Green Bay officiating

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He made contact. Now we can argue how hard the contact was, but nevertheless he led with his crown and made contact with Rodgers. That's going to get called more often than not across a league. That's just a dumb play by Mayowa. The last thing one should do in making a tackle is just lead with the top of your helmet. It opens you up to a call like that.

As for the "final ruling" helping us, by that I mean, they granted us the sack thus putting the ball back on the 17 yard line. If they had called the ball an incomplete pass, the Packers would then have had the ball on the 33. So I am perplexed why people are arguing over this whole sack/intentional grounding thing. They granted us the sack (which would have been the same result as a grounding call). We would have been screwed if they had just ruled the pass an incompletion.
Watched it like 20 times(can’t see the ref though) and his helmet didn’t make contact. His face mask makes contact with the top of Rodgers helmet and that can’t be avoided in this dive attempt to get Rodgers down.

They couldn’t possibly rule it incomplete. It was clearly grounding. Grounding is also a loss of downs. I’m not sure how the two(the roughing) and the grounding offset or which one supersedes the other.

Sydla

Reaction score
Watched it like 20 times(can’t see the ref though) and his helmet didn’t make contact. His face mask makes contact with the top of Rodgers helmet and that can’t be avoided in this dive attempt to get Rodgers down.

They couldn’t possibly rule it incomplete. It was clearly grounding. Grounding is also a loss of downs. I’m not sure how the two(the roughing) and the grounding offset or which one supersedes the other.

Ahhh, I see what you are saying.

If they had called grounding and then roughing, it would have been offsetting, setting up 2nd down again. Instead, they granted the sack, but the roughing call made it 1st down.

My bad. I missed that angle.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
there is not a conspiracy against the Cowboys and for Green Bay. That is just not true. Every team for and against have questionable calls. You have had multple people explain the roughing call and you just deny it happened. If you dont accept the logical and reasonable explanations to that play, I doubt any photo, video, or evidence I could produce would change your mind. After last Sunday you think giving Dez the catch would have changed the final result.

22339475_1658462157533799_8066029459011368290_o.jpg
Right. Of course you doubt it. I asked you for one example. I’ll also ask you to tell me the other call that rivaled the Dez catch. Irrefutable is a strong word. That wasn’t satisfied.

The pretend fake substitution that was called one other time since 1984 despite more of what they said Butler did happening frequently. Romo getting speared in the back by Mathews long after the play on a key play directly in front of the ref in that same game. Cobb trapping the ball clearly and it was reviewed and missed twice.

And no. It’s not roughing for just leading with your head. You must make contact.

Just give me one example.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Ahhh, I see what you are saying.

If they had called grounding and then roughing, it would have been offsetting, setting up 2nd down again. Instead, they granted the sack, but the roughing call made it 1st down.

My bad. I missed that angle.

I’ve watched it over and over. It is dumb at this time in the nfl to lead with your head. Fact is, he didn’t make contact with his helmet. Only his mask grazing the top of Rodgers ducking out of the way.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Ok, you are right. The league is in cahoots to let Green Bay win. :rolleyes:
I’ve never said the league. That’s your fanatastic description to discredit my account that the refs have made several very impactful, game changing bad calls that favored one team and none that favored the other. While not desputing any of them because they’re indisputable.

I do feel there’s a bias for players like Erin and an inherent bias against the most popular and most hated team. Despite what some think refs are people too(barely) and they have there own prejudices.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I’ve never said the league. That’s your fanatastic description to discredit my account that the refs have made several very impactful, game changing bad calls that favored one team and none that favored the other. While not desputing any of them because they’re indisputable.

I do feel there’s a bias for players like Erin and an inherent bias against the most popular and most hated team. Despite what some think refs are people too(barely) and they have there own prejudices.

I do not believe there is any bias against or for any team. I do think their are inept officials that blow the whistle for what they think they see instead of what they actually see. Bad refs have been part of the game since long before any of us were born. The things you are refering to are more conincedence. Did the Refs turn their head when AARONs (just so you note the correct spelling) face mask was ripped off in the Cardinal game in the playoffs a few years ago when Rodgers ended up fumbling on the play and the cardinals returned it for the winning TD. Or were the refs Cardinal Fan. Or were they just inept? I vote they were inept? How did the call on the LB hitting DEz in the endzone on Sunday not favor Dallas? They go from 4th down to 1st down at the 1.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I do not believe there is any bias against or for any team. I do think their are inept officials that blow the whistle for what they think they see instead of what they actually see. Bad refs have been part of the game since long before any of us were born. The things you are refering to are more conincedence. Did the Refs turn their head when AARONs (just so you note the correct spelling) face mask was ripped off in the Cardinal game in the playoffs a few years ago when Rodgers ended up fumbling on the play and the cardinals returned it for the winning TD. Or were the refs Cardinal Fan. Or were they just inept? I vote they were inept? How did the call on the LB hitting DEz in the endzone on Sunday not favor Dallas? They go from 4th down to 1st down at the 1.

I spell fine.

Now give the example of the call that went on the Cowboys favor. Big game changing call.

I’d love one that rivals the obscure rare now outdated Butler call, but that doesn’t exist. I’d settle for any.
Judgment calls that happen quickly happen all the time. Sometimes holds are even missed like the tackle on Irving that made Erin’s throw last year possible.
Not rare a endlessly debated controversial calls like the Dez catch or the pretend fake sub play. Those happen hardly ever.

I’ll wait.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I spell fine.

Now give the example of the call that went on the Cowboys favor. Big game changing call.

