Greg Hardy: 'This has been the most awesome period of my life, I'm a Dallas Cowboy'

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Really, c'mon bud! A lot of "people" say things about peoples wives, not athletes during interviews talking about another players wife and sister. Not athletes after they have been accused of domestic violence, whether innocent or not. This guy is clueless and/or just arrogant and I dislike both.

I never said he should beg for forgiveness or hold his head down. I just want him to shut up and make plays, it's not that hard. It's almost as if he is purposely antagonizing the NFL and media but I think he's too stupid to be doing that, he's just ignorant.

I'm glad very few people can defend his "innocence" by ignoring the circumstances and facts of the case but I don't find his remarks the slightest bit funny or entertaining regardless if he's innocent. He's a liability and he's not the type of person I want representing a team that I've loved and supported (although harshly at times) for decades. JJ needs to pull his head out and stop supporting this nonsense.
My point is if you don't say anything when others do it don't hold athletes to some different standard. I love PTI but Mike Wilbon is always said Brady's wife is good looking but was crapping on Hardy for saying the same thing. I can't take that seriously either be one way on a subject or don't grandstand about it. What you dislike is your choice I just don't agree with it.

You don't have to say he should beg for forgiveness or hold his head down. People like you imply it when you feel he should act in some different way than everybody else when he probably thinks he did nothing. Like all of us you can choose not to watch his interviews and it'll be like he did what you want and he was a robot. Stupid is relative because he's smart enough to know he can make millions playing football. Book smart maybe but who cares? As long as he stays out of trouble now is all I care about. I can't care more than somebody who if he did beat her up took the money to shut up instead of going to testify.

We've been over the case many of times on here and unless you have something groundbreaking and new nobody knows what happened for sure. People just have their views and won't switch on either side so its no use trying to prove to you his "innocence" unless I had concrete proof that he didn't do it which I don't. Since I don't have that I'm just saying I don't know. I would think if he beat her up so badly somebody would have said something by now that they saw pics or something that were gruesome.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Greg Hardy is an idiot. He's not a good guy. I'll never change my opinion of him. Saying that though, I'll root for him Sunday. I hope he takes out all his frustrations on Brady. That's all I care about.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
He was found guilty! Opted for a jury and the charges were dropped. Why were the charges dropped? You truly believe that the "settlement" was just manufactured by the media? So he calls the gf's bluff, thinks he'll be found innocent, judge finds him guilty. He then opts for a jury, because Carolina's law are jacked and he gets a 2nd chance, and all of the sudden his gf has a change of heart and can't be found. How ironic!

Your facts and timeline are incorrect and he was only found guilty in a bench trail. Which means the judge said yes lets take this to trial. A bench trial is not a trial its the same as a grand jury. In other words, a grand jury makes a determination if there's enough cause for a trail, a bench trail the judge does the same.

The man was not found guilty. The case was thrown out of court after he "Hardy" willingly wanted to go to a "real" trial. Holder is a known extortionist if you do some research.

gambit187

Reaction score
Greg Hardy is an idiot. He's not a good guy. I'll never change my opinion of him. Saying that though, I'll root for him Sunday. I hope he takes out all his frustrations on Brady. That's all I care about.

Why is he an idiot and why is he not a good guy.....please let us know God

gambit187

Reaction score
So you telling me certain words have to be stricken from his vocabulary now. Like M. Vick is not allowed to call any of his homeboys his "dogs" . Or when O.J. gets out of jail he is not allowed to say he likes White Chocolate or say that a certain DJ. "Murdered that beat". Is Mike Tyson banned from using the words Ears or Bite in any sort of references....SMH Society these days.....SMH

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Absurd...

If Hardy was coming back from suspension for any other team, everyone here would be tearing the guy apart.

He might be a Cowboy but I'm not going to like him or blindly defend his actions.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crazy that this is a topic. I do think the comments about Brady's wife-sister-friends were not smart, since it's too easy to make the issue about objectifying women for anybody who has an interest in going that route. The guns-blazing comment, there's nothing at all wrong with that. It's a cliche. And there's nothing wrong with him owning guns.

