Graziano - the Cowboys may not end up extending Dak Prescott

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
GM Jerruh has no control in this situation, absolutely none.

1. Dak would love to be cut and go sign a monster deal with another team.
2. Go ahead bench him, that way he gets paid and risks no future injury for his new monster
contract in 2025.

3) If GM Jerruh wants to keep playing games, I would take every snap at camp. Let them cut Rush for Trance and a week before the season starts pull a Zach Martin.
1), 2), and 3) ain't gonna happen.

Jerry isn't going to do Dak the favor of 1) and 2).
3) Dak's not gonna eat his salary for the year, plus fines, *and* ruin his reputation as a great player for management when he's looking for his next contract. He'll take a trade well before that.

Chasing6

Reaction score
1), 2), and 3) ain't gonna happen.

Jerry isn't going to do Dak the favor of 1) and 2).
3) Dak's not gonna eat his salary for the year, plus fines, *and* ruin his reputation as a great player for management when he's looking for his next contract. He'll take a trade well before that.
He does not need to do it for a year. GM Jeruh will cave after 2 games.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He does not need to do it for a year. GM Jeruh will cave after 2 games.
Dak holds out and he puts out even *worse* tape than is already baked into the cake.
And he loses money.

The holdout idea is just a loser.

Jerry probably would *welcome* a holdout by Dak. Dak takes the blame for the Cowboys' bad season, and Jerry gets a lot drama and therefore eyeballs, and he says on paying Dak. What's not to like?

Blitzen

Reaction score
If you can’t see that against good teams the Cowboys defense was defenseless and the Cowboys running game was putrid. I suggest you go read Football 101 for Housewife’s so maybe you can learn that you can’t win in the NFL against the better teams unless you can stop the run and run the ball. It’s basic football Which you apparently don’t, can’t or refuse to understand.

We have been through this. I am not speaking about only the 2023 season. This is a summation of the current QB’s career. Over his career, sometimes the defense did its job in limiting rushing and passing (and points against) to a very acceptable level against high level opponents. At other times, the team ran extremely well. Having both at the same time is something they have struggled to produce.

Teams do not need to do both exceptionally well to win in the playoffs or the SB. And it definitely helps when the team has both. Building a squad like that is difficult and the current roster is not built for that type of team at all. Realistically, a team would need at least 2-3 seasons to overhaul the roster to look like that. And they likely would need a few top 15 picks and major free agent acquisitions. Plus, a team with a monster defense and rushing attack only needs a Trent Dilfer type at QB. Use the money that is being used on the current QB on the major acquisitions, and find a journeyman QB that refuses to turn the ball over and see where it takes you.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have been through this. I am not speaking about only the 2023 season. This is a summation of the current QB’s career. Over his career, sometimes the defense did its job in limiting rushing and passing (and points against) to a very acceptable level against high level opponents. At other times, the team ran extremely well. Having both at the same time is something they have struggled to produce.

Teams do not need to do both exceptionally well to win in the playoffs or the SB. And it definitely helps when the team has both. Building a squad like that is difficult and the current roster is not built for that type of team at all. Realistically, a team would need at least 2-3 seasons to overhaul the roster to look like that. And they likely would need a few top 15 picks and major free agent acquisitions. Plus, a team with a monster defense and rushing attack only needs a Trent Dilfer type at QB. Use the money that is being used on the current QB on the major acquisitions, and find a journeyman QB that refuses to turn the ball over and see where it takes you.
And I’m talking how this team is currently built. You’re going back cherry picking a few games? I get it, you think the MVP runner up sucks. Think about that for a minute.

Blitzen

Reaction score
And I’m talking how this team is currently built. You’re going back cherry picking a few games? I get it, you think the MVP runner up sucks. Think about that for a minute.

Sucks is your term. I am balanced enough to say that he is good enough to beat most tier 3 teams, split versus tier 2 teams, and lose to most tier 1 teams. This is historically his trend (and the trend continued this past season). There’s lots of evidence at this point-no need to cherry pick. It’s his identity.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Sucks is your term. I am balanced enough to say that he is good enough to beat most tier 3 teams, split versus tier 2 teams, and lose to most tier 1 teams. This is historically his trend (and the trend continued this past season). There’s lots of evidence at this point-no need to cherry pick. It’s his identity.
I guess yall finally figured out the Dak vs .500+ teams argument didnt work in yall favor. So now yall are splitting teams in tiers to move the goalposts even farther lol

Hmm... It would be interesting to see where Dak falls when you make that comparision for every qb in the league.

Apparently you already did that comparision, since your implying Dak isnt good because of this "tier" stat.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oh, running for office...try non-cooperation on anything next.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All Dak has to do is stick with the Cowboys and he'll be set for life!!
Who needs to win the Super Bowl when it comes so easily?:thumbup:

Here's hoping a sense of entitlement doesn't last too much longer!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Damn Dak for not getting on defense to help stop the run. WTH is wrong with him!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Would have happened by now.

We need the cap $$$ by next weekend.

#Broke

khiladi

Reaction score
Does Jerry Jones know that? Because at 11:00 PM Central time on March 17 he owes Dak Prescott $5 million, a QB that plays like “Doo-Doo in the playoffs”. Seems to me if Jerry needs to spend $5 million to buy time to decide on what he wants to do about Dak Prescott the “Doo-Doo” performance has escaped his attention.
Yes, the same Jerry Jones thar Dak-lovers like you blame for the franchise sucking. You just suspend all of that when it comes to his “rationality” in regards to Dak being a real QB.

What part of, if Jerry wants to play hard ball, he more than can. Dak can go somewhere else and not have the fortune of a team going “all in” by dumbing down the offense in year 9 this time only for them to get annihalated in a division other than the NFC East..