Good we complained the Cowboys blew it on Hurns

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't mind you thinking that as long as you weren't the one complaining that we let him walk away and blew our chance at him. I'm personally on the fence about whether it is a good signing or bad.
i do not think i complained about Hurns when he came for talks....and i dont think it was a bad signing...just having fun with you...i wonder though if one of the reasons cowboys signed him was for more leverage on Dez?....i cant help but go back to the blunt statement Stephen Jones made about Dez earlier in off season....i am not sure they are too worried if Dez plays for cowboys or not...but he wont play for 16 mil...but i could be not reading tea leaves correctly either.....i am amazed how caught up i get on speculation of what the cowboys might or might not do...i guess it all is part of fanhood?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yeah I like drinking decaf coffee getting all loosy goosy like going to best buy and buying a tv with best buy credit card. The interest is 27% but I don’t care I have already drank half a cup.
27%? You must have great credit... Go buy things homie!

Corso

Reaction score
i do not think i complained about Hurns when he came for talks....and i dont think it was a bad signing...just having fun with you...i wonder though if one of the reasons cowboys signed him was for more leverage on Dez?....i cant help but go back to the blunt statement Stephen Jones made about Dez earlier in off season....i am not sure they are too worried if Dez plays for cowboys or not...but he wont play for 16 mil...but i could be not reading tea leaves correctly either.....i am amazed how caught up i get on speculation of what the cowboys might or might not do...i guess it all is part of fanhood?
I don't think anything is gong to happen to Dez, except maybe an extension to lower his cap hit a bit. If they would have scored Watkin's at 15-16 per... then all bets were off.
I can see this team saying "We can do this" with this receiving group, but someone is going to go. Probably Beasley just because of the cap savings and Hurns plays slot and, of course, there is Switzer, waiting as the heir apparent to the tiny Viking.

I'll miss him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't think anything is gong to happen to Dez, except maybe an extension to lower his cap hit a bit. If they would have scored Watkin's at 15-16 per... then all bets were off.
I can see this team saying "We can do this" with this receiving group, but someone is going to go. Probably Beasley just because of the cap savings and Hurns plays slot and, of course, there is Switzer, waiting as the heir apparent to the tiny Viking.

I'll miss him.

I'm not so sure about Switzer. I know Linehan likes him, but I'm not so sold on him.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Get those ones infused with aloe. Dry skin is a pox upon our nation that needs to get more press.
Those are the more expensive ones...better get the last name embroidered in them to justify the upgrade.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Quite true. I'm speculating, but I can see it happening more as opposed to releasing Dez.

Fair enough, though I think releasing Dez would be rather stupid at this point. If we still need a WR, I like the thought of Deontay Burnett. He'd be a good fit for us, and he might be even better in the slot.

Corso

Reaction score
Fair enough, though I think releasing Dez would be rather stupid at this point. If we still need a WR, I like the thought of Deontay Burnett. He'd be a good fit for us, and he might be even better in the slot.
You don't think we would be overloaded with slot guys though?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You don't think we would be overloaded with slot guys though?

I don't think so. I think we'd actually have a nice balance. Think about it, we'd have Dez, Hurns, and Thompson who are capable of both outside work and slot. I think Noah Brown could also handle outside jobs. Then we'd have Burnett and Switzer as the complete slot guys. On top of that, having quick guys like those two could create interesting offensive packages to widen the field.

Corso

Reaction score
I don't think so. I think we'd actually have a nice balance. Think about it, we'd have Dez, Hurns, and Thompson who are capable of both outside work and slot. I think Noah Brown could also handle outside jobs. Then we'd have Burnett and Switzer as the complete slot guys. On top of that, having quick guys like those two could create interesting offensive packages to widen the field.
Well... that would have to be put in the coaches hands.
We'll have to see how they handle just what they already have.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'll miss him.
yes i love me some Bease...ever since 2012...being young and not sure left camp..but got wooed back and it has turned out really good

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well... that would have to be put in the coaches hands.
We'll have to see how they handle just what they already have.

Yeaaahhhhh.........that's the problem. They don't have the creativity that we do to figure out what to do with all that talent.

Xelda

Reaction score
Shopping and selling off team mates. This thread is bi-polar.

vig454

Reaction score
Dez doesn't instill a lot of confidence , so yeah we needed to get a quality wr.

Roland

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about Switzer. I know Linehan likes him, but I'm not so sold on him.
I like Beasely, but I think Switzer can perform with similar results. He is small and shifty, quick moves and good hands (like Beasely). He also has some potential for punt returns. I root for NC so I saw plently of him his last year in college. I thought it was a good draft pick. I also wanted to see both Switzer and Beasely on the field at the same time. I think tis would cause some matchup problem for the short passing game. At the same time, keeping both seem redundant. Interesting to see how this plays out.