Grammar Corner

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Let's discuss among/between

We misuse these swords all the time.

Among signifies something involving 3 or more people or entities:
The law was ratified among Sens. Doonuffin, McCoughy, Pistogliani and Amoris.

Between signifies something involving 2 people: Between @Melonfeud and @Ranching the quart of cheap gin quickly disappeared.
Or, the contract was between the thimble makers Union and the yardmen.
Be best!
:lmao: yer' among the most HILARIOUS between the forum's flock of front running funny men,GIMME':lmao:

:lmao2:LMAO:lmao2:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Hey, everyone who thinks "lead" is the past tense of "lead" raise your hand....Now slap yourself in the forehead with it. The past tense of "lead" is "led". I'm amazed at how many people I see make that mistake. It wouldn't surprise me if it happened 50% of the time on this forum.
I've a slight problem with attempting to illustrate my intended meaning in using that word such as " Eat lead you dirty rats" ( Cagney style) and in it's compounded form ,such as " The leading edge of the Calvary charge suffered 100% casualties " ,,,mainly I guess ,from my understanding that lead is a heavy metal, debilitating & deadly in it's ingestion of the human body& the use of its word, like how you've pointed out how it's often times utilized in statements such as " She has lead the topless mobile bar sales at the golf course for the third month in a row" as compared to "She's led Mobile bar sales at the golf course since she was hired,due to her apparent BUBBLY personality",,, then that gunsmithing term of leade, which ,I have construed in it's pronunciation to be like " He'd lead the league in inflicting injury upon his opponents if the Coach would only put him in the game"o_O

:lmao:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I've a slight problem with attempting to illustrate my intended meaning in using that word such as " Eat lead you dirty rats" ( Cagney style) and in it's compounded form ,such as " The leading edge of the Calvary charge suffered 100% casualties " ,,,mainly I guess ,from my understanding that lead is a heavy metal, debilitating & deadly in it's ingestion of the human body& the use of its word, like how you've pointed out how it's often times utilized in statements such as " She has lead the topless mobile bar sales at the golf course for the third month in a row" as compared to "She's led Mobile bar sales at the golf course since she was hired,due to her apparent BUBBLY personality",,, then that gunsmithing term of leade, which ,I have construed in it's pronunciation to be like " He'd lead the league in inflicting injury upon his opponents if the Coach would only put him in the game"o_O

:lmao:
This is highly irregular, ruffian!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Let us consider the word "unique."

An adjective, it means distinct, special, one of a kind.

Very often, perhaps in a drunken fit, we say "very unique," "really unique," "most unique."
Errrrr errrrr! WRONG!!!!

Since unique means distinct or one of a kind, no qualifiers or superlatives are needed, rabble!

Wrong: The song is very unique
Right :thumbup:: The song is unique.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Could you ,perchance,

my long-time fondly found fellow, possibly iterate the when/ timely utilization of such ENGLAND home feint verbiage pertaining to : ****,,,?

& maybe that scalping of the " CUMQUAT WORD" of all it's fruitfulness after, as the PEOPLE ,who were content including

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Could you ,perchance,

my long-time fondly found fellow, possibly iterate the when/ timely utilization of such ENGLAND home feint verbiage pertaining to : ****,,,?

& maybe that scalping of the " CUMQUAT WORD" of all it's fruitfulness after, as the PEOPLE ,who were content including
Dear lad, I am afraid I lost the language decoder you sent me. I, as always, am at a loss to know what the phu you mean.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Reckon we can both skip it,theno_O
No!
th

give me another chance, lad!

Melonfeud

Reaction score
No!
th

give me another chance, lad!
*that's beyond HILARIOUS*:laugh:

COPY! though, it probably would be best to wait till GAMEDAY ,,,as it's generally a Stone Cold solid lock gruntled triple platinum guarantee I'll post some kinda' mental vapour lock of mind numbing conundrum,,, er,,,ya,prollyo_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
*that's beyond HILARIOUS*:laugh:

COPY! though, it probably would be best to wait till GAMEDAY ,,,as it's generally a Stone Cold solid lock gruntled triple platinum guarantee I'll post some kinda' mental vapour lock of mind numbing conundrum,,, er,,,ya,prollyo_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

OK

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Myriad.
Blokes, why do you insist on using an article --- the, a, an, etc. --- in front of myriad.
Don't do it!!!

Correct: He faces myriad problems as GM.
Wrong: He faces a myriad of problems as GM.

Don't do it. Honor the English language. Learn it!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let us consider the word "unique."

An adjective, it means distinct, special, one of a kind.

Very often, perhaps in a drunken fit, we say "very unique," "really unique," "most unique."
Errrrr errrrr! WRONG!!!!

Since unique means distinct or one of a kind, no qualifiers or superlatives are needed, rabble!

Wrong: The song is very unique
Right :thumbup:: The song is unique.
I like extremely unique or super unique, raising it's glory above the merely unique.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Myriad.
Blokes, why do you insist on using an article --- the, a, an, etc. --- in front of myriad.
Don't do it!!!

Correct: He faces myriad problems as GM.
Wrong: He faces a myriad of problems as GM.

Don't do it. Honor the English language. Learn it!
Robin of Loxley desired to lay with Maid Myriad.