Gosselin's final mock - just a few picks so far but interesting

Randy White

Reaction score
realtick;3925236 said:
Yes, we should all trust your football acumen. Afterall, you're the same guy that said Green Bay was not really a good football team and benefited from playing a weak schedule in '09.

How'd that workout by the way?

What the hell are you babbling about now ?

But first, get your head out of Randall Cunningham's backside and take a breath of fresh air before you choke. His 56% completion rate is still not good enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Troy Aikman no matter how many yards and TDs he threw for.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Randy White;3925241 said:
What the hell are you babbling about now ?

But first, get your head out of Randall Cunningham's backside and take a breath of fresh air before you choke. His 56% completion rate is still not good enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Troy Aikman no matter how many yards and TDs he threw for.

Lol, you should take your own advice. What in the world does Randall Cunningham have to do with anything?

It figures you would try to distance yourself from that homerfied and misguided assessment of the Packers you made at the start of this season. Lol, I remember you clearly lamenting how the Packers "didn't really beat us" in '09.

dgr81

Reaction score
#1 - Cam
#2 - Miller
#3 - Dareus
#7 - Gabbert
#8 - Locker
#9 - T. Smith
#10 - Ponder
#11- A. Smith
#12 - Dalton
#20 - Quinn
#21 - Carimi
#25 - Amukamara
#26 - Watt

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The headline at DMN says....Rick Gosselin's final mock draft: Cowboys settle on OT Tyron Smith

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Found this on some Kansas City Chiefs Fan site http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/04/28/rick-gosselin-weighs-in-itll-be-carimi/

Cam Newton first, Von Miller to Denver, and the Bills select Marcell Dareus.

Check out this QB run, it’s insane: Newton to Carolina, Gabbert to the Niners, Locker to the Titans, Ponder to the Commanders, and Dalton to the Vikings. That’s five QBs in the first twelve selections!

Aldon Smith goes off the board at 11.

Robert Quinn falls to #20. Prince Amukamara falls to #25. Wow.

On the board at #21: Carimi, Boston College OT Anthony Castonzo, Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt, Baylor NT Phil Taylor, Mississippi State OT Derek Sherrod, and Arizona OLB Brooks Reed.

=====

My comments...

If Prince fell that far, that would be great value for the Seahawks.

Woods

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3925265 said:
Found this on some Kansas City Chiefs Fan site http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/04/28/rick-gosselin-weighs-in-itll-be-carimi/

Cam Newton first, Von Miller to Denver, and the Bills select Marcell Dareus.

Check out this QB run, it’s insane: Newton to Carolina, Gabbert to the Niners, Locker to the Titans, Ponder to the Commanders, and Dalton to the Vikings. That’s five QBs in the first twelve selections!

Aldon Smith goes off the board at 11.

On the board at #21: Carimi, Boston College OT Anthony Castonzo, Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt, Baylor NT Phil Taylor, Mississippi State OT Derek Sherrod, and Arizona OLB Brooks Reed.

=====

My comments...

If Prince fell that far, that would be great value for the Seahawks.

We could get a good player fall to us at 40 if the Draft plays out like that.

Maybe like C Hayward at DE? I'd like P Taylor, but I think he'll be gone.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;3925265 said:

On the board at #21: Carimi, Boston College OT Anthony Castonzo, Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt
:eek:

Holy moly.

MadCow

Reaction score
A Steelers message board posted it as:

#1 - Newton
#2 - Miller
#3 - Dareus
#4 - Green
#5 - Peterson
#6 - Jones
#7 - Gabbert
#8 - Locker
#9 - Tyron Smith
#10 - Ponder
#11 - Aldon Smith
#12 - Dalton
#13 - Fairley
#14 - Ingram
#15 - Pouncey
#16 - Kerrigan
#17 - Jordan
#18 - Liuget
#19 - Solder
#20 - Quinn
#21 - Carimi
#22 - Castonzo
#23 - Smith
#24 - Clayborn
#25 - Amukamara
#26 - Watt
#27 - Taylor
#28 - Watkins
#29 - Austin
#30 - Sherrod
#31 - Heyward
#32 - Williams

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Based on this mock, I guess there is some trade down opportunity at 9 if someone was desparate for Ponder or Dalton (can't believe I'm saying this).

Randy White

Reaction score
realtick;3925247 said:
Lol, you should take your own advice. What in the world does Randall Cunningham have to do with anything?

What, you forgotten the verbal beatdown you received the last time you " thought " you had a clue of what you were typing ? Wait, I'll remind you:

realtick;3861556 said:
He never became "great," lol.

Funny, how the guy who supposedly only had his legs as his "primary weapon" was able to have the same career QB rating as Troy Aikman; more career TDs than Aikman; less career interceptions than Aikman..

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3861556&postcount=105

You proved to be the fool that you are, with that little nugget, on a thread where you were getting ripped by others, something that apparently is par for the course with you.

