Video: Great take by Colin Cowherd

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You do know there are different parts of Northern Ca. dont you? 200k in SF Bay area, yeah , not so good. 200k in the valley, yeah, pretty good.

4k sq. ft house for 300k 6 years ago, worth 600k today. Same house in SF would be 4 million.
You must be in Sacramento area then. Yea, not as bad. Abt 600,000 is median price in Ca. I have several relatives out there all over Ca. There is some difference depending where. But it’s still very expensive compared to Texas. And why so many are coming here to retire. More bang for their buck. Bring em on. We need the blue wave.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
I guess it depends on how we define “ winner”.

I’d argue that guy with several houses and cars is a winner. Elite talent simply is rewarded much like top in the class is.

Don’t be afraid to ask or demand what the owner will pay and let him or them figure out how to win. That’s not your responsibility. But ES very admirable!

Several cars and houses is cool, but it doesn’t define me. How much you HAVE doesn’t matter to me as much as what you do with it.

My entire point is this...instead of 30 million a year, Dak cuts a deal for say, 19 a year for 8 years. That’s over 150 million dollars! Could a person possibly survive on such an offensive pittance? The millions saved could go to a quality supporting cast, making himself and his team consistent winners for years. Add incentives, endorsements, and various side projects that come with winning. Wealthy AND successful? Yes, please!

Last edited:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I just want designed roll-out & naked boot passes

Both of which were a #4/team strength in '16

Well those work when the defense is caught off guard. Problem is, we are so predictable on offense, defenses have caught onto those plays and tear them apart in the backfield.

zerofill

Reaction score
Colin was right... You saw what an elite QB did to Philly in Brees. You saw what an elite defense did to Brees with the Cowboys. If he wants to keep winning, he will have to suck it up, and take a cheaper contract. There really isn't any other option, unless they have hidden cap somewhere.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
No one’s saying you can’t win with Dak, just that he can’t carry a team. He needs help, and if you give him all the money, you can’t afford a good enough support system to consistently contend. Look how good Aaron Rodgers is—but his team sucks.

Aaron Rodgers never played a game until his 4th year in the league. He was stuck behind Brett Farve. Even in his first few years as a starter he wasn't carrying teams he grew into that role, you see the same thing with Roethlisberger.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Colin was right... You saw what an elite QB did to Philly in Brees. You saw what an elite defense did to Brees with the Cowboys. If he wants to keep winning, he will have to suck it up, and take a cheaper contract. There really isn't any other option, unless they have hidden cap somewhere.

Even Brees and Brady understand that as good as they are, having the cap space to have a better team around them leads to more wins. Plus giving a home town discount to win can be made up in endorsements anyway.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
What a great take.

Dak is no Russell Wilson throwing the ball.

Wilson throws for 72 yards and 1 int vs the Vikings.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
What elite defense did he have in '16?

What elite defense did they have last year– yet still posted a winning record?

What elite receiver was there in '16 and the first half of '17?

Love to see you support your argument with some facts now & again.

People are so angry that he keeps winning....must be so frustrating to them.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That was an easy schedule as it turned out.

And once the league figured out what Dak didn't like to do, he was quickly solved by season's end.

Now, he's working to solve his deficiencies to back these defenses off. I still don't know why Philly insisted on going one-on-on with Cooper yesterday with those scrap heap corners.

LOL.....maybe they underestimated Dak's ability like many fans. You sound pissed off they couldn't stop him.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
If you can win a SB with Nick Foles in your stretch run, you can win one with Dak. He’s just got to smooth out the edges. Drive killing sacks, missing open guys for TDS, putting the ball on the ground... Those things won’t get it done in LA and / or in NO. But Dak has shown he can avoid those things in short stretches. If he can figure out how to put together 4 quarters of not doing them this team can be scary good.

THIS!

uvaballa

Reaction score
I wish all Cowboy QBs gave the team a break. Probably would have and will be more successful. We’ll see what happens.

Reaction score
so JG was the coach in 2014 when we were as good as any team in the league, JG was a coach when Dakwas a rookie, and again, IMO, we were as good as any team in the league, and now, the coaches have us with one of the best defenses in the NFL, and brought in and quickly assimilated Amari, and the team is rolling again.... but I know, the players win in spite of our coaching.

Most on this board sing Zimmer's praises all day..... how are the vikings looking right now?????? If Dallas just got dominated like the Vikes just did, it would all be on JG. Is this Vikes butt whoopin all on Zimmerman?
You need to study Dak's game more.

We should have beaten the Eagles by 3 TD's.