GREAT Job Columbo!!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Woods;1244294 said:
Believe it or not, sitting here in the UK, the announcers focused on Colombo the entire 1st quarter. They showed about 6 plays of his individually, and they couldn't believe how well he was blocking his guy out.

How Cool. That would be an experience (UK announcers) I would like to try.

"What a Hollie Jollie Pass that was from Romo".....:D Just Kidding.

Woods

Reaction score
Cbz40;1244352 said:
How Cool. That would be an experience (UK announcers) I would like to try.

"What a Hollie Jollie Pass that was from Romo".....:D Just Kidding.

The first season over here was kind of strange.

You just don't expect to here an English accent discussing American football.

But to top it off, there is a very active fantasy football league over here as well.

We're taking over :laugh2:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Woods;1244359 said:
The first season over here was kind of strange.

You just don't expect to here an English accent discussing American football.

But to top it off, there is a very active fantasy football league over here as well.

We're taking over :laugh2:

Again How Cool......Keep up the Good Work Sir.

How's the Cowboy Fan Club in the UK?

Woods

Reaction score
Cbz40;1244366 said:
Again How Cool......Keep up the Good Work Sir.

How's the Cowboy Fan Club in the UK?

They don't seem too popular for some reason.

I think part of the problem is that the UK announcer is a huge Steeler fan, and the other guy is a big Bills fan.

So you can only imagine the props they give to the Cowboys.

There seem to be a lot of B. Favre fans here (hence GB supporters).

Aikbach

Reaction score
Woods;1244294 said:
Believe it or not, sitting here in the UK, the announcers focused on Colombo the entire 1st quarter. They showed about 6 plays of his individually, and they couldn't believe how well he was blocking his guy out.
Are the announcers British? Do they take the time to explain the rules of the game to a largely unfamiliar audience?

Haley94

Reaction score
Woods;1244378 said:

I think part of the problem is that the UK announcer is a huge Steeler fan, and the other guy is a big Bills fan.

Yes, Favre is a likable Yank.

Woods

Reaction score
Aikbach;1244386 said:
Are the announcers British? Do they take the time to explain the rules of the game to a largely unfamiliar audience?

They used to take the time to explain the rules.

But believe it or not, I think their core base really knows the players, rules, etc. I've been here for about 11 years, and over the years, the level of understanding has gone up tremendously.

In fact, since M. Anderson broke the scoring record, they are all very proud of being European. :)

(I think the only really negative thing about American football that people compain about is that it's too "slow". By that I mean, commericals, timeouts, reviews, etc. compared to say, rugby or soccer.)

In fact, there are quite a few football teams who play in an amateur league over here as well.

There is a lot of talk that in 2007 a regular season game is going to be played outside of the US. It seems that the regular season game is either going to be played in England, Canada, or Mexico. The feeling these announcers are giving is that there is a very good chance the game will be played in England.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Woods;1244378 said:

Dallas is the Manchester United of American football so that would probably be a good comparison for the announcers to make.

As for the announcers, I grew up overseas and in Borneo, we would get up at 5 AM to watch the Cowboys play in the Super Bowl via satellite, that was the lone game they would broadcast in South East Asia.

Anyhow commercial breaks were hysterical because they wouldn't show American commercials on account of how many beer advertisements there were in a country that practiced prohibition this was a no-no. So instead these very dry and awkward Malaysian speaking broadcasters would come on and discuss the game in a monotone fashion for several minutes to explain this foreign game to any Bruneian or Malaysian of Singaporan who may be up at that hour watching TV with us giddy Yanks.

It was hysterical, you could understand nothing they said except for the occasinal "Troy Aikman" blah blah "Emmitt Smith".

MONT17

Reaction score
that was an attempt to but a cheap shot on Marco... luckily he was Hall before he hit him!!! I think D HAll request to have TO suspened and his overall crying will fall on deaf ears in the Boys locker room!!!

Its obvious to me that D.Hall was out of control from the kickoff and this run at Columbo should be sent into the league by someone!!!

Aikbach

Reaction score
MONT17;1244479 said:
that was an attempt to but a cheap shot on Marco... luckily he was Hall before he hit him!!! I think D HAll request to have TO suspened and his overall crying will fall on deaf ears in the Boys locker room!!!

Its obvious to me that D.Hall was out of control from the kickoff and this run at Columbo should be sent into the league by someone!!!
I think if the falcons make the playoffs and somehow travel to dallas either as a wilcard or divisional that Cowboy players will be calling dibs to nail him.

MONT17

Reaction score
after watching it again... he is going for M.Columbos head!

this is a OBVIOUS ATTEMPT AT A CHEAP SHOT and vicious head hunting blind side hit....

I can see how he could mistake Columbo for T.O.!

2 wrongs dont make a right... Hall is a punk!

burmafrd

Reaction score
And some people still talk about Columbo being a "limited" player.

MONT17

Reaction score
was D Hall trying to take out our best OLman? from the direction he was running from it sure looks like it he lauches himself towards Columbos head right around the time Coleman the guy on the tackle is getting up... someone has to send this to the league... I cant see the Boys sitting on this!

Rudy T almost died from a hit like that! I get more pissed everytime I watch it and have lost all respect for HALL and his plea v. TO!!!

D. HAll needs to be dealt with...

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
LeonDixson;1244266 said:
He didn't do too bad in my estimation, but I admit I wasn't focusing on him except for the 1st play he was in. Perhaps the guys who chart all the plays will have a better idea.

Leon, I'm waiting for an extened signature pic of yours including Romo with Parcells. ;)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Even thought it was obvious D Hall was going full speed and attempting to jump over the pile I commend Columbo for looking to protect his fellow teammate. That's a true O Lineman. ;)

jwhardin

Reaction score
Can you tell me where you got the video clip, I would like to send it to a friend

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jwhardin;1244719 said:
Can you tell me where you got the video clip, I would like to send it to a friend

You can right-click on the clip, choose "Save Picture As" to save it to your hard drive, then e-mail it to your friend as an attachment.