Great news everyone!! We are going to win Sunday!

GMen86

Reaction score
lewpac;2386318 said:
I actually believe this guy more than not, for a few reasons.............
First, I'll NEVER buy into this Giant team. Last year or not, I ain't buying it.
Call it sour grapes if you want, but that baloney last year was just the latest example of what we get nowadays with free agency, salary cap, and "parity" being shoved down our throats. Nobody had the Giants on their radar screen to even make the playoffs...................all the way up to AFTER Thanksgiving!! The most dysfunctional and chaotic team in the league, the inmates in NY were calling for Coughlin and Mannings head up until they lucked into the playoffs and one their first game. They were "eating their young" all year with the Tiki Barber book and that goofy, gapped-tooth DE unable to control his mouth.
Secondly, don't underestimate what Dallas did last week against Tampa. That Tampa team is no push-over. In fact, they'll probably make the playoffs. Given all the injuries and drama and soap opera in Dallas, they pulled it off.
This is the year we do the "reversal". 10-2 or 11-1 going into December? Look what that gets us? This year, Dallas grows some nuggets and cops an attitude LATER in the year. It's a textbook set-up for this to happen. Romo comes back, and "us against the world" locker room, etc..............
I believe this is our year.
So when exactly do you buy into a team? The Giants are 10-2 in there last 12 games including a Super Bowl victory over what has been touted as "The best team in the history of the NFL".

Of those 12 games 7 have been played this season when we supposedly lost our two best players, one to retirement and one to injury.

Of couse you guys should win this game....you had how many probowlers..13 I think, and 3 of them are out due to injury. That leaves 10 more. We had 1 probowler who is out with injury. Fortunatly the probowl is a popularity contest or we'd be really screwed.

Anyway, I think this will be a closer game than the spread, it is the NFC East. The cowboys may even pull an upset, but to say you don't buy into this team is ludicrous. Right now they are the best team in the NFC.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2386695 said:
Let me guess... you were 13-3 with your predicitions last year, huh?

i did predict we would go 13-3 before last season..

it's on a past thread here somewhere.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
GMen86;2386727 said:
Of couse you guys should win this game....you had how many probowlers..13 I think, and 3 of them are out due to injury. That leaves 10 more. We had 1 probowler who is out with injury.
I see that Giants fans like to cry just like their players do.

Does that righteous indignation help you cheer harder from your couch?

GMen86

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2386780 said:
I see that Giants fans like to cry just like their players do.

Does that righteous indignation help you cheer harder from your couch?
Who's crying? It was sarcasm aimed at how so many Cowboys fans talk about their probowlers yet have nothing to show for it but a bunch of overpaid "stars". I guess it would make watching the probowl more exciting though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GMen86;2386795 said:
Who's crying? It was sarcasm aimed at how so many Cowboys fans talk about their probowlers yet have nothing to show for it but a bunch of overpaid "stars". I guess it would make watching the probowl more exciting though.
Stop crying. Many Cowboys fans on this Cowboys site are critical of the level of play from its '07 Pro Bowlers. Your 'sarcasm' is misplaced.

GMen86

Reaction score
DallasEast;2386801 said:
Stop crying. Many Cowboys fans on this Cowboys site are critical of the level of play from its '07 Pro Bowlers. Your 'sarcasm' is misplaced.
Glad to hear that, and, though I am new, I have seen that from many posters. But if you look back, the poster to whom I originally replied was not so critical and stated he was not buying into this Giants team.

My only guess as to why anyone wouldn't buy into this team is because we lack 'star' power (although IMHO, Eli is a rising star and I will not be surprised to see a HOF career when all is said and done, but that is besides my point).

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
GMen86;2386795 said:

Nobody brags about our probowlers -- most people realize that probowlers are the result of a winning team.

And that was last year, anyway. This year, your team would surely have more probowlers than our team. So what you said should apply to you guys, right?

