News: Green to have surgery; out for season

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree but to be fair to green when they called on him he played and helped the running game have two excellent games and win both games. So when he was called on he came through. SO in essence he did exactly what you are saying, help the team be better. He did that.

It stinks he is hurt but he is still a backup.

The issue is that he's not even that. Did he play well in those two games? He sure did. And he had many of us optimistic about his future.

And then he got hurt - again - as he has far too often. Those two good games are sandwiched between two seasons of missed time now.

Can't help the club in the tub. Or the hospital.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet the cowboys cut a young drafted promising running back......decisions of the stupid within this organization conitnues

And they continue to trot Escobar out there to struggle with blocking and do nothing about it.

And they continue to put Dunbar on the field way too much to do nothing.

And they've effectively phased their fullback out of the offense too.

I worry that these decision-makers are screwing up this season right before our eyes.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The issue is that he's not even that. Did he play well in those two games? He sure did. And he had many of us optimistic about his future.

And then he got hurt - again - as he has far too often. Those two good games are sandwiched between two seasons of missed time now.

Can't help the club in the tub. Or the hospital.

well time will tell, murray was banged up a lot early and turned out ok. Doug free was banged up a little bit also throughout his career.

Hopefully he will be healthy next season.

Datruth88

Reaction score
Damn. Look at the bright side. Can't hit on all linemen we draft. Our success rate is high :huh:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
The fact that he's hurt this much just practicing and doesn't even play on Sundays tells you all you need to know about this waste of a pick.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Did you just compare Tony Romo to Chaz Green?

The fact that they didn't even use a pick on him is like the 5th thing wrong with that.

I did....we wasted 100mil & got 2 playoff victories and a **** ton of heart ache!

Those 8-8 seasons & .500 football are worthy of that undrafted status......78-49 career record, not bad for undrafted

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No biggie.......let him get healthy

Overreaction here is through the roof

Kid showed he play LT in this league...........he will be back(pin intended)

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I said 2 days ago that I did not expect green to ever be a regular starter for us because of the injuries, hate to say it looks like I was right.

Looks like we just might end up having to pay Leary a deal so we don't have to spend a high draft pick on an OLnext year. Sign Leary, move Zack to right tackle and put Collins in at Right Guard. Draft a T in mid rounds to groom for swing.
No way am I moving the best Guard in the league to tackle, especially to just avoid drafting a tackle early :facepalm:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No way am I moving the best Guard in the league to tackle, especially to just avoid drafting a tackle early :facepalm:
Do people realize Collins is also injured right now and Leary missed a ton of time to injuries in his career and has explosive knees

All players in the NFL get hurt...there is no vaccine

Carson

Reaction score
Do people realize Collins is also injured right now and Leary missed a ton of time to injuries in his career and has explosive knees

All players in the NFL get hurt...there is no vaccine

Except Eli Manning. He's immune to injury lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree he played well, well enough that 95% of the board thought he would replace Free, but I don't see him staying healthy enough to count on
They might have to keep Free, but they could still make Green the starter if he stays healthy in training camp.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
They might have to keep Free, but they could still make Green the starter if he stays healthy in training camp.

risky move counting on Free and Green next year...really need a legit plan C, whether it be a vet or a high draft pick

Wood

Reaction score
I caught the tail end of the PC, did Garrett just say chaz green is going to have surgery and an outside player will be brought in to take his spot today?

so your telling me Dallas could have kept Jackson.