Gosselin's final mock - just a few picks so far but interesting

JBS

Reaction score
Someone please post the entire mock if you can find it..this is what has been tweeted so far

Locker @ 8
Dalton @ 12
Prince @ 25
Watt @ 26

Edit*** just realized i mixed up locker and Dalton..still crazy

speedkilz88

Reaction score
There is a new article at the dmn, but I'm not sure if it's it. I don't have access.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...-go-in-first-round-of-tonight_s-nfl-draft.ece

AbeBeta

Reaction score
wow. Dalton at 8. He is a really good QB pick but that high is crazy. Of course, people are projecting Locker there too. Dalton is a safer pick ... but at 8?

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
no way this happens - you think Franchises are going to million of dollars on third tier QB's -

I would not spend it on Cam let alone Dalton

JBS

Reaction score
Edited my OP

I mixed up dalton and locker..still pretty crazy

AbeBeta

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3925154 said:
Edited my OP

I mixed up dalton and locker..still pretty crazy

I've seen a few drafts with Locker there -- teams were impressed with his accuracy in the workouts so it makes most think they can fix his problems in that area ... Dalton at 12 is still pretty crazy -- to me, he projects to be a good QB but come on ... he isn't going to be some elite QB

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3925153 said:
no way this happens - you think Franches are going to spend big money on third tier QB's - I would not spend it on Cam let alone Dalton

If Gosselin is claiming it then you would be wise from his past to at least give it some credence as crazy as it sounds.

JBS

Reaction score
I'm trying like heck to find his full mock..but I haven't yet

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3925162 said:
If Gosselin is claiming it then you would be wise from his past to at least give it some credence as crazy as it sounds.

goose does not scare me - hes way over hyped

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
AbeBeta;3925161 said:
I've seen a few drafts with Locker there -- teams were impressed with his accuracy in the workouts so it makes most think they can fix his problems in that area ... Dalton at 12 is still pretty crazy -- to me, he projects to be a good QB but come on ... he isn't going to be some elite QB

No kidding.

If this happens, teams will really be losing their minds, IMO.

I mean... I know you need to have a QB to win, but you can't take just anyone and make them worthy of a top pick.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Gosselin is a doofus 11 months out of the year.

But this is when he shines. He's a draft savant. He's got some pretty decent sources throughout the league.

The talk about Dalton moving way up has been showing up on Twitter for the past day or two.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3925166 said:

Hes always in the top 2 or 3 in accuracy.

All i am saying is that if he is writing that in his final mock then he is hearing it from some NFL club.

I don't give him much credence with him in anything else other than the draft and his support for potential Cowboys into the HoF.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Has us taking Smith at #9. Cam is #1.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...ck-draft-cowboys-settle-on-ot-tyron-smith.ece

I am not a subscriber there so don't have the rest either.

JBS

Reaction score
Fla Cowpoke;3925180 said:
Has us taking Smith at #9. Cam is #1.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...ck-draft-cowboys-settle-on-ot-tyron-smith.ece

I am not a subscriber there so don't have the rest either.

Thank you! Just saw that Kiper has us taking Cam Jordan @9 in his final mock

Randy White

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3925166 said:

When it comes to mock drafts, he's not. He's as tuned in with the league as anyone.

When it comes to evaluating player, he doesn't know his butt from his toe.

Randy White

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3925168 said:
No kidding. If this happens, teams will really be losing their minds, IMO. I mean... I know you need to have a QB to win, but you can't take just anyone and make them worthy of a top pick.

Let me tell you folks something: Locker is not a joke.

I had a feeling that when he got exposed that there were going to be GMs around the league who'd be seriously interested. The problem with him is that he has to be broken down almost completely ( using an army term ) and rebuilt again due to the bad habits he picked up because he had horrible talent surrounding him and no coach to help him develop properly.

I've often said that the difference between a Troy Aikman and a Joey Harrington ( for example ) is smaller than most people realize. Most folks, even Cowboys fans, don't realize how close Troy came to being Joey Harrington and not because of any physical problems or mental problems, but because of something as simple as ONE coach's decision.

It's hard to look up, but if there's a film out there with Lockers passes, even if it's just Youtube, look at them. Forget wether they were completed or not ( most of the time the incompletes are not the QB's fault ), but look at his release, look at his throwing motion, look at his height, his weight, and his mobility. There's ALOT of talent to work with in that kid.

Randy White

Reaction score
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3925225&postcount=2

I swear, I hadn't seen that article until a couple of minutes ago.

I certainly don't agree with everything in it, especially since he contradicts himself at one point, but there are alot of valid arguments and insights there.

Apparently the NFL is noticing the same thing he noticed about Locker which is why Goose is mocking him that high.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Randy White;3925217 said:
Let me tell you folks something: Locker is no joked.

Yes, we should all trust your football acumen. Afterall, you're the same guy that said Green Bay was not really a good football team and benefited from playing a weak schedule in '09.

How'd that workout by the way?