News: Goodell: Sunday Ticket is heading for a streaming service, decision coming this year

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Same here. Att unlimited. But canceled directv last month. I only need ticket for about 2 games a year. Gonna wing it this year. Plus they let me keep my equipment because it’s old. I can call anytime and they will start it up. Said I could have ticket free this year because they hosed me last year. If I am going to miss a game it will be later in the year and if they are playing well they will show the game.
Understand . I just can’t imagine missing a Cowboy game . I don’t recall missing one since at least going back to early 60’s.

And why now that I’m retired I don’t travel from Sept - Dec so I don’t have to worry about missing one . Football is such a high priority in my life . I’m certainly not going to let a few hundred bucks dictate my passion and entertainment .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I use the multi channels options, but at time when I want the full screen for a game, I will also put one on my laptop and / or one on my iPad. Plus on my TV.
I had AT&T for my cell service for 20 years or more, but a few years ago as they would not reduce my fees, I was added to my ex-wifes plan on Sprint, now t-mobile, and saved me $65 a month. I can't tell any different in service. But I get free Hulu, and canceled my paid Hulu plan, and I get free 50GB hotspot per month. That comes in handy for when AT&T internet went out. But I have AT&T fiber now, and it has been much more reliable, though I can't tell any difference in overall speed.
But they did get me on a pan for long term customer, for $25 a month as it was $50 a month.
My AT&T is $65 month. It was $39.99 up until I finally got unlimited data plan a few years ago when they merged with Direct TV.

I’ve been with them for over 20 years when they were Cingular One . My plan is grandfathered in.

My wife has never had a Cell phone bill. Her company provides her IPhone . She’s been with them about 30 years.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Understand . I just can’t imagine missing a Cowboy game . I don’t recall missing one since at least going back to early 60’s.

And why now that I’m retired I don’t travel from Sept - Dec so I don’t have to worry about missing one . Football is such a high priority in my life . I’m certainly not going to let a few hundred bucks dictate my passion and entertainment .
Understood sir..

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
How very thoughtful of the league and the network to make sure that the price stays high
Well as is clearly said with existing contacts already in place they can't change the price. Well they in the future who knows

erod

Reaction score
That should be the death knell for DirecTV, which I'm a subscriber of.

I'd change, but my wife wouldn't like it. She doesn't want to re-learn another service.

Plus, the PQ is still superior with DirecTV compared to other options, and I have a theater room with a 131- inch screen, so that matters.

Welp....

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I already stream games for free with my SuperBox. However, I'm pulling for Amazon in this race.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised to see all sports end up like boxing. Pay-per-view for the games with some freebies sprinkled in. Want to see defending champions battle it out? Pay for the Thirsday night package. Want to see your team, pay per game instead of an NFL package.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Think about all of the vices or crap you waste or blow money on throughout the year from cigs, alcohol, drugs , junk food , bar hopping, etc.

And what’s your greatest entertainment for 4 months of the year, for most probably football . And you cant budget $300 a year to have access to every game . I’d argue priorities are out of whack if you love the NFL and want to watch every game.

TV’s are very affordable. By a couple more to add for football season so you can access multiple games at one time . It’s the ultimate home viewing experience.
OK not bashing you as you make a good point, but also I bet goodell and all the nfl owners love fans that see it as you do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OK not bashing you as you make a good point, but also I bet goodell and all the nfl owners love fans that see it as you do.
I love the NFL and especially amateur football. I try to make it to a high school on Friday nights too and an occasional college game on Saturday.

Football has been a huge part of my life since I was a little kid as far back as I can recall. My father had season tickets to Baylor and Cowboy games. I was attending football games even before I attended school so I’ve been told.

My earliest memories in my childhood is attending football games and going to my grandpas dairy farm.

Last edited: