Gregory to apply for reinstatement tomorrow

Flamma

Reaction score
I hope he improves and I realize there are no guarantees someone will be a success in the pros. I fully understand that, but we can also look back and call a spade a spade, like looking at the Morris Claiborne pick and labeling that a bad move.

The fact is we took a chance on Jaylon. The team knew he wasn't going to be able to contribute in his first year (possibly ever) for the reward of getting a player with top 5 talent when healthy. That was the risk/reward gamble and we have to see if it pays off. So far it hasn't and whether it ever will remains to be seen.

I hope it does pay off but I'm not going to sugar coat the current situation or down play the future expectations of him. I want to see him be a top 5 talent now that he is healthy. The top 5 from that draft class are Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Zeke, and Ramsey. Jaylon is currently nowhere close to that level so far. Just being on the field is not good enough, like was suggested in the post in where Jerry deserves credit gambling on Jaylon and Gregory because 3&4 years later they can simply play. They can't just play for Jerry to be commended on his gamble, they need to be great. That's my point.

Gregory, up until this point is without a doubt a disappointment. Even if Gregory turns it around and becomes the player he was meant to be, I am pretty sure Jerry will think twice before making a pick like that again. Jaylon is a different story. The point I was trying to make is that he wasn't meant to be like one of those players in bold this quickly. The gamble was on whether or not he fully heals. We can't judge the pick until one or the other happens. A guy playing with a brace in his first season of play is not going to be an all pro.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
OK for those that can't figure out simple things for themselves. High 2nd round picks are expected to produce day 1 of their ROOKIE season if not starting. Players that the team knows when they draft them they they won't be producing or playing much at all or not at all their rookie season are called project players. Teams don't WASTE high 2nd round picks on project players. I'll bet it took you a long time to learn your ABC's too.
JSmith is the starting LB(SAM or MIKE) and Nickel LB

He meets your stupid test for High 2nd ROUND picks

He is not a project......He made as many tackles as his teammate that just got 45m

408Cowboy

Reaction score
OK for those that can't figure out simple things for themselves. High 2nd round picks are expected to produce day 1 of their ROOKIE season if not starting. Players that the team knows when they draft them they they won't be producing or playing much at all or not at all their rookie season are called project players. Teams don't WASTE high 2nd round picks on project players. I'll bet it took you a long time to learn your ABC's too.
That does not APPLY in Dallas.

Aven8

Reaction score

He is not a project......He made as many tackles as his teammate that just got 45m

Except his teammate ran to the play. Not away from it.

I'm worried more about his instincts than the knee.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

He's not a proven starter. He only played 1/3 of the snaps in the last few games. He only started because of multiple injuries.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Except his teammate ran to the play. Not away from it.

I'm worried more about his instincts than the knee.
then you don't know too much about football and injuries

I wouldn't trade JSmith for Hitchens right now even if KC paid his salary

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You just don't get it. Smith was a wasted high 2nd round pick because those picks are expected to produce starting on day 1.
No YOU don't get it. Jaylon wasn't expected to hit the field his rookie year and might be able to contribute his 2nd year which he did.

The Cowboys obviously knew that BEFORE they drafted him.

To say "Smith was a wasted high 2nd round pick because those picks are expected to produce starting on day 1" based on those facts is pretty ignorant.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wasn't drafted to fail 3 drug tests, either, canine lad.
I didn't say he was. Please don't put words in my mouth. I quoted you word for word when you said he was drafted to save the day. Sorry pal, you can't turn this around on me.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No YOU don't get it. Jaylon wasn't expected to hit the field his rookie year and might be able to contribute his 2nd year which he did.

The Cowboys obviously knew that BEFORE they drafted him.

To say "Smith was a wasted high 2nd round pick because those picks are expected to produce starting on day 1" based on those facts is pretty ignorant.
And when were 2nd round picks ever supposed to start Day One.....that is a joke

50% are busts

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tomorrow is not Tuesday and if he's still so stoned he doesn't know what day of the week it is, I am not hopeful.