Got attacked during my sleep by a ghost

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
ghost-busters-who-you-gonna-call.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
I once dreamed I was lying in a bed sleeping in a basement somewhere and the wall behind the backboard of the bed was like in the movies where the hands are pushing through the wall as if it was made of a thin rubber material. I dreamed that hands were coming through the wall and trying to grab my head. In the dream I was flailing my arms try to block the hands coming through the wall. Then I woke up slapping my wife's arms away as she was trying to shake me because I was making weird groaning noises in my sleep. The weirdest dream I ever had in my life.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
First off, I fully expected this thread to be Reverend Conehead's and was surprised to see it was America's Cowboy. And AC, if you are going the religious route, I suggest not use the Rev. I am not even sure he's ordained.

Have you brought any items into your house lately? The reason I ask is there can be spirits attached to items, especially older ones, that can be a problem.
Ooh! Ooh! I'm ordained! I'm ordained!

Universal Life Church

Only cost me a few bucks.
I got it because, back in the day, ordained priests could write prescriptions in certain counties of Arizona.

Aaaaah... good times.

T-RO

Reaction score
Few questions:

1. Are you committed to the idea that the cause of the scratches are ghosts?
2. You say you wear CPAP for apnea?
3. Do you take prescription sleeping pills?
4. Are you right handed?
5. If it was a ghost...what might be it's motivation to give you some modest scratches?

I recently had multiple nighttime "experiences" with large hairy spiders in my bedroom. This was when I was half awake. Took me a bit of time, thought, and re-creating the scenario, but I figured it out. Cause was non-supernatural, non-scary.

Maybe it's ghosts. Maybe not. Keep an open mind.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Few questions:

1. Are you committed to the idea that the cause of the scratches are ghosts?
2. You say you wear CPAP for apnea?
3. Do you take prescription sleeping pills?
4. Are you right handed?
5. If it was a ghost...what might be it's motivation to give you some modest scratches?

I recently had multiple nighttime "experiences" with large hairy spiders in my bedroom. This was when I was half awake. Took me a bit of time, thought, and re-creating the scenario, but I figured it out. Cause was non-supernatural, non-scary.

Maybe it's ghosts. Maybe not. Keep an open mind.
If my problem was large hairy spiders, I would hope my ghost had some serious pest control experience when alive.

Flamma

Reaction score
Last Thursday (exactly a week ago... I was home alone), I was coming out of my room to head out to run some errands. I heard the TV in the other bedroom on loud and clear. I walked up to that bedroom's door to make sure, and sure enough, I could hear the TV inside on and loud. As I opened the door to walk in and turn it off, to my astonishment, the TV was actually off! It was quiet inside that room. I simply ignored it and went on with the errands I had to go make.

2 days later that Saturday morning around 4 a.m., I got awoken to some sudden pain on my left arm. My room was pitch dark since I can't sleep with any lights on. I touched where I felt the sudden pain...and it felt wet. I turned on the light and noticed some deep fresh and bloody scratches on my arm and shoulder. Freaked me out a little because I don't have long nor sharp nails since I'm always cutting my nails. I washed and cleaned it up and didn't tell anyone. 5 days later (last night), here is the proof (healing well but with some bruising). Will have to bless the house with some holy anointed oil. Just wish I could see the that did it so I could kick its ***!!!

20230601-025344.jpg

20230601-025339.jpg
Looks like you got yourself one of those rare shadows. Good luck.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Looks like you got yourself one of those rare shadows. Good luck.
You're absolutely right.

I could say so much more that has happened to me here in this house (I grew up in this house) since I was a child, but y'all might think I'm crazy and definitely making stuff up.

Flamma

Reaction score
You're absolutely right.

I could say so much more that has happened to me here in this house (I grew up in this house) since I was a child, but y'all might think I'm crazy and definitely making stuff up.
Pretty pointless to make this up. Serves no purpose. I was introduced to this crap early in life. My mid to late teens. Thankfully nothing since then. Do whatever you can do rid yourself of that annoyance. Vacate if need be. They're usually rooted to an area.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Pretty pointless to make this up. Serves no purpose. I was introduced to this crap early in life. My mid to late teens. Thankfully nothing since then. Do whatever you can do rid yourself of that annoyance. Vacate if need be. They're usually rooted to an area.
It's the old Spanish/Tex-Mex cemetery across the street from my house.

When I was 7 years old (1977), my brother and I used to play basketball on our caliche gravel driveway and we had our basketball board and rim screwed up on the light post. Close to the light post was a big old mesquite tree. Had to be several hundred years old. Many times my twin brother and I would see flames surrounding the base of that old mesquite tree. We would tell our grandmother, but she refused to believe us until she saw the flames one day. She called some city workers who had their own backhoe, and they came the next weekend (Saturday) and started cutting down and uprooting that old mesquite tree. When they finally uprooted the tree, buried beneath it was a 6'6" skeleton fully covered in an old Spaniard Conquistador armor with a helmet, shield and long sword. Everyone freaked out. Had to have been buried there since the 1500s. My grandmother donated the Conquistador armor to the county museum, meanwhile that tall Spaniard's skeleton was blessed and buried across the street in the old Spanish cemetery (Solis Cemetery). We never saw any flames in the area where the old tree used to lie. Honest to God truth.

There is so much more I could say which would freak y'all out. I kid you not.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It's the old Spanish/Tex-Mex cemetery across the street from my house.

When I was 7 years old (1977), my brother and I used to play basketball on our caliche gravel driveway and we had our basketball board and rim screwed up on the light post. Close to the light post was a big old mesquite tree. Had to be several hundred years old. Many times my twin brother and I would see flames surrounding the base of that old mesquite tree. We would tell our grandmother, but she refused to believe us until she saw the flames one day. She called some city workers who had their own backhoe, and they came the next weekend (Saturday) and started cutting down and uprooting that old mesquite tree. When they finally uprooted the tree, buried beneath it was a 6'6" skeleton fully covered in an old Spaniard Conquistador armor with a helmet, shield and long sword. Everyone freaked out. Had to have been buried there since the 1500s. My grandmother donated the Conquistador armor to the county museum, meanwhile that tall Spaniard's skeleton was blessed and buried across the street in the old Spanish cemetery (Solis Cemetery). We never saw any flames in the area where the old tree used to lie. Honest to God truth.

There is so much more I could say which would freak y'all out. I kid you not.
What happened to the sword; did you keep it?