Graham Barton vs JPJ

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I don’t see this team taking 2 OL in the 1st 3 picks. I think they would take Barton in round 1 and be happy.
Same here. I think if they get an OT, Hoffman's the center. If they draft a C in Barton, Bass is the LG and Tyler's the LT. With such limited resources and so many needs, we're gonna have to accept the reality that one of or both Bass and Hoffman will be starting this year.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Small and lacks power? Where did you get that info from? Nothing I've seen or read has suggested that

“Graham Barton is an instant upgrade at virtually any spot along most NFL offensive lines. A day-one impact starter with consistent all-pro potential.”

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2023/12/21/graham-barton-scouting-report-nfl-draft-2024
Barton vs Jared Verse

Barton's a finisher, and he can bully around smaller ACC linemen who he just physically overwhelms. Once he gets guys off balance, he just plows through them... and that's a good thing. You want linemen with that mentality.

But when Duke played Florida State, Barton faced Jared Verse and got to pick on someone his own size. Verse is going to be at least an average NFL power rusher, and you see that he has no problems knocking Barton around when he hits him with the juice. Barton beats Verse off the ball and goons him on a run play at 0:29, but for most of those reps, Verse is jolting him with the bull rush and shedding him easily.

Maybe Verse will just end up being a stud, and this tape isn't representative because Verse will just end up knocking around most NFL linemen. I think there's a pretty good chance of that - he's an awesome DE prospect. But that's one of the few times where Barton's power really got tested, and it looked wanting.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Barton vs Jared Verse

Barton's a finisher, and he can bully around smaller ACC linemen who he just physically overwhelms. Once he gets guys off balance, he just plows through them... and that's a good thing. You want linemen with that mentality.

But when Duke played Florida State, Barton faced Jared Verse and got to pick on someone his own size. Verse is going to be at least an average NFL power rusher, and you see that he has no problems knocking Barton around when he hits him with the juice. Barton beats Verse off the ball and goons him on a run play at 0:29, but for most of those reps, Verse is jolting him with the bull rush and shedding him easily.

Maybe Verse will just end up being a stud, and this tape isn't representative because Verse will just end up knocking around most NFL linemen. I think there's a pretty good chance of that - he's an awesome DE prospect. But that's one of the few times where Barton's power really got tested, and it looked wanting.
Verse is a handful. No edge in this class possesses his combination of speed and power. Barton IMO much better as an IOL where he doesn‘t have to deal with the combination of that kind of power and speed.

rambo2

Reaction score
I know a lot of posters on here love JPJ but recently I've seen Graham move up the mock drafts ahead of JPJ. I don't know much of either but just wondering who posters here prefer.
I think the medicals on Jackson Powers-Johnson is a red flag.

1942willys

Reaction score
Verse is a handful. No edge in this class possesses his combination of speed and power. Barton IMO much better as an IOL where he doesn‘t have to deal with the combination of that kind of power and speed.
yeah matching Barton up with a top DE is not reasonable as that is not something he would be doing very often

raven55

Reaction score
why worry about this draft you have a possible top ten in 2025

rambo2

Reaction score
why worry about this draft you have a possible top ten in 2025
It's a good draft class. More excited than worried. Looking forward to our new players on this good Cowboy team.

raven55

Reaction score
are YOU LIVING IN A FANTASY good team good luck on that fantasy. you belong on fantasy island MR> ROUKE

HanD

Reaction score
barton before the senior bowl was in the mid to late 20s range. JPJ got huge stock rise with the senior bowl but going into it barton was always ahead of jpj. he just got overlooked or overshadowed by jpj from the senior bowl. it's settling back down now imo.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Same here. I think if they get an OT, Hoffman's the center. If they draft a C in Barton, Bass is the LG and Tyler's the LT. With such limited resources and so many needs, we're gonna have to accept the reality that one of or both Bass and Hoffman will be starting this year.
Could be Richards at LT and Tyler at LG, too. I think if we draft a C/G, the plan will be figuring out those three positions (LT, LG, C) from LG/LT Tyler, LT Richards, LG Bass, LG/C Barton/JPJ, C Hoffman. Five guys for two spots. In 2022, I also thought Waletzko might be in the running to be Tyron's eventual replacement, because I liked what I saw of him in his brief time there, but I don't know if the shoulders will allow him to compete and I don't know if his regression last preseason was strictly because of having to play right tackle (a tough switch for some LTs).

cnuball21

Reaction score
Barton vs Jared Verse

I think the lack of length showed up there and Verse is arguably Edge1.

I don’t think those issues will be as much as a concern if he kicks inside to C.

1942willys

Reaction score
I think the lack of length showed up there and Verse is arguably Edge1.

I don’t think those issues will be as much as a concern if he kicks inside to C.
yeah, inside is so different; you are playing in a phone booth versus the Great Plains.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Everyone has focused on the OL, and has forgotten how depleted the DL is. And it wasn’t a good line to begin with. For me, if Murphy, Verse or Newton are there, I’m probably going in that direction.
forgetting that DE is a HUGE need IMO to free up Parsons and add another edge player as a threat to continue sack productivity

reddyuta

Reaction score
My preference is JPJ but i am out if there is even a slightest hint of serious or chronic injury,Barton will do just fine.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Barton, the Washington Husky kid, then ALT, are the 3 dudes I have closely rated. We arent going to get any of them unless we trade up or a guy falls. At that point, I want BPA.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Barton is still on the board at 24 I think we have to take him there...I would love a trade back and have him still available. But, most of the teams after 24 would love to have him. Hate to see him land with the 49ers
run the card in at 24 if Barton is there.Hes a top 10 player.