Goodell is a Jerk..

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
castanza_thumb3.jpg

gbrittain

Reaction score
bbgun;2430865 said:
Only in these burbs could Pac be considered a victim.

:bow: Exactly.

If Goodell is a jerk and maybe he is...what does that make PacMan?

khiladi

Reaction score
YoMick;2431191 said:
I think the real problem here is.... Pacman was working the rust out... got suspended AGAIN.... and now there is another delay(2 actually) 1. coming back from 2nd suspension.... 2. having to be worked back in with plays/playbook meaning that he misses 2 more games....

Rust not be gone

"at da end da da day" we would be lucky is he is ready to go full steam by the playoffs... lucky I tell ya....

The Cowboys, per the coaches, are going to be playng more press man-to-man coverage. It is a lot easier to be worked in to that, then soft zone coverages and zone scheming, where you got all these other various responsibilities as a result of guarding a particular area. Adam's numbers even in the soft-zone schemes were around a 5.4 YPA average, which is freakin' ridiculous, playing soft-zone. That is with a year off. That spells alot on how ridiculously fast this guy's closing time is when a receiver gets the ball. It shows how good his recovery time is as well. Remember, he also led the team in pass deflections which shows that he had great numbers while being attacked.If we are going to more press man-to-man, it is my firm belief Adam Jones is going to make this secondary ridiculously good, provided Newman stays healthy and 100 percent. The pressure on the QB from the defensive line is going to be flat-out ridiculous.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Taylor28;2431045 said:
Congrats..you're a dope.
No, a dope, by definition, is a stupid or non responsive person. I am not stupid, and I am responding.

It is NOT in your best interests to take that tone with other members of this forum. You said it to me so I am going to let it slide. You pull that on anyone else, I won't let it slide.

You see, generally when I post something ridiculous and someone calls me on it, and trust me it happens a lot, I do what we call cowboy up and admit that I made a mistake rather than act like a petulant child and hurl insults. I'm not unique to making mistakes or fessing up when I am wrong by any wild stretch of the imagination. But I'm not an animated cricket on your shoulder so you act however you feel is necessary and we'll see where it goes from there.

Oh, and for the record, the man you are calling a jerk for the extra 2 games, is not holding him out of the next 2 games, nor does he have anything to do with it, and even a cursory reading of the details would have told you that and saved you the egg on your face. I'll know next time that you can't handle the joke and will refrain from commenting, but make no mistake about it, I'll be watching to see if you pull the dope card, or some other variation of it, the next time you get called for a silly comment.

How's that for taking it after I've dished it out? Satisfactory to your tender feelings?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Hostile;2431272 said:
No, a dope, by definition, is a stupid or non responsive person. I am not stupid, and I am responding.

It is NOT in your best interests to take that tone with other members of this forum. You said it to me so I am going to let it slide. You pull that on anyone else, I won't let it slide.

You see, generally when I post something ridiculous and someone calls me on it, and trust me it happens a lot, I do what we call cowboy up and admit that I made a mistake rather than act like a petulant child and hurl insults. I'm not unique to making mistakes or fessing up when I am wrong by any wild stretch of the imagination. But I'm not an animated cricket on your shoulder so you act however you feel is necessary and we'll see where it goes from there.

Oh, and for the record, the man you are calling a jerk for the extra 2 games, is not holding him out of the next 2 games, nor does he have anything to do with it, and even a cursory reading of the details would have told you that and saved you the egg on your face. I'll know next time that you can't handle the joke and will refrain from commenting, but make no mistake about it, I'll be watching to see if you pull the dope card, or some other variation of it, the next time you get called for a silly comment.

How's that for taking it after I've dished it out? Satisfactory to your tender feelings?

:muttley:

Taylor28

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2431272 said:

You're joking right hostile? My post was no more insulting than yours was. You wrote five paragraphs on my one little line. And you're calling my feelings tender? LOL. I didn't know that the Cowboys were holding him out the next two games. I even posted the question on this thread. You attacked first, not me. Peace.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Taylor28;2431350 said:
You're joking right hostile? My post was no more insulting than yours was. You wrote five paragraphs on my one little line. And you're calling my feelings tender? LOL. I didn't know that the Cowboys were holding him out the next two games. I even posted the question on this thread. You attacked first, not me. Peace.
I wasn't attacking. I was joking. The same as I do with just about everyone on the forum. The difference is, they don't take offense. You did.