The interview itself, though, if you actually listen to it, was great. He's clearly just diffusing the off-football questions and trying to keep the focus on productivity on the field and on the team itself. Exactly what you'd want him to do. As for appearing apologetic, can we keep in context that he was cleared of misdemeanor charges here. It cost him a season and a quarter and a lot of money. Let the guy get back to his life now. If you want to think, based on your interpretation of what was reported that he's a bad guy forever, that's fine. I'd just like to get back talking about football and not about a vacated decision on a misdemeanor case from when he played on another team.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Absurd...

If Hardy was coming back from suspension for any other team, everyone here would be tearing the guy apart.

He might be a Cowboy but I'm not going to like him or blindly defend his actions.

Perhaps people wouldn't do as much research on the case if he weren't a Cowboy. I know I wouldn't have - I'd assume the same thing everyone else is.
Doing research on the case, there's is certainly plausible deniability. There are reasons not to take Holder's word as 100% true and factual.

gambit187

Reaction score
Just like Charles Haley who was traded to us because he was an odd duck. Worked out pretty well in the 80's[/quo
Crazy that this is a topic. I do think the comments about Brady's wife-sister-friends were not smart, since it's too easy to make the issue about objectifying women for anybody who has an interest in going that route. The guns-blazing comment, there's nothing at all wrong with that. It's a cliche. And there's nothing wrong with him owning guns.

The interview itself, though, if you actually listen to it, was great. He's clearly just diffusing the off-football questions and trying to keep the focus on productivity on the field and on the team itself. Exactly what you'd want him to do. As for appearing apologetic, can we keep in context that he was cleared of misdemeanor charges here. It cost him a season and a quarter and a lot of money. Let the guy get back to his life now. If you want to think, based on your interpretation of what was reported that he's a bad guy forever, that's fine. I'd just like to get back talking about football and not about a vacated decision on a misdemeanor case from when he played on another team.

This deserves a standing slow clap.....

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score

Funny, considering only a few threads down people are still refusing to let Vick move on with his...

It's just hypocritical. We all know true and well that no one here would be going to bat for this guy if he weren't suiting up this Sunday for the Dallas Cowboys.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny, considering only a few threads down people are still refusing to let Vick move on with his...

It's just hypocritical. We all know true and well that no one here would be going to bat for this guy if he weren't suiting up this Sunday for the Dallas Cowboys.

I don't agree with that. If you look honestly at the case, there's a lot of inconsistency in how the charges were represented and a lot of questions about the veracity of the woman in question. It was a really dysfunctional relationship, and they weren't good to each other. It was still a misdemeanor offense that carried with probation, however you look at it. There are plenty of people who would look at the data that's been made publicly available and conclude that maybe Hardy doen't need to be publicly pilloried forever for his involvement that night.

The Vick thing isn't particularly relevant, but I'd agree we ought to let that go and just talk football, too. It's fine to not like a player because of something he did in the past, I just don't want to hear about it every time the guy is asked a football question in a football context.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Absurd...

That's the problem. The guy is scum. I'm not going to blindly defend him. If he was on another team, I would bash that team. Some just want to make excuses so it's easier to root for him. I'll root for him on the field because he's a Cowboy but nothing more.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Your facts and timeline are incorrect and he was only found guilty in a bench trail. Which means the judge said yes lets take this to trial. A bench trial is not a trial its the same as a grand jury. In other words, a grand jury makes a determination if there's enough cause for a trail, a bench trail the judge does the same.

The man was not found guilty. The case was thrown out of court after he "Hardy" willingly wanted to go to a "real" trial. Holder is a known extortionist if you do some research.

You are completely and utterly wrong. A bench trial is a normal trial. There are bench trials everywhere with no jury. The judge listened to witnesses and made a determination of guilt. He was not only found guilty of 2 counts of domestic violence but sentenced to 18 months probation with a 60 day suspended jail sentence. The appeal can be a jury trial, which he chose. At that time she disappeared. Basically surveillance, etc couldn't find her...oh and she had settled a civil suit with him during this time where she got cash. So there is that.

This is why the guy is an idiot. You have that over your head and you can't do a 10 minute interview without sounding the least bit concerned with women and how you look at them and treat them.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
That's the problem. The guy is scum. I'm not going to blindly defend him. If he was on another team, I would bash that team. Some just want to make excuses so it's easier to root for him. I'll root for him on the field because he's a Cowboy but nothing more.

Well said!! And don't be surprised if the guy pulls another stunt sooner than later.