It figures you would try to distance yourself from that homerfied and misguided assessment of the Packers you made at the start of this season. Lol, I remember you clearly lamenting how the Packers "didn't really beat us" in '09.

I have NO idea of what you're drooling about, but if by some chance I said that the Packers in 2009 didn't really beat us, as in we beat ourselves, it's because that's exactly what happened. The game was 7-7 for 3 1/2 quarters and wasn't over until Tony Romo threw an int near or at the Packers endzone and Felix Jones fumbled the ball ( which was a controversial call ) in Packers territory ( if I remember correctly ) both turnovers leading to the 10 points difference.

Now go on playing with yourself and leave the discussion to grown ups who know what they're talking about.

reddyuta

Reaction score
this screams a trade down for me,JJ is going get some great offers.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Would anything really surprise you now that Jeff Fischer has been fired and Bud Adams is calling shots? The guy who gives Jerry Glanville his first head coaching job and brings the Run N Shoot to the NFL?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3925281 said:
Rams take Ingram? When RB is basically 1 of a few things they do have

They've came out and said they're looking for a power back to complement SJax.

SJax has been a warrior, but he has so much milleage on those tires that he's not going to be around when Bradford takes that team to the next level and is ready to really contend in a year or so.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Goose's latest is very, very interesting. I'm kinda shocked to see QB's so high and Fairley down to 13 ... and Amukamara down to 25. I wouldn't pay much attention to this mock except that it's Goose.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I always thought there was going to be a QB run on the 2nd tier guys like Locker/Dalton/Ponder that was going to happen a lot sooner than people thought ... I was thinking Commanders/Vikings/Dolphins in the early-mid teens.
It wouldn't be a huge shocker to me if Tennessee starts it a few picks earlier at 8 instead. There are some teams who desperately need one of the good young QBs in this draft to start gooming immediately, and those guys aren't going to be there for them in the 2nd round. What is Shannahan going to do? Spin his wheels for another year with a washed up McNabb, and fall one year farther back in the rebuilding process? His franchise is held hostage until he gets the QB situations resolved longterm, and until he does that all the great defensive players in the world aren't going to mean squat because you can't win Championships with the flavor of football currently being played in today's NFL without the QB. Getting a year of the development process underway on a young QB probably has more "value" to a franchise than the "value" of where a tier of guys are ranked on a draft board.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Few things that come to mind after seeing his latest. And keep in mind that I am commenting on a list that is speculation even though my comments might indicate otherwise.

Seeing all of those QBs taken so early has to bother New England and a few teams at the bottom of the first round. You know those teams were hoping to get some trade down picks for teams wanting to move up and get some of these guys like Dalton and Ponder.

He has Fairley going to the Lions at 13. Even if you might think Fairley is a bust or not worth a high pick...you have to think that would be an impressive line up if he is in the mix with Suh and what that line could do.

We have heard a good deal of things about what guys the Cowboys like at OT and most recently it seems like it was narrowed between Smith and Castonzo. Looking at gooses board we take smith and the other main OTs go before Castonzo with the exception of Sherrod.

As I noted before...Like him or not...Prince at 25 would be very good value.

Only a couple of interior linemen taken...Pouncey and Watkins. That should push some down to us and if we want we should be able to trade down some in the second if we want and still get a good one.

Seems according to the list that the Giants like Solder better than the other OTs not named smith.

I have heard some rumors on the shows and it seems that it might be correct...The eagles take CB Smith. Kid is a heck of a player.

Well maybe the knee issue is much more serious than we thought. Maybe it was not just smoke screens. Notice that D. Bowers is not listed.

morasp

Reaction score
Fla Cowpoke;3925180 said:
Has us taking Smith at #9. Cam is #1.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...ck-draft-cowboys-settle-on-ot-tyron-smith.ece

I am not a subscriber there so don't have the rest either.

I'm not an NFL scout but the film someone posted of Smith yesterday made Baron look good.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
morasp;3925339 said:
I'm not an NFL scout but the film someone posted of Smith yesterday made Baron look good.

I have the same thought when I see the film. But I haven't seen all the film ... everyone seems to agree that he belongs this high ... so who I am to say from a couple of game films that he's not worth the spot. Personally, I hope they are able to trade down and get someone like Carimi. Again, though, I'm not a scout.

Actually, I think I'd like them to trade down from 9 and then trade up from 40.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Seeing all of those QBs taken so early has to bother New England and a few teams at the bottom of the first round. You know those teams were hoping to get some trade down picks for teams wanting to move up and get some of these guys like Dalton and Ponder.

Not necessarily. Because of the QB runs guys are going to start falling and being taken lower than people anticipated (like Prince and Watt in Goose's mock), and some teams might want want to jump up to the end of the 1st to snatch up some value on some needed positions. Or a team could take advantage of it and just draft a player that fell to them that they hadn't anticipated on being there.

And yeah, Suh and Fairly together would be beastly. Probably the best DT tandem the NFL has seen in quite some time. Probably Sapp/Booger McFarland in Tampa Bay.