Like I said, a cursory reading would have told you Goodell has nothing to do with the next 2 games, and in case that wasn't clear when a suspension is lifted, it is gone. I really didn't know that was complicated.

Taylor28

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2431369 said:
I wasn't attacking. I was joking. The same as I do with just about everyone on the forum. The difference is, they don't take offense. You did.

Like I said, a cursory reading would have told you Goodell has nothing to do with the next 2 games, and in case that wasn't clear when a suspension is lifted, it is gone. I really didn't know that was complicated.

Whateva you say Haas.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2430903 said:
maybe pacrat shouldn't have got in a fight?

Don't do that. Don't try and hold Jones accountable for his own actions. You know that's not allowed. It's always someone elses fault.

Hostile;2431005 said:
This is the equivalent of McNabb not knowing the rules of overtime.

Congratulations, you're a trend setter.

LOL. Hilarious.

Taylor28;2431041 said:
How many times was Irvin let back in the league? Yeah thought so. You can be quiet now.

Ummm...by my count he was suspended exactly 1 time in his career. So I'm assuming you mean he was allowed back in after 1 suspension.

So maybe you should be quiet now.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
What I want to know is who started the fight between Jones and the bodyguard. If the bodyguard is the one who started the fight then how the hell is Jones supposed to avoid it?

Put yourself in that position. Your bodyguard starts a fight with you. What do you do? Let him kick your *** or defend yourself?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2431408 said:
What I want to know is who started the fight between Jones and the bodyguard. If the bodyguard is the one who started the fight then how the hell is Jones supposed to avoid it?

Put yourself in that position. Your bodyguard starts a fight with you. What do you do? Let him kick your *** or defend yourself?
The bodyguard has admitted to starting it by making a comment about Jones' fiance. I heard she had too much to drink and he said more than he should have. The reason the team did not suspend Pacman is because the guard took responsibility for instigating the incident. The reason Goodell stepped down where Jerry didn't is because Pacman had been told no alcohol. Vodka took him down.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Hostile;2431415 said:
The bodyguard has admitted to starting it by making a comment about Jones' fiance. I heard she had too much to drink and he said more than he should have. The reason the team did not suspend Pacman is because the guard took responsibility for instigating the incident. The reason Goodell stepped down where Jerry didn't is because Pacman had been told no alcohol. Vodka took him down.

Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2431418 said:
Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification.
FYI, I also heard that his suspension really bummed this team out. He is well liked by the players on the team and they were angry at him, but also felt like he got the shaft.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2431408 said:

My bodyguard has never tried anything with me, but I think I can take him if push came to shove:

cupidshut_2029_259807620

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2431430 said:
My bodyguard has never tried anything with me, but I think I can take him if push came to shove:

cupidshut_2029_259807620
I don't know dude, he looks like he will just keep coming back every time you knock him down.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2431408 said:

Hmmm...let's see...how could this have been avoided...if only there was some way to have avoided being at a public place where drinking was involved...gosh darn it...

I know this situation isn't nearly as bad as some of his others, and ultimately not entirely his fault, but the guy could have done the smart thing, the responsible thing, and realise that he continuely gets into trouble when he goes out to parties and either he, or people in his association, are drinking too much and that he should probably, for the sake of his own career, possibly stay home.

I mean is it impossible for him and his friends to party at home and out of the public eye? It's really not that difficult. So, yes, he still shoulders part of the blame for putting himself into the places, and situations, that he continues to put himself into.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Said it before, and I'll say it again.

This should not even be a situation. Pac got himself into this trouble, I have no sympathy for the man. Stay out of trouble, and Goddell has no reason to suspend you. End of story.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Let's remember that unlike his previous suspension, he hasn't been with the team or practicing over the past month...he's been dealing with an alcohol problem.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
wayne motley;2431518 said:
Let's remember that unlike his previous suspension, he hasn't been with the team or practicing over the past month...he's been dealing with an alcohol problem.

That according to the center he doesn't have. So what's the excuse for his behavior the next time he screws up?