Greeny, I want to be paid!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You should look up the Chiefs records before splattering . They had made the playoffs in 2 of the 3 seasons prior to Mahomes starting with 11-5 seasons. They basically were a playoff caliber team just needing a greater QB than Alex Smith.

It’s not like Mahomes resurrected a 1-15 type team.
look up the chiefs past seasons and tell me where what I said is incorrect. i said the team had ONE 12 win season in something like the previous 12 years OR SO.... was I wrong in that statement? And the Chiefs were just another team... solid, but just another team. Absolutely ZERO threat at winning a SB title prior to Mahomes..... just like another 7 or 8 teams were. Just... blah.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And why I asked how old you were. I’m assuming you haven’t seen as many great QB to play.

After 2 SB appearances you’re ready to annoying him the GOAT? Lol

Yes...

Aaron Rodgers and Pat Mahomes are the 2 most talented QBs I’ve ever seen.

Who can replicate what these guys do on the field? They don’t have holes in their game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes...

Aaron Rodgers and Pat Mahomes are the 2 most talented QBs I’ve ever seen.

Who can replicate what these guys do on the field? They don’t have holes in their game.
I’m glad to see you’ve added Rodgers to your current list . I’d agree .

But I’ll need to see a larger body of work from Mahomes before labeling him GOAT.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
look up the chiefs past seasons and tell me where what I said is incorrect. i said the team had ONE 12 win season in something like the previous 12 years OR SO.... was I wrong in that statement? And the Chiefs were just another team... solid, but just another team. Absolutely ZERO threat at winning a SB title prior to Mahomes..... just like another 7 or 8 teams were. Just... blah.
It’s the picture you were attempting to portray. Context matters Reid. That’s all.

And they had a 12-4 season just two years before Mahomes arrived.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m glad to see you’ve added Rodgers to your current list . I’d agree with current.

But I’ll need to see a larger body of work from Mahomes before labeling him GOAT.

Tom Brady is the goat..

We’re discussing talent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Tom Brady is the goat..

We’re discussing talent.
I’m still not committing to such labels this early in his career.

Not up against some of the greats in NFL history. Not yet. I won’t buy into the hype without more evidence sustaining throughout his career.

He’s off to a tremendous start. And if this level continues he could end up there.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Its 1 game and doesn’t change the story of Andy Reid who is FSR and away the best offensive coach in the league and has been for a long time.

Great players and coaches aren’t perfect either.

Tampa built a lead and that should also be factored into The Chiefs not taking the long way down the field.

But yes.. Todd Bowles our coaches Andy Reid.. It happens.
Andy Reid took over Chiefs in 2013 season

2012 Chiefs were 24th ranked offense
Reid Arrives they were 25 followed by 27th, 20th, then 5th... wonder boy Mahomes arrives and notice how reid got great again, they have been 1,6,1. Wow... from an avg of 19.6 ranked offense to 2.6 ranked offense.

Tell me more about how Andy Reid is so great with his plays. Those plays obviously work MUCH better with Mahomes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Not up against some of the greats in NFL history. Not yet. I won’t buy into the hype without more evidence sustaining throughout his career.

He’s off to a tremendous start. And if this level continues he could end up there.

That’s fine.. Talent is a projection anyways and I don’t think we need to know any more about him to see that he’s either the most or 2nd most talented QB to ever play.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Hype? Ill agree with wanting to see him sustain this success, but im not sure how winning 12,14,12 games in three seasons 3 straight AFC title game appearances and 2 straight SB appearances can be considered Hype.

Now Dak?? Ok, now we can discuss some hype.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It’s the picture you were attempting to portray. Context matters Reid. That’s all.
my words were VERY CLEAR. Dont twist them into what you wanted me to be saying. In any event, I have enjoyed the discussion. I especially appreciate the civility from all of you talking about the topic.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Reid Arrives they were 25 followed by 27th, 20th, then 5th... wonder boy Mahomes arrives and notice how reid got great again, they have been 1,6,1. Wow... from an avg of 19.6 ranked offense to 2.6 ranked offense.

