Twitter: Grade the Cowboys 2022 Draft

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Over the past 15-20 years we’ve been pretty dam good at drafting in my opinion. Sure you have your bad picks…. Like taco over watt. But we’ve been pretty good at identifying talent. Just look at the oline… half the teams in football can’t find one good lineman. Yet we draft hall of famers

But you can’t deny what will Mcclay and our scouting department has done. I also think the narrative that JJ doesn’t listen is overblown as well. It’s clear he listens to the experts.

Why haven’t we won? My opinion is been coaching.

817Gill

Reaction score
Over the past 15-20 years we’ve been pretty dam good at drafting in my opinion. Sure you have your bad picks…. Like taco over watt. But we’ve been pretty good at identifying talent. Just look at the oline… half the teams in football can’t find one good lineman. Yet we draft hall of famers

But you can’t deny what will Mcclay and our scouting department has done. I also think the narrative that JJ doesn’t listen is overblown as well. It’s clear he listens to the experts.

Why haven’t we won? My opinion is been coaching.
Yup your last line is spot on. Can’t beat equal rosters in the playoffs without high level coaching or HOF QB play.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May be our best draft class since 1975.
Whoa there Rev. I like this class a lot too but I need to see this team win a divisional playoff game before declaring it anywhere close to the “Dirty Dozen” class of ‘75. They won 2 playoff games in ‘75 including a divisional playoff win, an NFC championship and went to a SB with that great class so that’s some tall cotton.

Hopefully the 2022 bunch can take us to similar heights.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Whoa there Rev. I like this class a lot too but I need to see this team win a divisional playoff game before declaring it anywhere close to the “Dirty Dozen” class of ‘75. They won 2 playoff games in ‘75 including a divisional playoff win, an NFC championship and went to a SB with that great class so that’s some tall cotton.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but not about Daron Bland. He's already made history. He was a real find.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Would really love to know Will McClay's total compensation package.

The guy has to be the most sought after exec in the business.

I know he is tight with the Jones' and says Dallas is home for him...im just curious what other competitive Billionaires are willing to throw at the guy to try and lure him away.

joseephuss

Reaction score

The 64 draft produced three Hall of Famers. That is hard to match.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would really love to know Will McClay's total compensation package.

The guy has to be the most sought after exec in the business.

I know he is tight with the Jones' and says Dallas is home for him...im just curious what other competitive Billionaires are willing to throw at the guy to try and lure him away.
Jerry has already made him the highest paid executive who’s not a GM. Obviously Jerry knows he’s the centerpiece of the team’s drafting success.

Without Will McClay, the father-son dual FO leaders will be back to their fantasy football drafts again so I sure hope JJ continues to back up the brinks truck to keep McClay here.