Recommended Gregory Suspended Indefinitly **merged**

mrmojo

Reaction score
Just a waste, for both men. I've seen substance abuse destroy families and lives too many times. Until a person hits rock bottom they dont seem to want the help they need, hopefully this is their rock bottom.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I thought for sure someone on this thread would say "don't cut him! He's not taking up an active roster spot, we're not paying him, anything we get out of him is gravy" etc., but no one has.
Good.
Now if we can only get the FO to admit this colossal mistake and cut him and move on.
I'm betting he'll still be a part of this organization 6 months from now.
This is just another typical offseason, it couldn't be any other way.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I thought for sure someone on this thread would say "don't cut him! He's not taking up an active roster spot, we're not paying him, anything we get out of him is gravy" etc., but no one has.
Good.
Now if we can only get the FO to admit this colossal mistake and cut him and move on.
Don't cut him! He's not taking up an active roster spot, we're not paying him, anything we get out of him is gravy!

Wait...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Haven’t read all 23 pages, any other news yet? Do know if he failed a test, missed a test? Or did something else that he wasn’t suppose to do as part of his reinstatement?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Good.

People were saying that last year because his suspension was coming to an end and he was still on his rookie deal. Now we don't know if he'll ever be allowed to play again and we've already given him every chance in Dallas. I think this shows us we can't rely on any more headcases. Character is important because it doesn't matter how much talent you have if you can't play.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeah but you may want me to draft you some articles of incorporation, or a trust, or some sort of stock buyout agreement! Lol

Sure.

But we are talking about weed here.

In many places that aren't regressive like Texas, it is legal for recreational use. I don't buy that it isn't addictive but there is really little physical harm associated with using it.

NFL needs to get realistic on weed

Flamma

Reaction score
Sure.

In many places that aren't regressive like Texas, it is legal for recreational use. I don't buy that it isn't addictive but there is really little physical harm associated with using it.

They say it's not an addictive substance, and they may be right. But either are video games and people can be obsessed. How much you like something plays a role. But is it just weed that these guys can't seem to stop?

I agree with your other points. I understand the NFL has an image they want to portray, but their policy on weed is counter productive. They themselves are the one's bringing its use to the forefront. There is no need to test for weed. If a player is arrested or is on video with a bong, then suspend them. But otherwise who cares?

I drive for a living so obviously I get drug tested. But when I was a toll collector or worked in the accounting department at Verizon they never randomly drug tested me. Why they do it for football players is beyond me.

zerofill

Reaction score
They say it's not an addictive substance, and they may be right. But either are video games and people can be obsessed. How much you like something plays a role. But is it just weed that these guys can't seem to stop?

I agree with your other points. I understand the NFL has an image they want to portray, but their policy on weed is counter productive. They themselves are the one's bringing its use to the forefront. There is no need to test for weed. If a player is arrested or is on video with a bong, then suspend them. But otherwise who cares?

I drive for a living so obviously I get drug tested. But when I was a toll collector or worked in the accounting department at Verizon they never randomly drug tested me. Why they do it for football players is beyond me.

Some of these guys would lose all self control and start smoking a 1/4 bag a day. People would start calling the Superbowl the PotBowl, and blah blah... So there is still an image thing they want to keep.
There are people that look for any possible thing to cry about. They spend their whole life just looking for things to be offended by. These people would start saying the NFL condoned illegal drug use, and all that crap.

They have enough problems, where they probably don't want to start new ones right now.

I think it is stupid to test for as well. Since it is far from performance enhancing... but, I am guessing they don't want even more for the media to blab about.

I have also always felt it looked worse suspending people for it constantly, and keeping it in the headlines, versus ignoring it as part of testing. But, they just don't want to deal with the problems of not testing for it, form the media, etc...

Technically, the NFL could just stop testing for it, and just not tell anyone I would think. Not like they answer to people in the same way a publicly traded company does.

Flamma

Reaction score
Technically, the NFL could just stop testing for it, and just not tell anyone I would think. Not like they answer to people in the same way a publicly traded company does.

This is exactly my point. There is no need to test for it. People can say what they want, but it's not their job and what the players do is none of their business. If a player brings it to light by either being arrested or otherwise bringing their drug use to the forefront, then suspend them.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Just a waste, for both men. I've seen substance abuse destroy families and lives too many times. Until a person hits rock bottom they dont seem to want the help they need, hopefully this is their rock bottom.

Rock bottom??? It's marijuana. Don't be so dramatic.......he just has low self control.

Not being able to stop drinking sodas is the same thing and probably even harder, for me at least.

Verdict

Reaction score
Sure.

No objection from me, but the rules are the rules and he can't follow them.

Verdict

Reaction score
Some of these guys would lose all self control and start smoking a 1/4 bag a day. People would start calling the Superbowl the PotBowl, and blah blah... So there is still an image thing they want to keep.
There are people that look for any possible thing to cry about. They spend their whole life just looking for things to be offended by. These people would start saying the NFL condoned illegal drug use, and all that crap.

They have enough problems, where they probably don't want to start new ones right now.

I think it is stupid to test for as well. Since it is far from performance enhancing... but, I am guessing they don't want even more for the media to blab about.

I have also always felt it looked worse suspending people for it constantly, and keeping it in the headlines, versus ignoring it as part of testing. But, they just don't want to deal with the problems of not testing for it, form the media, etc...

Yes. The NFL should stop testing for weed and never say anything about it. It's no ones business. The NFL has made some serious tactical mistakes which is hurting it significantly.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ok, you go figure out Foles. Leave Gregory to us. Move along. Nothing to see here

There's a brightside to every scenario. Law of balance. You got your infamous annual Cowboys suspension out of the way before FA this year! So you're good. Unless you guys are planning to start doing multiple guys a year now.

You aren't, are you? You would tell me if that's the new PR strategy right?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is exactly my point. There is no need to test for it. People can say what they want, but it's not their job and what the players do is none of their business. If a player brings it to light by either being arrested or otherwise bringing their drug use to the forefront, then suspend them.

I don’t disagree, but the NFL is far from the only business that does drug testing.