News: Green to have surgery; out for season

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Looks like Collins will be the one moving back to the roster with this news. I doubt they pick tapper over collins. Be interesting to see.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

culkin-shocked-face.png

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
As I see it, Green will get next year to play/show something. Free is under contract for 1 more year, Green will, again, be the swing - with another mid-level/low level pic used on a RT. If Green cannot hold up next year, then a high draft pick will have to be spent on a RT in the 2018 draft.
But then, with the recent moves/lack of moves - who the hell really knows.
Just when you start to feel really good about this Front Office, stuff like this happens. Green to IR, they did not know this before the Jackson move ? Escobar/Swaim ?
The Jackson thing is very puzzling, not to harp on it but 2 days later it looks like a ****** stupid move .....

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Green has played about 4 games in 2 years..... I don't think he's in line to replace Free. His biggest ability is availability, and Green has none!
He started 2 games at LT this season and nobody noticed which is a great compliment to an OLineman.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
You need to work on your analogies.

being mad a backup is on the sidelines is the silliest thing ever.

IF you guys want to be mad he is hurt fine but being mad a backup is on the sidelines...give me a break.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He started 2 games at LT this season and nobody noticed which is a great compliment to an OLineman.
I agree he played well, well enough that 95% of the board thought he would replace Free, but I don't see him staying healthy enough to count on

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
says the guy who is mad a backup is on the sidelines.

Whats next are you going to be mad at LP Ladoceur for having no career Touchdowns?

You know, now that you mention it..LP Ladoceur is such a free loader. We need more out of our long snapper.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a backup and when called on to play we won two games with him starting.

I don't get why fans hate their own team so much.

Because players who are always hurt and unavailable don't help make the team better.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Because players who are always hurt and unavailable don't help make the team better.

I agree but to be fair to green when they called on him he played and helped the running game have two excellent games and win both games. So when he was called on he came through. SO in essence he did exactly what you are saying, help the team be better. He did that.

It stinks he is hurt but he is still a backup.