Votes: 33 26.0%
  • F

Votes: 80 63.0%

• Total voters

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Easy F

They cut Cooper solely because of his salary and the whole vaccination status during the season without a replacement
They franchised the wrong player (Schultz instead of Gregory)
They signed the wrong FA WR (Gallup who won't even be ready until October instead of C. Wilson)

Stephen Jones ia an embarrassment but at the end of the day it's Jerry's fault because he has the final say.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They get a D from me. They shouldn't have extended Lawrence, and I would have went to the FA market or Draft for a TE. Didn't care for the returns on Cooper but they already had painted themselves into a hole on that front. Scrambling for cap room, cutting players, and restructuring to - at best - stay the same. Typical offseason, I would say.

We're probably gonna see 2-3 more offseasons worth of discussions about whether Lawrence is worth the cap charge or not, and next year the team will decide that Schultz isn't really worth all that money and move on having burned a franchise tag year on $10M.

Verdict

Reaction score
C but for different reasons than anyone else.

Cooper had to go. Getting any draft picks = A
Gregory. A for him being gone. But an F for offering him that much money.
Armstrong. A for resigning him instead of Gregory. F for paying him as much as they did.
Cutting Collins A
Not re-signing Wilson LAST off season F
Over paying Gallup. Good player but way overpaid. D
Not overpaying average players from other teams A
Schultz’s franchise tag? F. Good player but substantial overpay.
I didn’t want to keep Tank around either but you can’t replace everyone in a year. He’s not horrible value at $10m per year.

That probably averages out in the C range.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
F
They are an embarrassment to football and to the past Cowboys before them. Landry would be sad at this bunch.

HanD

Reaction score
Damn time flew by. It barely felt like 5 days...

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Easy F

They cut Cooper solely because of his salary and the whole vaccination status during the season without a replacement
They franchised the wrong player (Schultz instead of Gregory)
They signed the wrong FA WR (Gallup who won't even be ready until October instead of C. Wilson)

Stephen Jones ia an embarrassment but at the end of the day it's Jerry's fault because he has the final say.

C+/B-

The whole offseason was built around trying to overcome the CAP issues in 2022 (and 2023). They were over $20m in CAP deficit and with only DLaw/Coop as being the way to release any money to spend on:the draft, Kearse, a WR, Edge....so many holes.

I dont agree with all of the moves: Schultz (but he works for Dak), La'el (the best LG and RT on the roster), Armstrong (overpaid maybe by a couple of million, but not terrible, he's young and improved no end under Quinn).....the rest of the moves were necessary (though pretty painful).

As for Coop there is a replacement....didnt we draft CeeDee in the 1st to become WR1?? If he doesnt pan out then NOBODY can complain, there was near 100% support when we drafted him.

With the La'el (June release paying for the draft) we still have $20m to spend.

Historical mismanagement of the CAP had to be addressed. They've tried to do it this offseason and have pretty much achieved it. This is a retool based on an acceptance that the 49er's game was a wake-up call that if we want a SB, that roster wasnt good enough and the band was never coming back with the CAP debt of $20m that we needed to pay this year.

Unpopular - yes, but necessary, at some point someone's got through to the Jones that you can't keep adding contracts without subtracting some.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
I gave it a B as I think they're doing an excellent job of blowing up the team to rebuild it.