News: Gosselin: If Cowboys spend first-round pick on QB, clock starts ticking on Tony Romo's career

Romotil45

Reaction score
Are you quoting yourself now and responding to your own posts? :lmao:

Yes unfortunately I forget that sarcasim as humor does not come off well in social media because its all in the delivery. The point being no need to replace a top 5 QB when he still has 4-5 quality years unless you want to see him in another uniform.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yes unfortunately I forget that sarcasim as humor does not come off well in social media because its all in the delivery. The point being no need to replace a top 5 QB when he still has 4-5 quality years unless you want to see him in another uniform.

I just don't think Romo will play 4-5 more years.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I just don't think Romo will play 4-5 more years.

I understand that opinion but think you will feel better about Romo after this season. No need for knee jerk reactions. Payton would still be playing if not for catastrophic injury diminishing him arm-strength. How much longer will Brady play ? 2-3 more years is my guess before his mobility becomes a problem. Tony could loose a lot of mobility before it become an issue.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I understand that opinion but think you will feel better about Romo after this season. No need for knee jerk reactions. Payton would still be playing if not for catastrophic injury diminishing him arm-strength. How much longer will Brady play ? 2-3 more years is my guess before his mobility becomes a problem. Tony could loose a lot of mobility before it become an issue.

But Peyton's injury was exacerbated by his age. When you get older, your body doesn't recover as it does when you're young.

Brady has been relatively injury free his entire career, except the year he sat out do to an ACL injury. Besides, Brady and Peyton are BIGGER and TALLER than Romo.

I'm on the side of physics and aging. And physics says a smaller, older quarterback is more likely to get hurt than a bigger, older quarterback or a younger, bigger quarterback or a younger, smaller quarterback.

Then if you factor in that the smaller quarterback has already suffered several injuries, physics and aging aren't on Tony Romo's side.

DFWJC

Reaction score
listen I'm just a draft from St Lous but from where I'm sitting Dallas is bad team(using ourlads depth chart and looking at other teams) with an old QB...time for a total rebuild...that 4-12 record was real. .you have a great oline time to draft your QB of the future

How was 4-12 remotely real when you were missing your Pro Bowl QB, Pro Bowl WR, and best CB.
Come on

Romotil45

Reaction score
But Peyton's injury was exacerbated by his age. When you get older, your body doesn't recover as it does when you're young.

Brady has been relatively injury free his entire career, except the year he sat out do to an ACL injury. Besides, Brady and Peyton are BIGGER and TALLER than Romo.

I'm on the side of physics and aging. And physics says a smaller, older quarterback is more likely to get hurt than a bigger, older quarterback or a younger, bigger quarterback or a younger, smaller quarterback.

Then if you factor in that the smaller quarterback has already suffered several injuries, physics and aging aren't on Tony Romo's side.

You really think Brady is more sturdy a guy than Romo ? Sure he's hit the weight room a little since the draft but did you see his draft photos a stiff wind could have blown him over. Lol. You are reaching big time if you think because Brady is taller he is more sturdy.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You really think Brady is more sturdy a guy than Romo ?

Yes.

Brady 6'4 225 lbs.
Romo 6'2 228 lbs. (I've seen weight for Romo from 219-230).
But if you line them up, you'll see that Brady has more size than Romo.

Moreover, since he's been the full-time starter, Brady has only missed one season (2008) due to injury. Romo has missed games in four seasons due to injury and has had the more recent injury.

Sure he's hit the weight room a little since the draft but did you see his draft photos a stiff wind could have blown him over. Lol. You are reaching big time if you think because Brady is taller he is more sturdy.

You're making a judgment of Brady based on what he looked like coming into the league? LOL!

Yes, Brady is sturdier than Romo. Anyone who has any ounce of objectivity and measures the two based on objective data will arrive at the same conclusion.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Yes.

Brady 6'4 225 lbs.
Romo 6'2 228 lbs. (I've seen weight for Romo from 219-230).
But if you line them up, you'll see that Brady has more size than Romo.

Moreover, since he's been the full-time starter, Brady has only missed one season (2008) due to injury. Romo has missed games in four seasons due to injury and has had the more recent injury.

