Twitter: Gregory signs one year extension

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Most ridiculous post award goes to.....

How so? Seems like somebody with some sense to me. How has Gregory been anything but a Bust so far for the cowboys? Couldn't we find someone who would produce more for that roster spot than he has?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
But he smoked marijuana regularly.
But that was the law and he broke it.

Just thing how poorly those sentiments have aged already. Now imagine how stupid they will seem further in the future.

Thanks *** holes:) for your blind obedience and lack of common sense for helping make things like that possible.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I want to know what the 6 game suspension is about. The others reinstated didn’t start off with a penalty. It couldn’t be about weed if the rule is retro for everyone else.

aria

Reaction score
35 mil per is Low ball? lmao,you can't be serious.
Oh but I am. They were even talking about it on ESPN this morning...how Jerry blew it by not signing Dak and he opted to pay the cry baby diva who sat out with two years left in his contract instead.

I’m far from a Dak fan boy, I’m mostly neutral on him. He may not be good enough to carry an entire team in his back but he is certainly good enough to get the job done. IIRC, the year they signed zeke, they could have signed Dak for ~30 million (may be wrong on that).

Regardless, if some guys want to let Dak go and pay some journeyman QB to step in for a year or two, that could work but if someone thinks drafting his replacement is that easy than you better go ahead and kiss any near term SB thoughts good bye.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Griffin and Lawrence are traditional 4-3 DEs but Smith and Gregory are good fits as 3-4 OLBs. I could see sets using a 5 man rush with Hill or Crawford in the middle. That could be pretty brutal on an opposing OL.
On passing downs, sure, I can see using that extra pass rusher. I think that's just situational use though.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Lol, he hasn’t even taken a snap in 5? years.

True, but all reports in camp were that he is looking great....might be worth a low $, incentive laden contract....if he would take it.

aria

Reaction score
True, but all reports in camp were that he is looking great....might be worth a low $, incentive laden contract....if he would take it.
Possibly but I’d like to see at least half a seasonal of good consistent play until they start handing out money to unproven training camp stars.

He’s also 30 years old and hasn’t gone through a full season in years, he may be more injury prone now or be a one down situational type player.

Not saying he may not be great but prove at least a little during a real season.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Ganjaboy is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotman

Reaction score
He's 27 years old. Turns 28 near the end of November. Just FYI.

Still pretty young without many miles on the odometer.

joseephuss

Reaction score
But he smoked marijuana regularly.
But that was the law and he broke it.

Just thing how poorly those sentiments have aged already. Now imagine how stupid they will seem further in the future.

Thanks *** holes:) for your blind obedience and lack of common sense for helping make things like that possible.

There are plenty of players who smoke it and don't come close to getting caught or failing a test. The NFL made it relatively easy in the past to get past their tests. I question any player who isn't cautious enough to pass an NFL drug test or repeatedly fail them.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
There are plenty of players who smoke it and don't come close to getting caught or failing a test. The NFL made it relatively easy in the past to get past their tests. I question any player who isn't cautious enough to pass an NFL drug test or repeatedly fail them.
That sounds reasonable and I get what you’re saying, but It too will age almost as poorly as the sinking test for witches. (and the same type of people made them both up)

The question will be “why was there even a test for that”—primitive

Swagger

Reaction score
He's worth the risk. Along with Alson Smith. If one can work out then :yourock:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I have never known a pro football player who wants to play football less than this guy. But he still wants to get paid as a football player. Without Jerruh the great enabler there is no way he is still on a roster.