Got attacked during my sleep by a ghost

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Last Thursday (exactly a week ago... I was home alone), I was coming out of my room to head out to run some errands. I heard the TV in the other bedroom on loud and clear. I walked up to that bedroom's door to make sure, and sure enough, I could hear the TV inside on and loud. As I opened the door to walk in and turn it off, to my astonishment, the TV was actually off! It was quiet inside that room. I simply ignored it and went on with the errands I had to go make.

2 days later that Saturday morning around 4 a.m., I got awoken to some sudden pain on my left arm. My room was pitch dark since I can't sleep with any lights on. I touched where I felt the sudden pain...and it felt wet. I turned on the light and noticed some deep fresh and bloody scratches on my arm and shoulder. Freaked me out a little because I don't have long nor sharp nails since I'm always cutting my nails. I washed and cleaned it up and didn't tell anyone. 5 days later (last night), here is the proof (healing well but with some bruising). Will have to bless the house with some holy anointed oil. Just wish I could see the that did it so I could kick its ***!!!

20230601-025344.jpg

20230601-025339.jpg

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Last Thursday (exactly a week ago... I was home alone), I was coming out of my room to head out to run some errands. I heard the TV in the other bedroom on loud and clear. I walked up to that bedroom's door to make sure, and sure enough, I could hear the TV inside on and loud. As I opened the door to walk in and turn it off, to my astonishment, the TV was actually off! It was quiet inside that room. I simply ignored it and went on with the errands I had to go make.

2 days later that Saturday morning around 4 a.m., I got awoken to some sudden pain on my left arm. My room was pitch dark since I can't sleep with any lights on. I touched where I felt the sudden pain...and it felt wet. I turned on the light and noticed some deep fresh and bloody scratches on my arm and shoulder. Freaked me out a little because I don't have long nor sharp nails since I'm always cutting my nails. I washed and cleaned it up and didn't tell anyone. 5 days later (last night), here is the proof (healing well but with some bruising). Will have to bless the house with some holy anointed oil. Just wish I could see the that did it so I could kick its ***!!!

20230601-025344.jpg

20230601-025339.jpg

Wow, that is some freaky stuff. And yeah, those are not scratches from a cat. So, I'm not sure what that could be. I think getting the house blessed would be a good idea. I wonder where the Ghostbusters went off to. Hope you are doing ok after that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Looks like you may have taken up sleepwalking.
Funny you mentioned that Runny. I used to sleep walk a lot when I was a kid. That couldn't be the case this time since I wear a cpap hooked-up mask when I sleep. No way could I be sleepwalking unless I've learned how to take off and put back on my cpap mask while I sleep walk. lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wow, that is some freaky stuff. And yeah, those are not scratches from a cat. So, I'm not sure what that could be. I think getting the house blessed would be a good idea. I wonder where the Ghostbusters went off to. Hope you are doing ok after that.
You're right brother. That's exactly my next step. I'm scheduled to speak with my local priest tomorrow.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

20230601-025344.jpg

20230601-025339.jpg
Looks like dog scratches.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if there's a splinter or something caught in your sheets or blanket?
Yes, checked everything. All clear. One thing I'm leaving out, I live right in front and across the street from a several hundreds year old Spanish/Mexican cemetery. I've experienced so many things since I was a child. Would freak out most if I told y'all. Pretty sure this incident ties in with what lies just across the street where I live. Many people don't believe in the paranormal. Ha, they need to come visit me some day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off, I fully expected this thread to be Reverend Conehead's and was surprised to see it was America's Cowboy. And AC, if you are going the religious route, I suggest not use the Rev. I am not even sure he's ordained.

Have you brought any items into your house lately? The reason I ask is there can be spirits attached to items, especially older ones, that can be a problem.

Big_D

Reaction score
Time to move. That's some travel channel type stuff. Give the ghost hunters a ring and see if they can get rid of whatever the heck did that. Plus that's a lot of scratches so any thing capable of that is pretty powerful.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Try smudging with Sage. I've never had an experience quite like yours, but we had weird stuff going on in our house about 11 years ago when we bought it. We built a home in a new housing division on a river where we live. We were the first house built there and we lived in the neighborhood about 6 months before any other houses were built. We knew there had been an old cemetery where we lived because it had been moved up the hill from us after a big flood in 1882 had dislodged many of the coffins. It wasn't a Native American burial ground and there wasn't anything scary about it. We saw no ghosts and heard no noises. What we had was children's hand prints on our windows.

We'd leave the house and go to work only to come home and find tiny handprints on the inside of our master bedroom window. Always the same room, always the same window, and nothing more. We'd wipe them off, go to bead and the windows would still be clean the next morning. But if we left the house together, even for just a few minutes and came back the prints would be back on the window. We have a security system, cameras, and two indoor/outdoor dogs with a dog door. We saw nothing on the cameras and our dogs never acted like a thing was off. We were weirded out but not super uneasy, it was just strange and we lived with it for a few months.

Later while on vacation in New Orleans we stopped at Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo while walking The Quarter. While browsing around my wife mentioned to one of the sales people about our handprints and they suggested smudging with Sage. I'd never heard of it, but they explained the process and I think we paid $7 for a bunch of it. When we returned I tried smudging our home about 3-4 times with zero change and still had handprints. I kind of forgot about it and didn't touch it for a month or so. Finally my wife was telling somebody about our lack of success smudging and they jokingly suggested that my wife try it instead of me since maybe the ghost liked girls better. She tried a few days later while I was gone to work one day. The handprints never appeared again...ever. Not one weird thing has happened since, and I don't even know if what was happening was all that weird, but it was weird to us. I've still got my half burned pile of Sage hanging from a Ziplock in my garage just in case.