Gosselin back in Aug 2006 said that... Bledsoe.... Romo

Angus

Reaction score
Danny White;1737865 said:
I you want to revisit an old example of Nors swimming upstream on this, check out this old thread from when Romo signed a new contract back in 2005.

There's definitely a healthy amount of crow to be eaten there. :D

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/
showthread.php?t=26847&highlight=Romo

Thanks for posting this. It is revealing to discover who who is now singing Romo's praises, but who were dissing him when he signed last year. I'm saving it.

Props to Nors, Banned-in-Austin, and JackMagist. Can't decide whether LaTunaNostra deserves props for astute analysis and prediction, or derision for a sarcastic misfire. But I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

:)

Zman5

Reaction score
Nors was more of Henson hater than a true Romo supporter. He hated the fact we gave up on Bledsoe last year and went with Romo. I remember seeing some post by him on "the other" board saying that Bledsoe was better than Romo.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1737955 said:
There were many funny things in that thread.

One was the original poster who people under estimated...if people only knew.:laugh1:

I wonder why that poster doesn't post as much anymore?

He seemed to have some really good inside information.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White;1738343 said:

Maybe his friends are no longer on the roster.

It can happen.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Danny White;1738343 said:

He still visits, just doesn't post very much. He never posted a whole lot, but what he did was usually very good.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Hostile;1738362 said:
He still visits, just doesn't post very much. He never posted a whole lot, but what he did was usually very good.

That's actually how I stumbled across the thread I posted in the first place. I went looking to see when he last posted, and started reading through some of the threads he started and I found this gem.

:laugh2:

:zipit:

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Hostile;1738362 said:
He must have had very reliable sources who was an insider because in many of his threads, he keeps referring to "my source" as if those sources had some sort of inside knowledge.

dogberry

Reaction score
I'm impressed by your memories. I can remember Mr. Bill and Dallas East at the DMN, that the Star Telegram was wild. Is there a place on the Zone where you guys can share stories of the internet and the Cowboys?

Thanks, Kent

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1737953 said:
Sorry about that...Thought you were in normal attack mode so I fired a salvo.:D

cats_hissing_sm.jpg

Zman5;1738142 said:
Nors was more of Henson hater than a true Romo supporter. He hated the fact we gave up on Bledsoe last year and went with Romo. I remember seeing some post by him on "the other" board saying that Bledsoe was better than Romo.

:hammer:

Here's one post from Nors in that thread. Does it sound like Romo praise or Henson Hate?

Romo hits the bank - Parcells obviously likes him. They did NOT have to do this for him. He beat Henson out last year and they flip flopped scout team. I expect Romo to be the #2 if Bledsoe goes down.

Henson must feel like Hutch did - Coach - whats my role?

I'm #3 behind a statue and a golfer. ***?

Here's one from Adam. Sorry, Adam, I had to show the zoners that you are actually human... although there's nothing technically wrong with your post except the last line...

That's hilarious. Henson passed Romo on the depth chart twice last season, Henson finished the season ahead of Romo, Henson started when Testaverde couldn't (while Romo was de-activated for the fifth straight week), Henson took 49 snaps and attempted 18 passes to Romo's double goose egg, and Henson has gotten heaps of praise from Parcells and other coaches this offseason while Romo has barely been mentioned.

The pecking order has been established going into training camp, and Romo clearly is at the bottom.

Another from Nors...

Top 10 things Romo did today after signing his $2M contract:

10) Went golfing
9) Laughed with Bledsoe on course about Henson throwing 5000 passes
8) Went online to verify his bonus hit - it was wired in
7) Went off and bought a new pair of golf shoes
6) Worked out at the Ranch - Parcells busted his balls
5) Went golfing again
4) Swung back around the ranch for his 1 on 1 tutoring of Henson on blitz recognition
3) Went to Driving range
2) Logged back in to see the bonus wire into his account
1) Went over Robinson's house and practiced holding snaps for an hour!

Yep, sure sounds more like Henson Hate to me then Romo "love".

We all know how he is when he "Loves" a player... or coach. Just look how he acts when referring to Belicheat.

And referring to #1 on that list... Romo should of practiced more. :D

Another Nors "gem"...

I have almost 20+ years experience here in New England analyzing the Tuna.

Wow. I mean, I already knew Nors was full of it, but then you read something like this and it still amazes me.

Just, wow.

Nors threw in several pointless posts like this next one. Basically posted something just like this a few times in this very thread. Yeah, I'd say he's an intigator...

Romo hit it today - good for him as he deserved it!

Another Nors gem. Sorry, but Nors jsut makes it too easy...

I'll bet you Copper and Crayton don't play in Dallas for 4 seasons.

Romo will.

He got the Copper part right (not saying much), but the Crayton part? It's already been 3 seasons. If Crayton plays for the cowboys next year Nors will be wrong (as usual) but he'll never acknowledge it (as usual).

That thread was hilarious. I only wish I'd gotten involved in it, but I could barely stand the Nors garbage from a post two years ago, if I'd gotten involved in it then I likely would of gotten myself banned. :D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1737759 said:
Yep. He may throw a thousand things against the wall but this one stuck.

