Gosselin's final mock - just a few picks so far but interesting

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Unless I'm reading it wrong, Goose doesn't even have Bowers going in the 1st round.

Wow, from #1 pick in the draft to out of the 1st round in 2 months. That knee must be a disaster.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
sadevil;3925288 said:
Based on this mock, I guess there is some trade down opportunity at 9 if someone was desparate for Ponder or Dalton (can't believe I'm saying this).

I still think if we trade down it is Pouncey that we end up with -- Goose's mock suggests that Pouncey is a bit more highly valued than many sources think

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3925727 said:
It could be health concerns with the brain tumor, though.

Exactly.

He isnt hype though, he was a monster as a sophmore. Near the tops in the country in sacks and TFL

slick325

Reaction score
cobra;3925621 said:
Lions pairing Fairley with Suh would be formidable.

That jumped off the screen at me. The Lions front would be scary good with those tackles.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
I would love to see someone make a list to compare Goose's final mock draft against what really happens.

Folks make him out to be a prophet, but I'd love to see how this unfolds this year.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
realtick;3925806 said:
I would love to see someone make a list to compare Goose's final mock draft against what really happens.

Folks make him out to be a prophet, but I'd love to see how this unfolds this year.

Really, mock drafts are like picking brackets for the NCAA tournament. One unforeseen trade and the ripple effect from it can ruin an entire mock. It's a lot of chaos and randomness. Actual NFL people probably couldn't make a wholly accurate mock draft.

I put more value in the Top 100 in judging draft opinions.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
realtick;3925806 said:

Or, you could try to use google and look for yourself.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/mockdraftscoring.shtml

Goose is the most accurate over the last 5 year period.

That doesn't mean he is 100% correct. It just means that he is likely more accurate than you or anyone else you are reading.

If you don't like what he says, that's fine. But sniping at him as if he is way off base is inappropriate given his standing as the most accurate guy out there.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
cobra;3925820 said:
Or, you could try to use google and look for yourself.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/mockdraftscoring.shtml

Goose is the most accurate over the last 5 year period.

That doesn't mean he is 100% correct. It just means that he is likely more accurate than you or anyone else you are reading.

If you don't like what he says, that's fine. But sniping at him as if he is way off base is inappropriate given his standing as the most accurate guy out there.

Thanks for fetching it for me.

Lol, "inapporpriate."

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
realtick;3925827 said:
Thanks for fetching it for me?

Lol, "inapporpriate."

...and I thought I was the only inappropriate poster around here. :laugh2:

Reaction score
AbeBeta;3925678 said:
I still think if we trade down it is Pouncey that we end up with -- Goose's mock suggests that Pouncey is a bit more highly valued than many sources think

I'm very much in favor of the Cowboys addressing the interior OL which has been abysmal,,, I heard that some coaches, Sean Payton included, are beginning to place more emphasis on the interior lineman because of their pass heavy offense and the need to keep the pocket clean, especially when your QB isn't very tall.... like Romo!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Goose normally dominates these draft contests (on average)

But I just do not see the draft unfolding like he predicts this year (based on his sources).

His draft just reeks of desperation.

Should be exciting!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
EGG;3926129 said:
I'm very much in favor of the Cowboys addressing the interior OL which has been abysmal,,, I heard that some coaches, Sean Payton included, are beginning to place more emphasis on the interior lineman because of their pass heavy offense and the need to keep the pocket clean, especially when your QB isn't very tall.... like Romo!

which might suggest that Bigg is going bye bye. He's an awful tall OG -- I always wondered if that impacted Tony's game

AbeBeta

Reaction score
DFWJC;3926152 said:
Goose normally dominates these draft contests (on average)

But I just do not see the draft unfolding like he predicts this year (based on his sources).

His draft just reeks of desperation.

Should be exciting!

one thing that is very different this year is that teams haven't been able to address needs via FA - not that there are really many great QBs out there but you'd expect someone would have snatched Palmer by now ... someone would think they could go a year with Bulger, Collins, or Grossman, etc. Teams who did something like that might wait until round 2 to get a QB -- which is likely what is driving the value on these guys up

DFWJC

Reaction score
AbeBeta;3926196 said:
one thing that is very different this year is that teams haven't been able to address needs via FA - not that there are really many great QBs out there but you'd expect someone would have snatched Palmer by now ... someone would think they could go a year with Bulger, Collins, or Grossman, etc. Teams who did something like that might wait until round 2 to get a QB -- which is likely what is driving the value on these guys up
No doubt AB.
It seems a bit crazy to me, but maybe it's the 'ol desperate times-desperate measures thing.

I would not draft guys a full round or two ahead of value, even under these circumstances.
The draft is pretty deep at second tier QBs though.

ejthedj

Reaction score
13 out of top 22 right?
He's making the first round anti-climatic