You're making a judgment of Brady based on what he looked like coming into the league? LOL!

Yes, Brady is sturdier than Romo. Anyone who has any ounce of objectivity and measures the two based on objective data will arrive at the same conclusion.

Since I continue to disagree to continue the debate might be mute. I believe Romo wt closer to 230. Romo has much better mobility which makes him less of an injury concern than Brady. Yes Brady has been lucky he's played behind a quality OL much of his c
career. His offense is designed for the ball to come out quickly where our offense takes more shots down the field.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Since I continue to disagree to continue the debate might be mute. I believe Romo wt closer to 230. Romo has much better mobility which makes him less of an injury concern than Brady. Yes Brady has been lucky he's played behind a quality OL much of his c
career. His offense is designed for the ball to come out quickly where our offense takes more shots down the field.

First, despite his mobility, he's still getting injured more than Brady is.

Second, mobility can actually aid in getting injured, especially if you're not climbing the pocket. Brady climbs the pocket better than Romo does.

Third, Romo has also played behind quality lines and has STILL gotten injured more than Brady.

Fourth, if you're going to attribute Brady's health to a better offensive scheme, you've just made an argument for why Romo WON'T play 4-5 more years, unless Jason Garrett plans to change his offensive scheme to match Belichick's and Brady's. ;)

Romotil45

Reaction score
First, despite his mobility, he's still getting injured more than Brady is.

Second, mobility can actually aid in getting injured, especially if you're not climbing the pocket. Brady climbs the pocket better than Romo does.

Third, Romo has also played behind quality lines and has STILL gotten injured more than Brady.

Fourth, if you're going to attribute Brady's health to a better offensive scheme, you've just made an argument for why Romo WON'T play 4-5 more years, unless Jason Garrett plans to change his offensive scheme to match Belichick's and Brady's. ;)

Romo climbs the pocket fine. No need to reach for 1st round QB until 2018 unless we find a mid to late round gem before hand. I would take Romo over Brady. You put Romo in that system Romo is the GOAT.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Romo climbs the pocket fine. No need to reach for 1st round QB until 2018 unless we find a mid to late round gem before hand. I would take Romo over Brady. You put Romo in that system Romo is the GOAT.

I never said Romo doesn't climb the pocket well. I said he doesn't climb it as well as Brady.

Second, never compare a hypothetical with an actual. Hypothetical=if Romo were in that system, he would be the GOAT. Actual=Brady IS in that system, and he is one of the GOAT if not the GOAT, and I say the latter.

We don't know what Romo would have done in the same system. We DO know what Brady has done. :)

Romotil45

Reaction score
I never said Romo doesn't climb the pocket well. I said he doesn't climb it as well as Brady.

Second, never compare a hypothetical with an actual. Hypothetical=if Romo were in that system, he would be the GOAT. Actual=Brady IS in that system, and he is one of the GOAT if not the GOAT, and I say the latter.

We don't know what Romo would have done in the same system. We DO know what Brady has done. :)

Why not ? IMO Romo a better QB than Brady period. You put Romo in that system he is the GOAT.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If you think its 3 then you should be with the crowd that wants a 1 round guy this year next too QB classes are pretty bleak.

I don't force-fit players into draft slots based on position only.
But I did say all along that if Dallas had a QB (or any player) sitting there at 4th overall that they truly thought deserved to be drafted that high, then go for it.
At 4th overall, they better be really special.

Romotil45

Reaction score
I don't force-fit players into draft slots based on position only.
But I did say all along that if Dallas had a QB (or any player) sitting there at 4th overall that they truly thought deserved to be drafted that high, then go for it.
At 4th overall, they better be really special.

Ok I could live with that but I still believe the FO in all on Romo for foreseeable future and will take best defense player available or tradeback. I believe they truly feel Romo is good to go until 40. In 2 weeks we will know for sure for the coming year anyway.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Simply logic says two guys same wt one 2in shorter says the shorter guys has a more muscular build. I would wager that's true in this case.

I don't care what he has to say. I was just making a general comment.