Video: Great take by Colin Cowherd

risco

Reaction score
Can't hate on Colin on his perspective on this one, I think it's true. So, here's hoping doesn't break the bank, and he allows JJ to have cap space left for D Law, Zeke, Amari and others, so we can have a nucleus of good players.
Look at him during the 2016- he was all on Dak's.

ESisback

Reaction score
Better for who?
And depends how much less?

Let’s see ... a few million or some fans. Who aren’t going to take care of my battered body and brain later in life. Just saying..

Give it up Greg! You’re not going to change my mind!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
And I repeat, if Dak is staying the coaches need to be seriously upgraded.
so JG was the coach in 2014 when we were as good as any team in the league, JG was a coach when Dakwas a rookie, and again, IMO, we were as good as any team in the league, and now, the coaches have us with one of the best defenses in the NFL, and brought in and quickly assimilated Amari, and the team is rolling again.... but I know, the players win in spite of our coaching.

Most on this board sing Zimmer's praises all day..... how are the vikings looking right now?????? If Dallas just got dominated like the Vikes just did, it would all be on JG. Is this Vikes butt whoopin all on Zimmerman?

Qcard

Reaction score

Some great points by Colin Cowherd. Talks about Dak's strengths and weakness and really worth a listen.

In context of creating viewership for ratings, Cowherd's take is Great.

But in the context of building a Championship Team, it is quite absurd.

Every QB needs a lot of help!

Cowherd's take assumes that Aaron Rodgers or Goff or Watson don't need a lot of help lmao!! Does Cowherd's take account for talent in the front office and coaching staff?
What kind of Offense would Sean Mcvay be running with Dak and Cowboys talent? Maybe something he learned in 2012 under Mike and Kyle transforming Griffin.

Rodgers is the Most talented QB in the past decade. The Packers haven't draft a WR or RB in 1st Round since Javon Walker. That was Charles Woodsons team.

Every QB needs a lot of help. Great teams acquire a lot of help on every level...GM to Kicker

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Oh, Dak is going to give us a discount. He aint getting a gig like this anywhere else if he gets greedy.
Collin a few weeks ago discussed this.... he was talking about Dak's commercials. He was like.... uh , Dak, leave Dallas and go play for the Bengals and see if you get all those commercials. Dak better give us a very nice discount.

kskboys

Reaction score
Better for who?
And depends how much less?

Let’s see ... a few million or some fans. Who aren’t going to take care of my battered body and brain later in life. Just saying..
It really does depend on how much less.

For instance, Philly offered Murray a lot more. I prolly would've made the same decision he did.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
The FO will get creative and hash out a deal that works for both. Romo's contract only averaged 17 mill a year I believe. What made that deal look worse than it was is the bonus (guaranteed) money getting pushed back and Romo's injuries. Might be better to pay a little more up front since they have cap this year and next and have an easy out if Dak doesn't pan out.

kskboys

Reaction score
Right. He’s terrible sometimes and great other times.
His terrible times are starting to abate. I think possibly his mechanics are getting more consistently better.

We'd see an entirely different QB if this craptastic staff had played Dak in the preseason as they should have. Sitting your QB is only for vets that don't need a ton of snaps.

kskboys

Reaction score
In context of creating viewership for ratings, Cowherd's take is Great.

But in the context of building a Championship Team it is quite absurd.

Every QB needs a lot of help!

Cowherd's take assumes that Aaron Rodgers or Goff or Watson don't need a lot of help lmao!! Does Cowherd's take account for talent in the front office and coaching staff?
What kind of Offense would Sean Mcvay running with Dak and Cowboys talent? Maybe something he learned 2012 under Mike and Kyle transforming Griffin.

Rodgers is the Most talented QB in the past decade. The Packers haven't draft a WR or RB in 1st Round since Javon Walker. That was Charles Woodsons team.

Every QB needs a lot of help.

Rodgers is not as talented as Luck.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Says you! I’d have PLENTY of fun with a million. I guess I just know how to manage my money better, and/or I don’t need near as much. My family would want for nothing! I’m not greedy.
a million????? My wife and I make 200k and we are hardly rich. a kid n college and another in 2 years sucks money right out of you. A million is not even close to life changing. 60 million??? Thats life changing.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Man did he rip Dak to death.

Good boy but hope he knows that he sucks. :laugh:

I love it!

ESisback

Reaction score
a million????? My wife and I make 200k and we are hardly rich. a kid n college and another in 2 years sucks money right out of you. A million is not even close to life changing. 60 million??? Thats life changing.

Guess I’m just better with my money...I’m not rich either, at least as far having an “impressive” financial portfolio, but I own my own home, two cars, have enough to eat, money in the bank, great family and friends—if I don’t make dumb choices, what else do I need? Besides, you guys are all caught up in one million. My POINT was don’t be greedy. Take less money, so your team can afford a good support system to squeeze under the salary cap. Enjoy life and a career as a winner, and still have good income.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thats not much in North Calif. Here that would be upper middle class. You can’t buy much of a house there for a million. Pitiful. But beautiful country.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
His terrible times are starting to abate. I think possibly his mechanics are getting more consistently better.

We'd see an entirely different QB if this craptastic staff had played Dak in the preseason as they should have. Sitting your QB is only for vets that don't need a ton of snaps.
Unfortunately elite coaching isn’t an asset Jerry is interested in and why elite talent is so critical for us.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thats not much in North Calif. Here that would be upper middle class. You can’t buy much of a house there for a million. Pitiful. But beautiful country.

Yea, a million in No(Bay Area) or So Cal buys ya a year at best, then you are poor again :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Guess I’m just better with my money...I’m not rich either, at least as far having an “impressive” financial portfolio, but I own my own home, two cars, have enough to eat, money in the bank, great family and friends—if I don’t make dumb choices, what else do I need? Besides, you guys are all caught up in one million. My POINT was don’t be greedy. Take less money, so your team can afford a good support system to squeeze under the salary cap. Enjoy life and a career as a winner, and still have good income.
I guess it depends on how we define “ winner”.

I’d argue that guy with several houses and cars is a winner. Elite talent simply is rewarded much like top in the class is.

Don’t be afraid to ask or demand what the owner will pay and let him or them figure out how to win. That’s not your responsibility. But ES very admirable!

Reid1boys

Reaction score

You do know there are different parts of Northern Ca. dont you? 200k in SF Bay area, yeah , not so good. 200k in the valley, yeah, pretty good.

4k sq. ft house for 300k 6 years ago, worth 600k today. Same house in SF would be 4 million.