Video: Greg Cosell on Mazi Smith

Mind_Liberator

Andrei Kostitsyn
Reaction score
Greg Cosell on Taco Charlton

11. Cosell is a fan of Taco Charlton, but doesn't know if he's on the Eagles' radar.
"I really like Taco Charlton. He may not be, if you're going to do Wide-9, an exact fit," Cosell said. "I think he can be a very good pass rusher. I think because of his size and length he can move inside as well and become a rusher from the d-tackle position."
Compare that with what he said about Mazi..

BermyStar

Reaction score
they nearly messed up and traded back with KC but declined. Kincaid wasnt their guy and the Sam Laporta thing was false or they would have taken him. Big Mike and Will prevented that mistake.
They can take LaPorta or any other TE they want in the 2nd and I'd be all for it lol. This pick made my night!

kevm3

Reaction score
The most impressive thing ever since Mike got here is that there seems to be a lot more 'football' drafts and not the splash, marketing picks. He seems to be getting to Jerry to trust McClay and the scouts. I just hope they can keep Jerry from wasting our first rounder on some supposed 1st rounder with an injury history or character problems.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
they nearly messed up and traded back with KC but declined. Kincaid wasnt their guy and the Sam Laporta thing was false or they would have taken him. Big Mike and Will prevented that mistake.
What do you mean who did they want

Havic

Reaction score
Not sure I love the Dontari Poe comparison. Mazi is not that big fat guy that Poe was. Poe was 346 coming out of college. I see Mazi as more athletic than Poe.
Poe was good for a bit just always hurt if I remember right. By the time he showed up here dude was done

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Makes me feel better but still worried about scouts claiming he has poor motor.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion. They can talk up a player or they can rip them apart none of it matters, it’s all going to come down to how they play. There were some that were high on Taco and we saw how he turned out. There were some, including most of the fans that hated the Travis Frederick pick and he became a terrific player. We’ll get a good idea this upcoming season if Smith is going to be any good. There’s a big difference between college and the NFL, which is why the draft is such a crapshoot.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Greg Cosell on Taco Charlton

11. Cosell is a fan of Taco Charlton, but doesn't know if he's on the Eagles' radar.
"I really like Taco Charlton. He may not be, if you're going to do Wide-9, an exact fit," Cosell said. "I think he can be a very good pass rusher. I think because of his size and length he can move inside as well and become a rusher from the d-tackle position."
Taco failed because of what is between his ears, not the length and size that Cosell liked.

In this video about Mazi Smith, Cosell specifically said that he doesn’t get to interview the prospects, so he doesn’t know about their mental makeup.

So, the physical talent that Cosell saw with Taco was there. It is just that he didn’t have the right mind to flourish in the NFL.

Cosell is right about Mazi’s talent and abilities as well. The team interviewed him and they know about his personality, work ethic, etc.

All Cosell is talking about is Maxi’s athleticism, size, and movement. And he’s right about all of that too.

rambo2

Reaction score
They debated Laporta, but they made the correct pick, they very well would have lost Smith and Benton if the didn't take their dtackle at 26. They also might still get Laporta at 58.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I’m sure a lot of people sitting on their couch will disagree
Cosell said 'Smith has rare traits, similar to D. Poe that the Chiefs took at 11".......that may be true but then he must take plays off cuz again, TCU tore him up. Maybe he just had a bad game, because he was outstanding against Ohio State the last two years and we know how good their Oline is.