Greatest Album of All Time

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Tons of great bands and great records/singles currently. The past few years have had some great releases.

Sorry, everything I have heard recently is cookie cutter, rock by numbers garbage, and that includes Foo Fighters and Nickleback.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Sorry, everything I have heard recently is cookie cutter, rock by numbers garbage, and that includes Foo Fighters and Nickleback.

Well rock is essentially dead. At least for the time being.

Bash & Pop’s Anything Can Happen is one of my favorite records from 2017 and it feels and sounds like Brian jones era stones. It is a great album.

Alvvays-Antisocialites is another fantastic record from last year.

Julien Baker - turn out the lights is another great record.

These records are guitar based and may seem familiar but the rock music you are used to is long gone. This doesn’t mean that all there is left is cubtry music or rap or whatever. There are still a number of great artists and albums.

The national, the war on drugs, Courtney Barnett, Kurt vile, Brian Fallon...etc.

Brian fallon’s New record is excellent also. If you like it you may like his old band the gaslight anthem who were great. They are in the mould of the Replacements ish.

In the Americana world the band of heathens puts out great records and last years was very good.

I could go on and on. There are a ton of great records and artists. If you are looking for van Hale to reborn however you will not find it.

Vomit

Reaction score
The-Doors-Album-Cover-980x980.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well rock is essentially dead. At least for the time being.

Bash & Pop’s Anything Can Happen is one of my favorite records from 2017 and it feels and sounds like Brian jones era stones. It is a great album.

Alvvays-Antisocialites is another fantastic record from last year.

Julien Baker - turn out the lights is another great record.

These records are guitar based and may seem familiar but the rock music you are used to is long gone. This doesn’t mean that all there is left is cubtry music or rap or whatever. There are still a number of great artists and albums.

The national, the war on drugs, Courtney Barnett, Kurt vile, Brian Fallon...etc.

Brian fallon’s New record is excellent also. If you like it you may like his old band the gaslight anthem who were great. They are in the mould of the Replacements ish.

In the Americana world the band of heathens puts out great records and last years was very good.

I could go on and on. There are a ton of great records and artists. If you are looking for van Hale to reborn however you will not find it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you define "rock" as guitar driven, understandable lyrics, doesn't sound like 5 people playing 5 different songs at once, then yeah, for now rock is in a lull. It'll come back eventually.

I think the difference in music now is that you feel it with your body, instead of your soul.

At this moment, I'm trying to define to myself what makes a song or a band great, and when I think hard about how it makes me feel, my conclusion is this: A great song, or a great band makes me feel proud that my species can create something so moving. I think that's about the best way to describe my point of view.

mldardy

Reaction score
My extremely humble opinion, from many, many not-so-humble experiences, once putting this album on, I offer:
Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite.

That sucker... I have more stories than a sailor. I even used to manage a Pinkie's Pagers, way back in the day (if you're an Austinite, you know what I'm speaking) and I would repeat that CD all day and it worked.
Oh boy, did it work.

maxwell-urban-hang-suite2-1024x1024.jpg
Now THIS. boyyyy:clap:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread, but, I am only 38 and I can already see that the time is starting to move faster and faster. It's ridiculous.

Back to topic, wow, what a difficult question. Not only am I a massive fan of music, but my taste at any current time depends on my mood, genre mood, etc.
Absolutely, it is really an impossible task. I can't even pick 8 to take to the other island, obviously a more lenient and varied island than mine.

I cannot actually say I have a favorite one of anything because of that mood element. Mood either dictates what genre I hit to change it or enhance it.

But, I do like playing the game of only one.