The truth is, we have about 10 people out this week, including our starting QB. You guys should kill us this weekend. It shouldn't even be a game. I'm sure you realize this, but it doesn't fit with your "poor underappreciated us" agenda.

Actually, I detect that you know you're in something of a no-win siutation this week. If you win big, so what? You should do that against a team decimated by injury. But if you struggle, what does that mean?

superpunk

Reaction score
GMen86;2386816 said:
Eli is a rising star and I will not be surprised to see a HOF career when all is said and done, but that is besides my point).
Maybe in his next lifetime, bro.

GMen86

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2386818 said:
Nobody brags about our probowlers -- most people realize that probowlers are the result of a winning team.

And that was last year, anyway. This year, your team would surely have more probowlers than our team. So what you said should apply to you guys, right?

The truth is, we have about 10 people out this week, including our starting QB. You guys should kill us this weekend. It shouldn't even be a game. I'm sure you realize this, but it doesn't fit with your "poor underappreciated us" agenda.

Actually, I detect that you know you're in something of a no-win siutation this week. If you win big, so what? You should do that against a team decimated by injury. But if you struggle, what does that mean?
Like I said, my 'probowl' dig if you will, misguided or not was aimed at the poster who stated he did not buy into this Giants team. My best guess as to why one wouldn't is beacause of the Giants lack of 'probowl' talent.

An objective football fan has to see that the Giants are one of the best in the NFL.

I'm not trying to come on here and make waves. If it came off that way it was not intentional.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GMen86;2386816 said:
Glad to hear that, and, though I am new, I have seen that from many posters. But if you look back, the poster to whom I originally replied was not so critical and stated he was not buying into this Giants team.

My only guess as to why anyone wouldn't buy into this team is because we lack 'star' power (although IMHO, Eli is a rising star and I will not be surprised to see a HOF career when all is said and done, but that is besides my point).
How 'many' is 'many posters' after a month and 14 posts?

If the poster isn't buying into the Giants, it's no big deal. There is no fan requisite for doing so. Did you buy into the Cowboys after a 13-3 record? I sincerely doubt it. It goes both ways.

And your team doesn't have star power. It doesn't matter as long as your team produces wins. Instead of directing sarcasm at those who point out that the Eli Manning will never come close to being a commercial endorsement icon like his brother, try accepting the obvious truth instead.

GMen86

Reaction score
superpunk;2386823 said:
Maybe in his next lifetime, bro.
We'll not know for many years. But 1 Super Bowl MVP is a step in the right direction. And this Giants team will be a contender for several more years. So I can only hope right now. We'll see.

GMen86

Reaction score
DallasEast;2386828 said:
How 'many' is 'many posters' after a month and 14 posts?

If the poster isn't buying into the Giants, it's no big deal. There is no fan requisite for doing so. Did you buy into the Cowboys after a 13-3 record? I sincerely doubt it. It goes both ways.

And your team doesn't have star power. It doesn't matter as long as your team produces wins. Instead of directing sarcasm at those who point out that the Eli Manning will never come close to being a commercial endorsement icon like his brother, try accepting the obvious truth instead.
In my short time I have seen some very intelligent, well thought posts and I have seen many homerisms. The same goes on all forums. And I understand 1 poster doesn't represent all posters, or this fanbase. Does that mean I should not respond to his post though?

As for me believing in the Cowboys last year, honestly they scared the hell out of most Giant fans, myself included. And if a defined leader would step up I think they would scare the crap out of me again, injuries and all. Even without a definitive leader they can come together like they did last weekend.

On the flip side though, until someone steps up and helps the team gel, they remain an average team. And Wade is part of that problem IMO.

The Giants don't have the star power but they have very strong leadership and are playing as a team. they also have depth which is a credit to the FO. I doubt we have more probowlers than the Cowboys this year.

