Video: Great take by Colin Cowherd

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I might be called “weird” or “full of poopy”, but I don’t care! A couple million, and I’m happy. How much does one person need? A couple mill would keep me and mine quite nicely. After that, it’s all about happiness, living in the moment, enjoying your occupation and your existence, having a good time, etc. Playing on a losing team would take a lot of fun out of it. Knowing you have an honorable legacy is something to value, something to be proud of.
You can have all of that and your 1 million.

I’ll take the 100 million and not only take care of my own but the rest of my family too and make a legacy outside of football if necessary. The rest of my life would be more fun.

Big D

Reaction score
Name any active qb that could take the same amount of sacks that our offensive line has given up and do considerably better. This is the reason for our offensive struggles. The OFFENSIVE LINE. JG and Jerra really over estimated what we had then Tyron falls off a cliff, T Fred does down, a few more guys go out and now the line is a shell of what we had in '16 when Dak and Zeke were tearing the league up. It's the reason they figured we'd be ok with an average wr corps and to be honest, if the line had been what we thought we probably would've been ok. Football is the ultimate team game but games are won and lost in the trenches. Fix the o-line and you magically fix Dak and the offense.

It's really stupid to look at the pressure defenses are putting on our qb and act like it's his fault that he can't overcome it better.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of Romo. We’d get behind because of early turnovers and he’d have to bring us back in 4th qtr.

so very true... so many times the Cowboys should have been blowing out an opponent, but Romo and the play calling were both to blame...only to have Romo be amazing in the 4th quarter to bring the Cowboys back (and of course that didn't always happen, especially not in the playoffs).

Romo deserves to be in the Ring, but there were a lot of empty stats in some of those seasons....catastrophes that he caused himself with bad throws and bad decisions (and he overthrew and under threw people too, he wasn't immune).

Dak ain't perfect, but neither was Romo.

Romo's career is over. Dak is in his 3rd season. I have more hope with Dak, but I admittedly gave Romo a hard time, because many times he deserved it....even among all the amazing escape acts in the pocket and the thrilling comebacks in the 4th quarter.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Can't hate on Colin on his perspective on this one, I think it's true. So, here's hoping doesn't break the bank, and he allows JJ to have cap space left for D Law, Zeke, Amari and others, so we can have a nucleus of good players.
Oh, Dak is going to give us a discount. He aint getting a gig like this anywhere else if he gets greedy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Colin makes some good, honest points
But except for a few Qbs, paying 28 mil or more for 5-7 years would harm most teams.

Hard to ask someone to take a little less to help the team on their 1st big contract though.
That’s normally a 3rd contract thing—after the rookie deal and then the 1st big contract.

Btw, that other clip with Skip and Irvin has some truth too.
Patience grasshoppers...patience

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
so very true... so many times the Cowboys should have been blowing out an opponent, but Romo and the play calling were both to blame...only to have Romo be amazing in the 4th quarter to bring the Cowboys back (and of course that didn't always happen, especially not in the playoffs).

Romo deserves to be in the Ring, but there were a lot of empty stats in some of those seasons....catastrophes that he caused himself with bad throws and bad decisions (and he overthrew and under threw people too, he wasn't immune).

Dak ain't perfect, but neither was Romo.

Romo's career is over. Dak is in his 3rd season. I have more hope with Dak, but I admittedly gave Romo a hard time, because many times he deserved it....even among all the amazing escape acts in the pocket and the thrilling comebacks in the 4th quarter.
Dak would be toast behind some of those OL and no running game. We got a taste of it last year.

If we have more success with Dak it will because of the team around him not that he’s a greater QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I noticed that too. He’ll have Dallas in his top ten, praising their D, the running game, Cooper, etc., then a day or two later, do a segment how their team will not be a contender because of one player or another.

Right. Its like a big troll job.

kskboys

Reaction score

I’ll take the 100 million and not only take care of my own but the rest of my family too and make a legacy outside of football if necessary. The rest of my life would be more fun.
Depends on the difference in the amounts. Choosing between 1 mil and 100 mil isn't a fair question, even I would take the 100 mil and be miserable for a few years.

The more likely scenario would be between a contract that pays you 50 mil as opposed to one that pays you 62 mil. I would take the one that would make me happier. There is nothing I'd want to buy that I could get w/ 62 mil that I couldn't get w/ 50 mil.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is pretty much what several on here have been trying to tell you guys. Too many want to polarize and make him out to be great or terrible, when he's neither.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Depends on the difference in the amounts. Choosing between 1 mil and 100 mil isn't a fair question, even I would take the 100 mil and be miserable for a few years.

The more likely scenario would be between a contract that pays you 50 mil as opposed to one that pays you 62 mil. I would take the one that would make me happier. There is nothing I'd want to buy that I could get w/ 62 mil that I couldn't get w/ 50 mil.
Of course but I was responding to ES that said he’d take 1 million. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is pretty much what several on here have been trying to tell you guys. Too many want to polarize and make him out to be great or terrible, when he's neither.
Right. He’s terrible sometimes and great other times.

ESisback

Reaction score

Says you! I’d have PLENTY of fun with a million. I guess I just know how to manage my money better, and/or I don’t need near as much. My family would want for nothing! I’m not greedy.

ESisback

Reaction score

Actually, I said a couple million, but that’s not my point. My point is DON’T BE GREEDY! BE SMART! If you truly care about the game and your fans and teammates, it’s better to take less and win!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually, I said a couple million, but that’s not my point. My point is DON’T BE GREEDY! BE SMART! If you truly care about the game and your fans and teammates, it’s better to take less and win!
Better for who?
And depends how much less?

Let’s see ... a few million or some fans. Who aren’t going to take care of my battered body and brain later in life. Just saying..