Gosselin back in Aug 2006 said that... Bledsoe.... Romo

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rack;1737807 said:
Ok I think that guy wins, hands down.

I'd bet money that no one talked Romo up before that.

That dude should of gone to Vegas that week. :D

I remember the "Watch Thief" MrBlueman22 really liked Romo when he 1st came out.

SibannacRex

Reaction score
CATCH17;1737833 said:
I remember the "Watch Thief" MrBlueman22 really liked Romo when he 1st came out.

The person we need to thank for Romo is Sean Payton. He actually thought Romo should start over Q. Carter, Vinny T. and Drew Henson back in 2004.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SibannacRex;1737838 said:
The person we need to thank for Romo is Sean Payton. He actually thought Romo should start over Q. Carter, Vinny T. and Drew Henson back in 2004.
A lot of truth in this.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile;1737820 said:
I remember laughing at him...until we signed Romo.

On any other subject he was a complete and total idiot. He pegged this right on the money. Of course he did predict Romo would start as a rookie, so he wasn't right at every turn on him.

iceberg might remember him. They had a healthy dislike for each other.

I remember that guy ...... made me not trust anyone with the word Bob in their name for a while. :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
zrinkill;1737892 said:
I remember that guy ...... made me not trust anyone with the word Bob in their name for a while. :laugh2:
LOL

Remember him patting himself on the back when we did sign Romo? You'd have thought he personally flew Jerry to Wisconsin (or Illionois) and talked him into the deal.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Danny White;1737865 said:
I you want to revisit an old example of Nors swimming upstream on this, check out this old thread from when Romo signed a new contract back in 2005.

There's definitely a healthy amount of crow to be eaten there. :D

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26847&highlight=Romo
LOL, gotta love revisiting some old threads.

This one was pretty good...
ghst187 said:
Romo, who cares....he'll never be anything more than a backup and preferrably a 3rd stringer...
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=379183&postcount=84

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack;1737778 said:
Sorry you misunderstood. You said he was the first you recalled, and I just let you know that he wasn't the first to say it. Wasn't attacking your or anything.

Sorry about that...Thought you were in normal attack mode so I fired a salvo.:D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White;1737865 said:
I you want to revisit an old example of Nors swimming upstream on this, check out this old thread from when Romo signed a new contract back in 2005.

There's definitely a healthy amount of crow to be eaten there. :D

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26847&highlight=Romo

There were many funny things in that thread.

One was the original poster who people under estimated...if people only knew.:laugh1:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;1737955 said:
There were many funny things in that thread.

One was the original poster who people under estimated...if people only knew.:laugh1:
Don'tcha just love when people dig up old threads.
What's interesting is you can see the tide turning towards Romo. "Who is this guy and why did they sign him to an extension?"

booboo said:
in the big scope....that was a waste of 2 million dollars.
Really, who makes their username booboo?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt;1737955 said:
One was the original poster who people under estimated...if people only knew.

cowboytillidie also said that Columbo was a bust who had no talent. So the guy was hit and miss as far as knowing about the team.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I like this sarcastic post=
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=379485&postcount=175

Crown Royal said:
I apologize LTN. I had never looked at it that way. You have shown me the light. Romo is the future. Romo will lead us to the promised land. I mean, MOXIE! Seriously, though, I hope this is just a place holder contract. I hope they did it just to continue negotiations to get a long term deal, the REAL deal. I expect somewhere along the lines of 5 years, 30 million (with a 10 million dollar SB). This guy, I mean, I want him on the team for years to come.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
The old thecowboys. net mavezo board is still floating around if you'd like to read some real blasts from the past.

The most overrated players in the 2004 draft thread was gold. One poster was bashing Roethlisburger and Rivers, another Vilma and Wilfork......

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1738019 said:
The old thecowboys. net mavezo board is still floating around if you'd like to read some real blasts from the past.

The most overrated players in the 2004 draft thread was gold. One poster was bashing Roethlisburger and Rivers, another Vilma and Wilfork......

I thought they linked here?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
theebs;1737814 said:
Babe Laufenberg was the one and only media member talking about Romo.

In the offseason of 04 when we signed Bledsoe in february, Laufenberg said that night on the sports part of the cbs 11 news that it was a mistake and Tony Romo should be given every opportunity to win that position.

He was the only one. I remember Steve Dennis and Mickey Spagnola and Brad Sham all kind of laughing him off in the summer of 05 and then training camp.

He continued to plug romo and his blue collar work ethic and his 8000 college passing yards, which if I remember correctly he said was hard to do when passing the football to your brother in the backyard.

I can confirm this as well.

Noah is to the Ark, as Babe Laufenberg is to the Tony Romo Bandwagon. And he's HAPPY to remind you of that at the drop of a hat! :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;1737986 said:
cowboytillidie also said that Columbo was a bust who had no talent. So the guy was hit and miss as far as knowing about the team.

Nobody has a crystal ball that works 100% of the time.

But I was actually talking about something else about that poster.

<sneaks off knowing a secret>:D

jchocolate82

Reaction score
superpunk;1737711 said:
Parcells was dropping hints about how much he liked Romo ever since we signed him. Every time other media outlets would ask him about our golden boy Henson, he'd respond and then make sure he mentioned how "he had another one down there that noone was talking about."

Many people were reading the tea leaves on that. Peter King was one who was saying it to start preseason, on HBO and such.

This was interesting I think there was an article about this awhile ago how everyone would talk about Henson and Parcells was trying to protect a young QB from being thrown to the dogs and he was actually talking about Romo.