Greatest Rock and Roll concert ever?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Ozzy with Metallica as the opening act was another great one. That was the Master of Puppets tour for Metallica, who I had never heard of at that point. They destroyed Ozzy.

Saw the same tour in 1986 at the OKC Fairgrounds arena, Metallic was booed without mercy and deservedly so, they sounded like poop.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Saw the same tour in 1986 at the OKC Fairgrounds arena, Metallic was booed without mercy and deservedly so, they sounded like poop.
Makes me wonder how much the intoxication of the band or myself plays into the interpretation because your show had to have been within a few days. Both are very possible. I wish I could confidently say it wasn't me but I would be lying.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Makes me wonder how much the intoxication of the band or myself plays into the interpretation because your show had to have been within a few days. Both are very possible. I wish I could confidently say it wasn't me but I would be lying.

It was in the spring of 86, pretty certain they fired the sound guy afterwards :laugh:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I've been to hundreds and hundreds of concerts, all types of music and all types of venues and hands down the best show I ever saw was George Clinton and the P-Funk All Stars. It was the One World Music Festival west of Austin, outdoors out in the middle of nowhere, wish I had been there for the whole weekend, James Brown headlined Fri Night and Bunny Wailer on Sat Night, George Clinton on Sunday.

Found a cool little spot on a small hill near the stage, had just the right amount of fungal encouragement and got all kinds of funked up. Pretty good sized stage with different levels, so much going on through the whole show, there were dancers, singers, musicians spread out across all the levels, the lights, dancing, music.....just a sensory overload. The highlight was when the Mothership landed on the stage and Dr. Funkenstein came out of the spaceship...... definitely a WOW moment! They played 3+ hours, no breaks, no stops, just full force funk!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I remember hearing about that. The first concert I ever went to was Ozzy in about '82. The base player was so drunk or stoned that he could barely stand or play. Someone threw a bottle at him on stage and he fell into the drum set and knocked it over. They had to stop the show for a bit to get everything set back up.
It was a weird scene. Bach picked up the bottle, whipped it into the audience, hitting the girl in the eye (I think breaking the orbital bone, but I could be misremembering) then jumped into the audience to fight the guy who originally threw it. All I could see was a mass of people going back and forth like waves, until he climbed back on stage shirtless, professing that he kicked the guy's ***.

When Aerosmith came onstage, a bottle flew by Steven Tyler's head, and he just stopped the music and said, "The next mother****** who throws a bottle on this stage...I'm gonna come down there and **** your old lady right in front of you!" No more bottles were thrown. LMAO

cowboyec

Reaction score

atlanta...july 3,1973.
he brings the house down with a great performance...and a very cool set list that includes help me make it through the night and memphis,tennessee.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've been to hundreds and hundreds of concerts, all types of music and all types of venues and hands down the best show I ever saw was George Clinton and the P-Funk All Stars. It was the One World Music Festival west of Austin, outdoors out in the middle of nowhere, wish I had been there for the whole weekend, James Brown headlined Fri Night and Bunny Wailer on Sat Night, George Clinton on Sunday.

Found a cool little spot on a small hill near the stage, had just the right amount of fungal encouragement and got all kinds of funked up. Pretty good sized stage with different levels, so much going on through the whole show, there were dancers, singers, musicians spread out across all the levels, the lights, dancing, music.....just a sensory overload. The highlight was when the Mothership landed on the stage and Dr. Funkenstein came out of the spaceship...... definitely a WOW moment! They played 3+ hours, no breaks, no stops, just full force funk!
Are you sure the Mothership actually landed...or could that have been just a fungus of your imagination? :muttley:

cowboyec

Reaction score

one of his greatest concerts.
asheville,nc.
incredible set-list...very entertaining show.

cowboyec

Reaction score

his last concert.
indianapolis.
market square arena.
:bow:THE KING:bow: