Greeny, I want to be paid!

kskboys

Reaction score
Welcome to modern day football.. Everyone has roster issues.. Scheme around them.

Most teams elect to scheme around their OL instead of investing like Dallas did but Garrett refused to change anything so he had to have them.

I’m also not saying Mahomes is overrated but if they are backing their coverage off 30 yards downfield maybe you should drop the backyard football for a bit and just get the ball out quick.
My friends and I have said the same thing about Mahomes. He is a great QB, that's fine, but adjust as he should have in that super bowl, he did not.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
My friends and I have said the same thing about Mahomes. He is a great QB, that's fine, but adjust as he should have in that super bowl, he did not.

When the run around, buy time, sand lot it up football didn’t work Andy Reid should’ve stepped in.

All Tampa did was back their coverage off and said you’re not beating us unless you methodically take it down the field.

So they just rushed him, backed their coverage off, and took advantage of him holding the ball for too long trying to make a hero play.

Now his OL is getting blamed but his OL had very little to do with the outcome and it had more to do with how Tampa defended him and their lack of adjustment to it.

kskboys

Reaction score
When the run around, buy time, sand lot it up football didn’t work Andy Reid should’ve stepped in.

All Tampa did was back their coverage off and said you’re not beating us unless you methodically take it down the field.

So they just rushed him, backed their coverage off, and took advantage of him holding the ball for too long trying to make a hero play.

Now his OL is getting blamed but his OL had very little to do with the outcome and it had more to do with how Tampa defended him and their lack of adjustment to it.
Mahomes did not play well in that super bowl. He tends to have bouts of inconsistencies. Something he needs to work on to take his game to the next level.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mahomes did not play well in that super bowl. He tends to have bouts of inconsistencies. Something he needs to work on to take his game to the next level.

I mean.. He just went to back to back Superbowls lol.

He’s the best QB talent I’ve ever seen.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This is what you've been saying for years? That an exceptional QB makes a team better and they win more? You don't say?

It's the other players around the QB that wins championships.

Similarly if you have any halfway decent coach, and he happens to have a hall of fame quarterback, we're not going out on a limb saying he has an advantage.
that isnt exactly it... but ok if that makes you feel better

Reid1boys

Reaction score
the next level;? bahahahahah. The guy just had the three best consecutive seasons in the history of the league. He was one game away from 3 straight SB appearances. he was VERY injured at the end of last year, and you are saying he is inconsistent? he still needs to improve to take his game to the next level? bahahahahahahhahahahahaahh damn

Reid1boys

Reaction score
By the way, his team went from winning 12 games in like 12 seasons prior to him becoming their starter. In his 3 seasons they won 12, 14, 12. So what would the next level look like for him? 15, 16, 14 and a couple more SB wins?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

That’s really difficult for me to grasp . He’s a great sandlot QB, perhaps one of the best.

But I’m not sure we can even say he’s currently the best QB in the league. He’s obviously a special talent .

But to say he’s the best QB you’ve ever seen. Wow. After only a couple SB appearances. I’d be curious what your age is.

Time will tell. If he continues this pace he could become one of the best. But I’ll need to see a much larger body of work.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe they would be in your opinion.

They aren’t like Tampa who were a .500 team with a stout defense and weapons just needing basically an Elite QB.
LOL, the Bucs sucked before Brady came aboard. You make my point. Add an elite QB and any NFL team becomes a contender. Look at KC, they were nothing until Mahomes got there. Rodgers is an elite QB and any team would be lucky to have him.

kskboys

Reaction score

Yes he did. However, that doesn't mean he can't get even better. Judging purely on super bowl appearances doesn't mean anything.

kskboys

Reaction score
the next level;? bahahahahah. The guy just had the three best consecutive seasons in the history of the league. He was one game away from 3 straight SB appearances. he was VERY injured at the end of last year, and you are saying he is inconsistent? he still needs to improve to take his game to the next level? bahahahahahahhahahahahaahh damn
Sad, and I expect more from you.

blueblood70

Reaction score

I disagree he played well under immense pressure on bad foot...hes the best qb in the NFL period..i watched some of those incomplete passes some dropped tds and no qb can make those throws from those angles while in the grasp and get them into a catchable area..he got them in the catch zone..his players didnt make the plays for him

stop making excuses for dak and other qbs by trying to downplay Mahomes greatness. The dude is te best ive seen in my lifetime..

go loo at all the drops after him running for life sometimes both directions across the filed like scrambling for 8-9 secs on bad foot and still getting the ball out while being tackled or pushed pout of bounds..this to boot against the best DL/LB front 7 in football..

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don’t agree.

Every team in the league isn’t just a HOF caliber QB away.
The Bucs hadnt made the playoffs in a long time, and if im not mistaken they were 7-9 in 2019. Brady shows up and POW, they win a SB. And I dont even consider Brady to be in the very top echelon of QBs anymore.

Put Mahomes on The Chargers... Instant SB contender, same with Raiders, Commanders, Giants, Cowboys, and I can probably do this for every team in the league minus a couple.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes he did. However, that doesn't mean he can't get even better. Judging purely on super bowl appearances doesn't mean anything.
how he got to those SBS does!

2019 i watched him bring his team back from a deficit no other qb could have done twice in the same playoffs and again in the Sb..the ay he payed on bad foot, concussion, and still made plays ..just because the plays didnt get made ie weren't made on the other end doesnt change how spectacular it was just to have chance to complete the play..

Reid1boys

Reaction score

wait...... havent I been hearing what a GREAT.... ALL-TIME great Andy Reid is? His offensive schemes are just incredible, and you are saying the bucs just backed off... thats it? Its that simple to stop the best QB Ive seen in my 50 years on this earth, and Andy Reid couldnt figure that out?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s really difficult for me to grasp . He’s a great sandlot QB, perhaps one of the best.

But I’m not sure we can even say he’s currently the best QB in the league. He’s obviously a special talent .

But to say he’s the best QB you’ve ever seen. Wow. After only a couple SB appearances. I’d be curious what your age is.

Time will tell. If he continues this pace he could become one of the best. But I’ll need to see a much larger body of work.

I said bet QB talent I’ve ever seen.

And yes I think he’s the best QB in the league currently.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
By the way, his team went from winning 12 games in like 12 seasons prior to him becoming their starter. In his 3 seasons they won 12, 14, 12. So what would the next level look like for him? 15, 16, 14 and a couple more SB wins?
You should look up the Chiefs records before splattering . They had made the playoffs in 2 of the 3 seasons prior to Mahomes starting with 11-5 seasons. They basically were a playoff caliber team just needing a greater QB than Alex Smith.

It’s not like Mahomes resurrected a 1-15 type team.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Sad, and I expect more from you.
Im not sure what you mean here. My point is that Mahomes is already playing at a level NOBODY else is playing at, so Im not sure what other level he is supposed to go to.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I said bet QB talent I’ve ever seen.

And yes I think he’s the best QB in the league currently.
And why I asked how old you were. I’m assuming you haven’t seen as many great QB to play.

After 2 SB appearances you’re ready to annoint him the GOAT? Lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
wait...... havent I been hearing what a GREAT.... ALL-TIME great Andy Reid is? His offensive schemes are just incredible, and you are saying the bucs just backed off... thats it? Its that simple to stop the best QB Ive seen in my 50 years on this earth, and Andy Reid couldnt figure that out?

Its 1 game and doesn’t change the story of Andy Reid who is FSR and away the best offensive coach in the league and has been for a long time.

Great players and coaches aren’t perfect either.

Tampa built a lead and that should also be factored into The Chiefs not taking the long way down the field.

But yes.. Todd Bowles our coaches Andy Reid.. It happens.