Great/Infamous Quotes by Cowboys

mrmojo

Reaction score
The great Duane Thomas "If it's the ultimate game, how come they're playing it again next year?". In a postgame interview following that Super Bowl, CBS television announcer Tom Brookshier noted Thomas' speed and asked him, rhetorically, "Are you that fast?" Thomas responded, "Evidently".

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
"It's gonna be hard, it's gonna be hard, it's gonna be hard... then they're gonna get tired and you're gonna kick their a**!" -Tony Romo (to Demarco Murray)

This is how it will be on sunday.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
"There's still plenty of tread left on that tire."
--Head coach Bill Parcells on Eddie George, who would rush for 432 yards and never play another season.

"Anybody can have an off-decade"
-- Defensive lineman Larry Cole, who scored his 3rd career TD in 1969, and his 4th in 1980.
:laugh: I remember that game in 1980 against the Skins where Cole scored his 4th TD. That had had to be the slowest run fumble return for a touchdown I have ever seen. It looked like the slo-mo was running. I still can't believe no one caught him. :laugh:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
The great Duane Thomas "If it's the ultimate game, how come they're playing it again next year?". In a postgame interview following that Super Bowl, CBS television announcer Tom Brookshier noted Thomas' speed and asked him, rhetorically, "Are you that fast?" Thomas responded, "Evidently".

Thought Hollywood Henderson said that.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
"Take this damn thing back to Washington with you!"~Harvey Martin

a6e7e53f6c6dd8f513a40adfd470fa75.jpg

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
“Texas Stadium is not domed in, it has a hole in the roof, "so God can look down from his majesty of Heaven and watch his favorite football team play” - D.D. Lewis

"When you want to win a game, you have to teach. When you lose a game, you have to learn.” - Landry

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
"There's still plenty of tread left on that tire."
--Head coach Bill Parcells on Eddie George, who would rush for 432 yards and never play another season.

"Anybody can have an off-decade"
-- Defensive lineman Larry Cole, who scored his 3rd career TD in 1969, and his 4th in 1980.

You get a like for the Larry Cole one, not the parcells one

T-RO

Reaction score
"I made a business decision."

"My claim to fame....That's a lotta damn jelly."

"Every day's a holiday...and every meal a banquet."

Reaction score
Herschel Walker

When asked by Loran Smith if he got tired carrying the ball 47 times, Herschel famously replied, "no sir, the ball ain't heavy."

always chuckle at this response although I believe I heard here that this quote was first made by someone else prior (can't remember who)

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
"Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships" - Tom Landry

"That star means something dog!" - George Teague

"This game represents the triumph of an uncluttered mind" - Blaine Nye

"Big game? They're all big games" - Jimmy Johnson

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
"Asthma my ***. The asthma field is over there."

"They are definitely not papier-mâché!"

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are some timeless/legendary quotes by Cowboys players and personnel? It seems we like to bring up certain quotes, sometimes its forgotten who originally said it. Here are a few that get quoted over and over again around here:

"How bout them Cowboys!" -Jimmy Johnson, 1992

"What do voluntary mean?" -Darren Hambrick, 2001

"there was a lot of meat left on the bone," -Joseph Randle, 2015

"Take your whupping like a man" - Erik Williams (To other teams DLineman)

"Opinions are like arse-'oles, everybody got one" - Emmitt Smith

"Diamond surrounded by poo-poo" - Emmitt Smith

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are some timeless/legendary quotes by Cowboys players and personnel? It seems we like to bring up certain quotes, sometimes its forgotten who originally said it. Here are a few that get quoted over and over again around here:

"How bout them Cowboys!" -Jimmy Johnson, 1992

"What do voluntary mean?" -Darren Hambrick, 2001

"there was a lot of meat left on the bone," -Joseph Randle, 2015

"WOO WOO" - Larry Allen

From Justin Tuck:
"There's only one person that I've ever went against that I was like 'man, this guy is unbeatable,'" Tuck said. "It's a guy named Larry Allen. And I got him when he was 'old' Larry Allen. But this guy was a brick wall. He knew it and he let you know it... "Young Larry Allen would go up to the line of scrimmage and go, 'WOO, WOO,' and he would literally let the D-tackle know that Emmitt Smith and Moose Johnston's going to be running through this hole right here and there's nothing you could do about it. Just imagine you as an NFL D-lineman, knowing what a play is, you telling all your buddies, 'Yeah, they're going to run it right here,' and Emmitt Smith, obviously, it's a reason why he has the most rushing yards in the history of the NFL because he probably got 10, 15, maybe 20 yards on that play when you know the play was coming right there. How does that make you feel going back to the huddle?"