poise is there to do the rest.

Last year, he started going full Stephen McGee. He would bail out of the back of the pocket way too much, and when he did step up, he'd take off.

You can't do that. You have to step up and shift left or right with your eyes downfield. You only run if the center of the field is wide open.

khiladi

Reaction score
Absolutely. That and the hitch in his throw. It also explains why he's better throwing on the run, as he doesn't have to worry about having to plant his back foot while trying to figure how to get to that point. He also has avoid holding the ball and improve his awareness of when he has to get it to his "hot read" target. If he can do these things, he's an elite QB (maybe even the best in the game with his other skill sets). He has plenty enough arm strength, but it is his mechanics that are the problem, not the arm strength itself.

He’s better at throwing on the run, because throwing on roll-ours also limits the field to the side you have to throw on and your mind doesn’t have to process the information like you do as a pocket QB, because you don’t gave to read as much and you just play by instinct..

Most scrub QBs in the NFL throw well on the run.. it’s being a pocket QB that sets you apart..

khiladi

Reaction score
This is a Dak issue going back to his college years. Nothing new here and he is what he is...