I’d love one that rivals the obscure rare now outdated Butler call, but that doesn’t exist. I’d settle for any.
Judgment calls that happen quickly happen all the time. Sometimes holds are even missed like the tackle on Irving that made Erin’s throw last year possible.
Not rare a endlessly debated controversial calls like the Dez catch or the pretend fake sub play. Those happen hardly ever.

I’ll wait.

So you are saying the call against the LB on Dez in the endzone was not a big call that went Dallas" way? If 4 pts were taken off wouldnt that have changed the dynamics of the rest of the scoring.

On Dez catch, the play was overturned. The ref called in a catch. You think they got on the phone to New York and decided, Hey we cant let Dallas win. Overturn that sucker. Did the league over the the missed fail Mary call of Seattle against Green Bay that would have given Green Bay the win. No, must have been a different crew in New York that day.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Right. Of course you doubt it. I asked you for one example. I’ll also ask you to tell me the other call that rivaled the Dez catch. Irrefutable is a strong word. That wasn’t satisfied.

The pretend fake substitution that was called one other time since 1984 despite more of what they said Butler did happening frequently. Romo getting speared in the back by Mathews long after the play on a key play directly in front of the ref in that same game. Cobb trapping the ball clearly and it was reviewed and missed twice.

And no. It’s not roughing for just leading with your head. You must make contact.

Just give me one example.

Not evidence for your point, but evidence for obvious tampering.

I submit Super Bowl XL as evidence your honor. I had no dog in that fight, but that game was brutal to watch and WWE worthy. That was when I fully accepted the NFL is entertainment and not sport.

Verdict

Reaction score
The crown of his helmet was leading. That's a no-no. If his head was up, it would not have been called.

And again, why are people so focused on whether the play was stopped or not? In the end, the final ruling helped us.

No it didn't. The play was live. It should have been intentional grounding and loss of down because the play was live.

If they wanted to blow it dead as a sack they could have but didn't do so.

Verdict

Reaction score

It's not roughing the passer if he doesn't hit him. Intent is irrelevant if he doesn't actually spear him or intentionally hit him after the whistle if it is avoidable. That was an absolute bull**** call.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
No it didn't. The play was live. It should have been intentional grounding and loss of down because the play was live.

If they wanted to blow it dead as a sack they could have but didn't do so.
The ref blew the whistle before Aaron threw it. The play was dead at that point. If the guy doesnt hit him, the ball is going to be at the 2 yard line.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So you are saying the call against the LB on Dez in the endzone was not a big call that went Dallas" way? If 4 pts were taken off wouldnt that have changed the dynamics of the rest of the scoring.

On Dez catch, the play was overturned. The ref called in a catch. You think they got on the phone to New York and decided, Hey we cant let Dallas win. Overturn that sucker. Did the league over the the missed fail Mary call of Seattle against Green Bay that would have given Green Bay the win. No, must have been a different crew in New York that day.
I guess you could say 4 points at the beiginning of the game is a big call. Not really though. This play was also hard to judge because of the way Dez landed it appeared he was really hurt. As you heard that idiotic Pereria say “if you have contact with the helmet it must be forceable” I’d say that wasn’t forceable. Refs judged it incorrectly. For the rest of the game the makeshift Green Bay line had no holds called. Which doesnt surprise me. They also came up with the phantom roughing call on a play that wouldn’t completely changed the game. More so than a td over a field goal at the beginning of the game.imo.

Momentum is real and the boost you get from the refs helping is a empowering burst of energy.(See the espn special where Christian lattener explains this feeling). It’s really in sports. You can see Erin glaring at the ref expecting some bs despite nothing happening except a guy diving over him and never hitting him with his helmet at all.

Look Dear,

Your team gets a bunch of bs. Especially, when playing the Cowboys. They haven’t had 1 hold call against them in the last 3 games. Seem odd given their horrible line?

Just embrace it.

Last edited:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I guess you could say 4 points at the beiginning of the game is a big call. Not really though. This play was also hard to judge because of the way Dez landed it appeared he was really hurt. As you heard that idiotic Pereria say “if you have contact with the helmet it must be forceable” I’d say that wasn’t forceable. Refs judged it incorrectly. For the rest of the game the makeshift Green Bay line had no holds called. Which doesnt surprise me. They also came up with the phantom roughing call on a play that wouldn’t completely changed the game. More so than a td over a field goal at the beginning of the game.imo.

Momentum is real and the boost you get from the refs helping is a empowering burst of energy.(See the espn special where Christian lattener explains this feeling). It’s really in sports. You can see Erin glaring at the ref expecting some bs despite nothing happening except a guy diving over him and never hitting him with his helmet at all.

I also think he could have called taunting on Ha Ha for standing in front of Dez waving his arms anyway.

erod

Reaction score

McAuliffe claimed that he blew the play dead for a sack, which negated the grounding. Somehow an ankle being grabbed was supposed to clear to Mayowa that the play was dead.

Still, leading with his helmet, whether he hit him or not, was just stupid.

It was a bad call, but so was the one on Dez in the end zone earlier.

diefree666

Reaction score

Look Dear,

Your team gets a bunch of bs. Especially, when playing the Cowboys. They haven’t had 1 hold call against them in the last 3 games. Seem odd given their horrible line?

Just embrace it.
The lack of holding calls on Green Bay's O line is so clearly bias only GB fans like rob disagree

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The only gif I can see of the play is from btb and it has the ref just off camera. It appears he just completes one arm movement down signifying the play is dead. Mayowa is already in the air.

I’ll settle for beating Green Bay in the playoffs. However, if there is any justice in this god forsaken world of being a Cowboys fan then we will win off of a very bad call.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
This past game had nothing to do with officiating.. It had all to do with once again. And, what has seemed to be the trend in Dallas for years and years is under average defensive playing and crappy coaching. Especially coaching. G.R.O.G.