I am a Giant fan so it is difficult to show 100% objectivity but I am very reasonible in that area.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2386488 said:
How does saying that fans believe make him blind? Is there something wrong with actually believing you're going to win or that you have a shot to win?

That's no worse than people who just automatically assume that a team will lose because experts or on paper you're told they're going to lose.

Every single year there are multiple examples of this idea that there is 'no way' a team is going to win failing, and failing miserably.

I'm not saying we will win Sunday, I don't have a clue, but I do think we've at least got a shot. I'm not moving on already with 5-4 as a forgone conclusion.

Agreed. We have a good shot. Most people think this will be a close game. If Johnson throws 4 INTs then we will lose just like we would likely do if Romo threw 4 picks.

GMen86;2386727 said:
So when exactly do you buy into a team? The Giants are 10-2 in there last 12 games including a Super Bowl victory over what has been touted as "The best team in the history of the NFL".

Of those 12 games 7 have been played this season when we supposedly lost our two best players, one to retirement and one to injury.

Of couse you guys should win this game....you had how many probowlers..13 I think, and 3 of them are out due to injury. That leaves 10 more. We had 1 probowler who is out with injury. Fortunatly the probowl is a popularity contest or we'd be really screwed.

Anyway, I think this will be a closer game than the spread, it is the NFC East. The cowboys may even pull an upset, but to say you don't buy into this team is ludicrous. Right now they are the best team in the NFC.

Sounds as if you're taking it pretty personal about the pro bowl stuff. Sounds like sour grapes.

I agree your team deserves to be considered one of the best teams in the league. That 4th down throw last week against Pitt was BIG league. I do believe your team makes few mistakes and capitalizes on everyone elses. The mark of a good team.

However, the Giants seem to have fate on their side. Just when a team is about to put you away something favorable happens for you. Like the holding call on the Pitt TD pass last week. I think those things make you look more like a very disciplined team that doesn't have the same talent as some other teams. Personally I like the make no mistakes and beat the other team because they do. Like the Giants.

GMen86;2386824 said:
Like I said, my 'probowl' dig if you will, misguided or not was aimed at the poster who stated he did not buy into this Giants team. My best guess as to why one wouldn't is beacause of the Giants lack of 'probowl' talent.

An objective football fan has to see that the Giants are one of the best in the NFL.

I'm not trying to come on here and make waves. If it came off that way it was not intentional.

Well said. Will you return and congratulate us if we win?

GMen86

Reaction score
jobberone;2386850 said:
Agreed. We have a good shot. Most people think this will be a close game. If Johnson throws 4 INTs then we will lose just like we would likely do if Romo threw 4 picks.

Sounds as if you're taking it pretty personal about the pro bowl stuff. Sounds like sour grapes.

I agree your team deserves to be considered one of the best teams in the league. That 4th down throw last week against Pitt was BIG league. I do believe your team makes few mistakes and capitalizes on everyone elses. The mark of a good team.

However, the Giants seem to have fate on their side. Just when a team is about to put you away something favorable happens for you. Like the holding call on the Pitt TD pass last week. I think those things make you look more like a very disciplined team that doesn't have the same talent as some other teams. Personally I like the make no mistakes and beat the other team because they do. Like the Giants.

Well said. Will you return and congratulate us if we win?
I'll absolutely return.....I'm not some teenager on here spouting stuff off. I'll be around.

Honestly though...I don't care about the probowl. It was nothing more than a 'dig'. I rather not have probowlers, too much risk for injury in a meaningless game. I think I've watched 1 or 2 of them in my life.

I look forward to a good game on Sunday! It will be a well fought game either way.

superpunk

Reaction score
GMen86;2386830 said:
We'll not know for many years. But 1 Super Bowl MVP is a step in the right direction. And this Giants team will be a contender for several more years. So I can only hope right now. We'll see.

No, it's pretty obvious now. Eli is not HOF material. He is a decent QB, prone to periods of being completely horrible. He had a nice little run where he wasn't completely screwing his team over at every turn, but he's returning to his normal state now, and Eli's "dumbface" has shown up more frequently.