Tell me more about how Andy Reid is so great with his plays. Those plays obviously work MUCH better with Mahomes.
Of course they work better with Mahomes. But they were working to a certain extent before. He had taken Chiefs even with Alex Smith to playoffs several times with a couple 11 win seasons one 12.

Patrick benefitted from stepping into a playoff caliber team. Did he take it to the next level. Of course!!

Similar to how Dak benefitted from stepping into a playoff caliber team. Difference was Dak wasn’t great enough to take it to next level.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

You use stats to validate how good Andy Reid is as a Coach? Lol

The guy is unbelievable and you shouldn’t have to quantify it to know that.

His play designs have been unreal ever since he took over the Eagles and he can make just about any QB look NFL caliber.

Save your stats please.. Stats are for dumb fans who don’t know what they are looking at.

They’re for the morons who think Dak was some unreal player the first month of the season cause the numbers told them so.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Of course they work better with Mahomes. But they were working to a certain extent before. He had taken Chiefs even with Alex Smith to playoffs several times with a couple 11 win seasons one 12.

Patrick benefitted from stepping into a playoff caliber team. Did he take it to the next level. Of course!!

Similar to how Dak benefitted from stepping into a playoff caliber team. Difference was Dak wasn’t great enough to take it to next level.

The team around Mahomes has very little to do with his success.

Andy Reid is the main reason for his success and you take his talent and put him with Andy Reid and they will do damage with any roster in football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The team around Mahomes has very little to do with his success.

Andy Reid is the main reason for his success and you take his talent and put him with Andy Reid and they will do damage with any roster in football.
You may think that but isn’t necessarily true.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

and you just stated what my point was. Teams are just teams. Then the QB makes them great teams, legit teams and perennial contenders. The Chiefs were a nice team, but certainly NOTHING that would get Andy Reid any type of credit for being a GREAT coach and some offensive guru. Doing what he did would have eventually gotten him nothing but fired. THEN, the great QB arrives and now that OK coach is now elite?

Nah, i dont buy that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You use stats to validate how good Andy Reid is as a Coach? Lol

The guy is unbelievable and you shouldn’t have to quantify it to know that.

His play designs have been unreal ever since he took over the Eagles and he can make just about any QB look NFL caliber.

Save your stats please.. Stats are for dumb fans who don’t know what they are looking at.

They’re for the morons who think Dak was some unreal player the first month of the season cause the numbers told them so.
see, now you have gone and done exactly what makes this board suck at times. Stats dont lie. Reid coached the Chiefs for 4 years and the offense sucked... why? I thought he is unbelievable? if hes so great, why did the offense sucks for 4 years? Stats tell stories... maybe your just too dumb to be able to read them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
see, now you have gone and done exactly what makes this board suck at times. Stats dont lie. Reid coached the Chiefs for 4 years and the offense sucked... why? I thought he is unbelievable? if hes so great, why did the offense sucks for 4 years? Stats tell stories... maybe your just too dumb to be able to read them.

Stats lie all the time stop it.. Go play fantasy football.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Or maybe Tampa was already good and didn't need to overcome 30 picks and 12 fumbles from the QB position last year like previous.
This , and improved Defense took time to Gel. D.white was phenomenal in playoffs , I hope Micah parsons can be that kind of player for us even partially , that will go a long way to improve the team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and you just stated what my point was. Teams are just teams. Then the QB makes them great teams, legit teams and perennial contenders. The Chiefs were a nice team, but certainly NOTHING that would get Andy Reid any type of credit for being a GREAT coach and some offensive guru. Doing what he did would have eventually gotten him nothing but fired. THEN, the great QB arrives and now that OK coach is now elite?

Nah, i dont buy that.
Yea but you initially weren't crediting the Chiefs as a nice team. Not until I responded they were a playoff caliber team when Mahomes arrived.

kskboys

Reaction score
Funny how people get butt hurt when you say anything about their hero. Might want to think about what's being said before bringing out the crybaby!!!