Nors was calling for Romo to be the future or an up and comer LONG before these media types and many people on the board.

So I give Nors credit for being the first I recall when everyone was on Henson's jock.

I remember a few helacious beatings I took from the Hensonites back in the day for calling Romo. My eyes saw Romo going 8-11 like most games, always moving team and had some bravado. I also liked that he was a pro level Golfer and the mental toughness that entails.

But what cemented it back as far as early 2004 was how Parcells talked about Romo and Henson in his subtle way. He thought the world of Romo and had cast Henson as Chad 2 - JMO back that far.

Bledsoe - I thought he had a stellar 2005 season derailed with no Flo and Petitti at tackles and a D that collapsed in December.

2006 it just became apparent that we could not protect Drew and that Romo needed to inject that Moxie into offense. Drew was my boy, and for a week or two I thought Bill pulled plug too soon. I was wrong - Romo was ready 2006. I thought Bledsoe had 2007 season left in tank. Heck I could argue he shreds Seattle in playoffs with depleted secondary and then we had a chance to punk Bears.

But Romo gained valuable experience and with $69M contract, we are rocking in 2007.

I may not have been technically the first, but I was right there.

Henson I believe is out of NFL, this all around is a great story for Romo. Small school kid done good and beat the odds.

You want to double down? 4 Seasons ago I made this board aware of a QB at UNH - named Ricky Santos. Bookmark that name - last year he won Payton and is rewriting record books.

And, he will have all the doubters on Sundays competing with the Pedigree big school name. I was long on Romo, I hope Santos finds a NFL team willing to invest 3 years in him......like we did with Romo.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Too funny...Nors was on Romo's jock when it was the contrary view, the minute it became clear Tony was in the wings to take the job from Bledsoe and people were calling for the change he immediately turned on Tony with a huge amount of support for Bledsoe.

But believe he called it if you want...he didn't.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Zman5;1738142 said:

2003/4 ERA Bledsoe was not in this discussion.

I wasn't a Henson hater, I can live with doubter tag. That I was - I had a epic Brady/Henson story that was VERY telling - great read in the day and long

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Danny White;1737865 said:
I you want to revisit an old example of Nors swimming upstream on this, check out this old thread from when Romo signed a new contract back in 2005.

There's definitely a healthy amount of crow to be eaten there. :D

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26847&highlight=Romo

LOL - I am reading where I chimed in. Thus far the only really silly thing I have said is that I am not impressed by him. And I really wasn't until offseason of 2005. I never would have kept Romo - I just never believed in the GunSlinger style QB (color me converted).

Anyway - I eventually said this, which in retrospect is hilarious:

crown royal said:
I hope this is just a place holder contract. I hope they did it just to continue negotiations to get a long term deal, the REAL deal. I expect somewhere along the lines of 5 years, 30 million (with a 10 million dollar SB). This guy, I mean, I want him on the team for years to come.
:laugh2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra;1738709 said:
Too funny...Nors was on Romo's jock when it was the contrary view, the minute it became clear Tony was in the wings to take the job from Bledsoe and people were calling for the change he immediately turned on Tony with a huge amount of support for Bledsoe.

Hi - BZ

Your stance on Henson and Romo is clear back then, time to move on.

Season later we signed Bledsoe is a different discussion. I was always long on Romo, and in hind spot best thing for Romo was getting time as a backup and learning from Vets.

I was not posting here in 2006 season.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
blindzebra;1738709 said:

Yep. Exactly.

Got to agree with theebs and Taps on Babe, too. He loved Romo going way back. And like Taps said, he's not afraid of reminding you of that, either. ;)

Actually, the first guy on the board I remember really touting Romo is InmanRoshi. Maybe he didn't care for Henson, but he wasn't pointing out Romo simply to be contrary. He actually had the stats on Romo's MPH at the combine, etc. Rememer "Han Romo"? :D

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
That was a fun read.......thanks for posting it.

I too was for Romo since he got here and defended him against the Hensonites. I remember Parcells promoting him to second string over the crappy Hutchinson, at training camp, (it happened right in front of me), and Peyton actually wanted to start him as a rookie.

Back then, at TC, they practiced at Burbank High School in SA, and you could get real close to the practices, and could hear the conversations the coaches were having. Those were the days of Rashard Lee and Troy Hambrick, and the endless Hutch/QC debates.

That was on the old board, i used to post as rocketman back then.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Nobody bats .1000 in the predictions game. I'd venture that many people are quite glad that they were wrong about Tony's prospects.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I called it 1st, but everyone laughed at me, so I deleted it, but thanks to advanced, reincarnation search
summerisfunner said:
Bledsoe who? he's just a fill-in till Romo becomes our QB, and he will go to the Pro Bowl
a fun search would be the post talking about the rumored trade offer the Jets had for us, Romo for a 3rd, bring it up and see who was mad that we didn't jump on it ;)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1738795 said:
I called it 1st, but everyone laughed at me, so I deleted it, but thanks to advanced, reincarnation search
a fun search would be the post talking about the rumored trade offer the Jets had for us, Romo for a 3rd, bring it up and see who was mad that we didn't jump on it ;)

it was 2nd actually for Romo....nfl teams were on his talent even back then....