Graziano - the Cowboys may not end up extending Dak Prescott

Qcard

Reaction score
You're not fooling anyone, Nav22. Give it up. You are so transparent, you think others can't see through you?
It's ok Cooper Rush. Your win rate will make others think what Dak Haters SEE in you? :laugh: :huh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
H-m-m -- Jerry claims Dak might not be extended and Stephen swears it's a sure thing he will.
Isn't there a clash of opinions, here?! :grin: Looks like we're about to learn who has the clout!
I've been wise to what this FO puts out for quite some time, although it'd be a nice change if they chose to differ for a change. Obviously, that's asking a lot, especially when the cap situation is as shaky as it is at present. Being a fan, however, it's difficult to avoid wishful thinking when you want to see something uniquely different, at long last. As the saying goes -- you know when a GM is lying when you see his lips move. So true. At least, Stephen tends to tell it like it is, even if it doesn't always make sense. He's usually about as "tight" as a tick, though, except when it comes to Dak's contract. ;)

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Performing well is not beating up scrub teams with a vastly superior roster, while playing like Doo-Doo in the playoffs against good teams, each year dumbing down the offense further, because any other offense is too complex for him to run….

Cooped Rush was 5-1 with this team, 4-1 without any reps with the starting team in training camp. He’s a practice string QB with a noodle arm.
Does Jerry Jones know that? Because at 11:00 PM Central time on March 17 he owes Dak Prescott $5 million, a QB that plays like “Doo-Doo in the playoffs”. Seems to me if Jerry needs to spend $5 million to buy time to decide on what he wants to do about Dak Prescott the “Doo-Doo” performance has escaped his attention.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The pressure is on GM Jeruh. He is the one running out of time.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
$55 million cap to cover in 2025? That’s a lot. Wouldn’t it be more worthwhile to simply cut him now?
Question for Dak:
Would he prefer to be traded this year or play out his contract this year?

Especially having to take the cap hit with no extension on Dak, Dak is likely looking at both Tyron and Biadasz gone. Numbers this year may take a big hit. He may want to work on that next contract before those numbers come it.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Question for Dak:

Especially having to take the cap hit with no extension on Dak, Dak is likely looking at both Tyron and Biadasz gone. Numbers this year may take a big hit. He may want to work on that next contract before those numbers come it.
I’d guess he’d like the Cowboys to cut him. If he signs a new contract I’d guess he’d like it to be over $55 million AAV. Offering to play out his existing contract is “work on that next contract”. At any rate, since he is in fact under contract with the Cowboys it’s 100% Jerry’s call. Not his.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Question for Dak:

Play out final year. Then go to highest bidder or team of his choosing. If he does not get extended, teams will have a years notice to plan a way to add him, without having to give up any draft picks.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’d guess he’d like the Cowboys to cut him. If he signs a new contract I’d guess he’d like it to be over $55 million AAV. Offering to play out his existing contract is “work on that next contract”. At any rate, since he is in fact under contract with the Cowboys it’s 100% Jerry’s call. Not his.
Dak has a No Trade Clause. Jerry can't trade him unless Dak agrees.

Obviously he'd rather be cut outright, but Jerry isn't gonna give him that and get no compensation for him.

"Play out the contract and take the cap hit this year" is Jerry playing chicken with Dak. That's a recipe for a bad season. Gotta cut some real players to make that happen. Like they're signaling they're going to do with Tyron. Then not resign Biadasz.
After that bad season, the Cowboys are looking forward to a brighter future, while Dak is looking forward to a darker one.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Play out final year. Then go to highest bidder or team of his choosing. If he does not get extended, teams will have a years notice to plan a way to add him, without having to give up any draft picks.
But how eager will they be to add Dak, after he plays a year w/o Tyron and Biadasz?

The oline is getting worse, and much so if we're eating Dak's cap this year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak has a No Trade Clause. Jerry can't trade him unless Dak agrees.

Obviously he'd rather be cut outright, but Jerry isn't gonna give him that and get no compensation for him.

"Play out the contract and take the cap hit this year" is Jerry playing chicken with Dak. That's a recipe for a bad season. Gotta cut some real players to make that happen. Like they're signaling they're going to do with Tyron. Then not resign Biadasz.
After that bad season, the Cowboys are looking forward to a brighter future, while Dak is looking forward to a darker one.
GM Jerruh has no control in this situation, absolutely none.

1. Dak would love to be cut and go sign a monster deal with another team.
2. Go ahead bench him, that way he gets paid and risks no future injury for his new monster
contract in 2025.

If GM Jerruh wants to keep playing games, I would take every snap at camp. Let them cut Rush for Trance and a week before the season starts pull a Zach Martin.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Because the answer is so obvious. You get rid of Dak and you’re going to win 5 or 6 games. You get rid of him, you’re going to win 2-3 games. Now I know you don’t give a damn between winning 2 or 3 games vs 12 or more and have a chance at reaching the SB after fixing the weak D and O lines, LB and RB, but most sane people would believe like I do. Not you.
Wait, you think we can get to a Super Bowl with....Dak?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How are you sure if that? Because if our great running game?
We got CD baby. I’m a Super Bowl or bust fan. There is no difference to me in making the playoffs and losing and not making the playoffs. The goal is to win the Super Bowl and Dak gives us no chance. He’s a lovable loser just like his predecessor.

MikeT22

Reaction score
You think we can get to a SB with no run game and can't stop the run?
No. But even with a run game and running stopping defense we still would have to win 3 straight playoff games with deer in the headlights Dak.