Gregory to apply for reinstatement tomorrow

Sydla

Reaction score
Did I just see PFT say he's now applying for reinstatement on Thursday?

LOL.

This thing is getting weirder and weirder.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I was actually excited about him, Tuesday, Wednesday, or whenever his lawyers had his paperwork ready.....until I read that article.
He "recently" completed a 6 week rehab stint? If recently is correct, I think that sounds ominous. If he was to be reinstated, he should have completed that rehab months ago and stayed clean in the interim.

Right. He's reportedly been clean since July 2016, could have applied for reinstatement over 6 months ago to have his status known for free agency and the draft, could have been back in communication with the Cowboys regarding football matters, and been able to participate in OTAs but decided to spend more time in rehab for a habit he reportedly kicked a couple of years ago. This situation has always smelled fishy.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
JSmith is the starting LB(SAM or MIKE) and Nickel LB

He meets your stupid test for High 2nd ROUND picks

He is not a project......He made as many tackles as his teammate that just got 45m

I doesn't come close to meeting my test. You obviously missed the part about high 2nd round picks producing and/or a starter starting day 1 of their ROOKIE season.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
No YOU don't get it. Jaylon wasn't expected to hit the field his rookie year and might be able to contribute his 2nd year which he did.

The Cowboys obviously knew that BEFORE they drafted him.

To say "Smith was a wasted high 2nd round pick because those picks are expected to produce starting on day 1" based on those facts is pretty ignorant.

Ignorant is not understanding that players that are known not to be producing and/or are starters starting day 1 of their rookie year are referred to as projects and teams don't use high 2nd round picks on projects. There were no guarantees on what he might be able to do in the NFL when he was drafted and he may never be any better than he was last season and if so are you going to say he wasn't a waste of a high 2nd round pick? There were players in position of need that would have been starters come week 1 and would have lived up to being a high 2nd round pick.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I doesn't come close to meeting my test. You obviously missed the part about high 2nd round picks producing and/or a starter starting day 1 of their ROOKIE season.
It was his rookie season Clouseau...... DAL still has him for 3 years..... 2016 was an injury redshirt

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Ignorant is not understanding that players that are known not to be producing and/or are starters starting day 1 of their rookie year are referred to as projects and teams don't use high 2nd round picks on projects. There were no guarantees on what he might be able to do in the NFL when he was drafted and he may never be any better than he was last season and if so are you going to say he wasn't a waste of a high 2nd round pick? There were players in position of need that would have been starters come week 1 and would have lived up to being a high 2nd round pick.
Man you are flailing

First rule if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging