Recommended Gregory Suspended Indefinitly **merged**

DezNuts

Reaction score
Why are they so uptight about Weed? Doesn't make sense but those be the rules. Goodbye Randy

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
There is a very good article on BTB about what this means for the Cowboys. It ain't pretty.
But it's a good read.

basel90

Reaction score
i guess Jerry has to stop taking chances on such losers and morons. Build thru the draft with fundamentals , no more crap shoots please.

Plus this issue with Gregory would not have been as important if Taco Charlton was not a bust . I didnt' see him having any impact as a 1st round pick .

Scotman

Reaction score
Sad day. I was expecting him to get 10+ sacks this year. I honestly didn't see it coming.

Here's hoping he's saved every penny of the money he has made.

Gaede

Reaction score
That sucks. Our draft pick is way too low to get a good DE

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Do we have evidence that Gregory generally demonstrates an inability to follow rules? If so, I haven't seen it. No reports of missing team meetings, staying out past curfew, maintaining his assignments, etc., so far as I know.

He has an inability to follow this one rule. And it's a rule about weed, a non-performance enhancing substance that has been shown to be addictive in about 9% of users (possibly explaining why he may have this inability to follow the rule). So I kinda think it matters what the rule is. Go ahead and hold him to the rule if you must. But let's not paint the guy as some rule-breaking degenerate.

Save your dissertation for someone else.

I don’t care if anyone smokes or chooses not to smoke. If your goal is to get weed legalized in sports, you could find a better spokesman to hitch your wagon to.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There is a very good article on BTB about what this means for the Cowboys. It ain't pretty.
But it's a good read.

One hopeful and unintentionally hilarious one:
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...itely-david-irving-stephen-jones-dak-prescott
His attorney Daniel Moskowitz certainly sounded hopeful and confident that Gregory can get things together and be reinstated for the 2019 season.

It must be noted that an indefinite ban is not a permanent ban or a season-long ban.

“This is a process,” Moskowitz said.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Go ahead, pop fentanyl. No rules broken there. In fact we have the counter active drug just down the street. Don't break them rules

Lol, you guys are ridiculous. Have you never had a job before?

Work places have all sorts of asinine rules.

If your job had a rule about wearing your uniform every day, and you thought it was a silly rule, there are a number of ways to approach changing that rule.

What you can’t do is show up in a Hawaiian shirt, get suspended, promise your boss and coworkers you’ll go back to wearing the uniform, have them vouch for you to the executives, have your co-workers welcome you back and cheer you on, have them incorporate you back into a leadership position and start making plans around you - THEN SHOW UP IN A DAMN HAWAIAAN SHIRT AGAIN 6 MONTHS LATER!

Get out of here with that garbage.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Wonder how Lee, Heath, and others feel now after sending their letters of endorsement of Gregory, to Goodell.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Until this organization switches from this draft strategy of "pulling a fast one" on the league by drafting these type players that have tumbled down the draft board for various reasons (mostly not good), we'll have to put up with this BS. Sure you're going to hit once in a great while (Smith), but its a strategy that will fail more times than not. Every team is going to take a flyer on these type players once in awhile, but I feel that this is a very prominent plan of action for the Cowboys year after year. They are blinded by the upside these players have by ignoring the major downside that comes with it. I mean in the case of RG, the dude was busted for pot at one of the most significant life changing events in his entire life. Epic Red Flag Jerry!

As a fan, I am tired of it. How many consecutive off seasons has at least one player been suspended from the Cowboys now?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Rock bottom??? It's marijuana. Don't be so dramatic.......he just has low self control.

Not being able to stop drinking sodas is the same thing and probably even harder, for me at least.
He has a severe mental addiction, and whatever other issues he's dealing with. I'm sure the Cowboys have done all they can to help, there's no saving him for the NFL anymore.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Why are they so uptight about Weed? Doesn't make sense but those be the rules. Goodbye Randy
Once we quit blaming employers for enforcing policies and abiding by laws maybe we can move forward.