Goodell is a Jerk..

Taylor28

Benched
Reaction score
Has any commish ever suspended a guy for four games...and then at the end of the suspension go...well..you're reinstated...but I am making it 6 games? That is ******** and Goodell is running around like a freaking dictator. It's a total joke. So basically Pacman could be walking around outside, someone could come up and throw coffee in his face and pacman couldn't do anything about it because if the cops get called he would get suspended. Goodell is horrible for this game, the fines on players, the strict rules, the inability to do any type of celebration. The sport truly is the No Fun League.

Rudy

Reaction score
I don't think he extended the suspension; I think it's the Cowboys staff believing that he won't be ready until then. Even so, he was suspended indefinitely and reviewed after 4 games - not suspended for 4 and then reviewed, so 6 games could fit into that motion. However, I don't understand Goodell...his stance on celebration doesn't seem to follow his other moves, which all seem to be directed toward making the game even more marketable without a bad image. However, fans and networks love a celebration, so I don't get why the players can't have a little fun while making harmless a**holes out of themselves. Victimless crime, I say...
When can Goodell get voted out, or how does that work?

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Watch what you say about godell, you might be charged with treason. And the penalty for that is death.

Taylor28

Benched
Reaction score
romoakatruebeast;2430801 said:
yeah i feel the same way godell is a *** !!!!

6 games because he drank a beer and got into a scuffle where no one was harmed except a mirror. I really wish I would run into Goodell one day. I really really do. I would punch him right in the nuts.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
but don't forget that if you CHEAT and smear the name of the game in the mud that you get a simple fine and NO suspension. Look I don't like Pacman and I am pissed that he got in a fight with the people that Jerry paid to watch him 24x7. The guy is an idiot but Goddell isn't any better. He is a walking double standard. After watchin what he did to Wilson and how he let Belicheat off the hook, there is very little that I find surprising from this guy

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with it. Pacman is getting another shot when he really shouldn't get one. If Goodell was really an ***, he would have told the Cowboys and Pacman that he was done for good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Pac-Man can play on Sunday if he was ready. But missing 4 games after you just missed a season of football....realistically I don't think he can play this Sunday or on Thanksgiving. Maybe if we had a Sunday game next week I could see him playin' next Sunday but Pac-Man has to get back into playing shape.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ozzu;2430842 said:
I don't have an issue with it. Pacman is getting another shot when he really shouldn't get one. If Goodell was really an ***, he would have told the Cowboys and Pacman that he was done for good.

Pac-Man didn't do anything to be gone for good. Not this bs anyway. If Goodell wanted him to be gone for good a good time would've been the strip club incident. But getting into it with your own bodyguard? That's ridiculous. HE should've never been suspended.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Taylor28;2430791 said:
Has any commish ever suspended a guy for four games...and then at the end of the suspension go...well..you're reinstated...but I am making it 6 games? That is ******** and Goodell is running around like a freaking dictator. It's a total joke. So basically Pacman could be walking around outside, someone could come up and throw coffee in his face and pacman couldn't do anything about it because if the cops get called he would get suspended. Goodell is horrible for this game, the fines on players, the strict rules, the inability to do any type of celebration. The sport truly is the No Fun League.

Wow. You are way off.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
DallasDomination;2430804 said:
Watch what you say about godell, you might be charged with treason. And the penalty for that is death.

Goddell is related to a goat.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
forget this pacman thing. wut about the uni bs? hes a jerk!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2430804 said:

Actually I think most are accusing others of people completely unrealistically homeristic in regards to saying that Goodell is biased towards Cowboys.

Forget the fact that there have been about 3 or 4 other players who have been suspended for over a year, Goodell is a completely biased and unfair man towards Adam Jones.

Thats the argument that I find funny.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Taylor28;2430791 said:

I have zero problem with what he's doing. If Pacman were a Commander every single cowboys fan here would be complaining that Goodell ever even gave Pacman a chance and would be calling him "Biased" because he gave him a second chance.

I'm glad there's finally a commish in the NFL that's tired of all the off the field BS and is doing something about it.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Exactly! At some point personal responsibility has to kick in. Everybody in Dallas knew that Pac was out all the time and drinking (I live in Orlando). I don't believe he has a drinking problem, I believe he has a social problem. He has to be out all the time and I'm not passing judgement because we all want to be out when we're in our twenties.

But it's the money and the opportunity to play professional football that would keep me responsible. Then there's the conduct when you're out.

I just don't think it's unreasonable.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rack;2430931 said:
I have zero problem with what he's doing. If Pacman were a Commander every single cowboys fan here would be complaining that Goodell ever even gave Pacman a chance and would be calling him "Biased" because he gave him a second chance.

I'm glad there's finally a commish in the NFL that's tired of all the off the field BS and is doing something about it.

You and me both, Rack... you and me both... it'll take a year or two, but eventually the players are gonna get the message that if you screw up, you're screwing with your livelihood...

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Taylor28;2430791 said:

Taylor28;2430791 said:
6 games because he drank a beer and got into a scuffle where no one was harmed except a mirror. I really wish I would run into Goodell one day. I really really do. I would punch him right in the nuts.

Way to minimize the actual persons role in all this. Poor Pac got suspended for absolutely no reason. Poor Pac only had one teeny weeny beer. Poor Pac didn't harm anyone.

I'll admit that I don't think Pacman has a drinking problem, he has a stupid problem. When you are that scrutinized, is it that tough to not f**k up? He has anger issues. And when you mess up as many times as he has, you will be called guilty when Joe Coffee Thrower tosses a cup on you and you go off. He brought all this on himself and to say otherwise is foolish. Godell didn't give him this reputation, he has earned it. And as of yet, he has not shown that he deserves for it to be changed.

The guy is a screw up and he will continue to be one. If I punch you in the face every morning when you come to work, how many mornings will it take before you say, "Velvet is probably gonna hit me in the face this morning"? He might make it through the rest of the season but I wouldn't trust him on a bye week and I definitely don't trust him with an entire off season.

My opinion; it is a mistake to bring him back. Not an immediate one, but one none-the-less.