Twitter: Grade the Cowboys 2022 Draft

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
All the same people who are praising this draft now are the same people who were crapping on it 12 months ago so do us all a favor and ****. I was told last year that every one of these players was a bust. Shall I bring up the receipts?

ghst187

Reaction score
Hope the ‘23 class ends up that good 2-3 years from now. Right now…it isn’t looking very good.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
All the same people who are praising this draft now are the same people who were crapping on it 12 months ago so do us all a favor and ****. I was told last year that every one of these players was a bust. Shall I bring up the receipts?
Yeah, I still have not seen a post apologizing for calling Tyler a bust. The negative posters still hang their hats on Taco, Wright and Joseph.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tyler Smith is trending towards a Pro Bowl selection at LG. Tyron is a big time LT finishing up a great career, so let him stay at LT. Smith n Smith could go to the Pro Bowl, so it seems like a good set up.
As of today, PFF has Tyron and Tyler as the #2 LT and #4 G.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Yeah, I still have not seen a post apologizing for calling Tyler a bust. The negative posters still hang their hats on Taco, Wright and Joseph.
Was Barbie before McClay started calling shots? Or is that on Will's watch as well. Hated the pick

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Over the past 15-20 years we’ve been pretty dam good at drafting in my opinion. Sure you have your bad picks…. Like taco over watt. But we’ve been pretty good at identifying talent. Just look at the oline… half the teams in football can’t find one good lineman. Yet we draft hall of famers

But you can’t deny what will Mcclay and our scouting department has done. I also think the narrative that JJ doesn’t listen is overblown as well. It’s clear he listens to the experts.

Why haven’t we won? My opinion is been coaching.
Preach!! 100%

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a good draft and a lot of those guys contributed as rookies so we could see it. Tolbert was a mistake in round. 3 but he more than made up for it in round 5 with Bland. I’m more concerned about the 2023 class.

quickccc

Reaction score
What the heck happened in 2023? Was McClay out of the office that week?

But yes, 2022 looking even better with time. Hope same will happen to '23.
What happened is we still have the 2023 class developing and still contributing playing time to this team.

-Mazi has flaws but he's also had nice plays in spots and occasions.
-Schoon is not a Kittle in pass game but hes' contributed as a solid inline blocking (+and 2 TDs)
-Overshown was a major ACL blow - early he looked impressive before the injury
-Brooks looks like he could be a surprise WR in 2024.

- Minus Brooks, after that its a red shirt year for Fehoko, Deuce, and Scott Jr (who i believe) Richard will
only hit the field again if an injury to OTs.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Four starters, two likely all-pros (Smith, Bland) and two contributors.

And Tolbert is making plenty of plays, just splitting snaps with Gallup is cutting into both players' stats.

conner01

Reaction score
C+

Smith is a good player at guard. But with your first round pick invested in OL you want a first day starter at LT not at guard.
So with our first round pick we missed here badly. Could have drafted a first day starter at guard in the 3rd round.

To be clear here: this is nothing against the player. Just a judgement of the ability to draft by the FO.

Sam Williams showing flashes in his sec year. As does Tolbert. But for a good draft (B) you want at least your 1st and 2nd rounder be starters from day one.

Bland is a great find. Still he is more of a system CB and not a talent like Diggs.
Martin would disagree with you lol
Bland isnt a system CB, he’s just a really instinctive player who has good hands. He may not be as physically talented as Diggs but he’s a really good CB

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What happened is we still have the 2023 class developing and still contributing playing time to this team.

-Mazi has flaws but he's also had nice plays in spots and occasions.
-Schoon is not a Kittle in pass game but hes' contributed as a solid inline blocking (+and 2 TDs)
-Overshown was a major ACL blow - early he looked impressive before the injury
-Brooks looks like he could be a surprise WR in 2024.

- Minus Brooks, after that its a red shirt year for Fehoko, Deuce, and Scott Jr (who i believe) Richard will
only hit the field again if an injury to OTs.
Yes. We knew Mazi would be a work in progress based on the way he was used at Michigan (he said they never even coached him as a pass rusher). Overshown was going to be what Bell currently is and next year we will have both of them.

conner01

Reaction score
C+

Smith is a good player at guard. But with your first round pick invested in OL you want a first day starter at LT not at guard.
So with our first round pick we missed here badly. Could have drafted a first day starter at guard in the 3rd round.

To be clear here: this is nothing against the player. Just a judgement of the ability to draft by the FO.

Sam Williams showing flashes in his sec year. As does Tolbert. But for a good draft (B) you want at least your 1st and 2nd rounder be starters from day one.

Bland is a great find. Still he is more of a system CB and not a talent like Diggs.
We need a dislike button. A C is a bit ridiculous with one guy in the hunt for DPOY and another in the hunt for a legit pro bowl bid