Difference makers go in the hall of fame. People who set standards for excellence at their position. Eli sets standards of "averageness."

Reaction score
superpunk;2386865 said:
No, it's pretty obvious now. Eli is not HOF material. He is a decent QB, prone to periods of being completely horrible. He had a nice little run where he wasn't completely screwing his team over at every turn, but he's returning to his normal state now, and Eli's "dumbface" has shown up more frequently.

Difference makers go in the hall of fame. People who set standards for excellence at their position. Eli sets standards of "averageness."

Even though he is average... If Eli wins another one.. He is probably in if he puts up the numbers and plays at least another 6 years..

Primetime42

Reaction score
superpunk;2386865 said:

LONG LIVE THE MANNING FACE!!! :D

http://www.manningface.com/

1194914416_eli.jpg
1196033203_eli.jpg

1195274860_eli.jpg

1195277095_peyton.jpg

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
It's hard to say with Eli as he is still pretty Young. I have a question for Gmen86, you say that Wade is part of the problem, maybe, but did you say that about Coughlin as well before last January?. Most of the NY Fans, Media and Players wanted him gone, they stuck with him, he made some Changes and now he's Bill Parcell's. Why can't that happen here?.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GMen86;2386847 said:
In my short time I have seen some very intelligent, well thought posts and I have seen many homerisms. The same goes on all forums. And I understand 1 poster doesn't represent all posters, or this fanbase. Does that mean I should not respond to his post though?
Certainly. You can start with a response that questions him WHY he thinks that way without the misdirected sarcasm. Just a suggestion.
GMen86;2386847 said:
As for me believing in the Cowboys last year, honestly they scared the hell out of most Giant fans, myself included. And if a defined leader would step up I think they would scare the crap out of me again, injuries and all. Even without a definitive leader they can come together like they did last weekend.
As far as the question I posed to you is concerned, I'll take that as a yes. So, how exactly did believing in the Cowboys work out for you last season?
GMen86;2386847 said:
On the flip side though, until someone steps up and helps the team gel, they remain an average team. And Wade is part of that problem IMO.
"5-3" = average. I always thought that .500 was average.

Must be bad math.
GMen86;2386847 said:
The Giants don't have the star power but they have very strong leadership and are playing as a team. they also have depth which is a credit to the FO. I doubt we have more probowlers than the Cowboys this year.
"The Giants don't have star power..."

Hmm...

So, to follow up that self-admission, what exactly was the purpose of the following reply?
GMen86;2386727 said:

A: Nothing
GMen86;2386847 said:
I am a Giant fan so it is difficult to show 100% objectivity but I am very reasonible in that area.
Reasonable? Perhaps, but if the subject leans towards that of pro bowl players, I'm not convinced, but please understand one thing...

I'm not being sarcastic.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
GMen86;2386858 said:
I'll absolutely return.....I'm not some teenager on here spouting stuff off. I'll be around.

Honestly though...I don't care about the probowl. It was nothing more than a 'dig'. I rather not have probowlers, too much risk for injury in a meaningless game. I think I've watched 1 or 2 of them in my life.

I look forward to a good game on Sunday! It will be a well fought game either way.

Ok. Cya.

superpunk;2386865 said:

I don't see it either but if he wins a couple more SBs with the numbers to go with it then he'll be a candidate most likely. There are more than a few QBs with a SB win under their belt who are far from the HOF. Like Johnson.

AmishCowboy;2386902 said:
It's hard to say with Eli as he is still pretty Young. I have a question for Gmen86, you say that Wade is part of the problem, maybe, but did you say that about Coughlin as well before last January?. Most of the NY Fans, Media and Players wanted him gone, they stuck with him, he made some Changes and now he's Bill Parcell's. Why can't that happen here?.

I'll answer that. Of course it can happen here.