Gregory to apply for reinstatement tomorrow

Johnny23

Reaction score
yeah, and rightfully so. He stole $ for 2 years and produced squat. He deserved to get bashed, and if he makes it back, he deserves to be rooted for.
Wrong. He doesn't get paid squat when he's not in games. His financial impact on the team has been peanuts.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
He has probably failed tests already. And then thats another 60 days for him to fail another one. Then you have the issue that he is really just a rookie that hasnt played football in a new years. I wouldnt expect anything out of him or I wouldnt even expect him to be available for the team at all.

But dont let me spoil it for you. :thumbup:
Really, already hating on the guy?
I'm pretty sure he's not getting high, obviously you haven't been paying attention.
I wouldn't go as far as saying he is our best pass rusher, He has talent but like you said he'll have to prove himself just like 75% of the team at this time of year.

I think he'll make the team, not sure about starting tho, he needs work

Flamma

Reaction score
so this is the year he needs to show “top 5 talent” and if not it was a bad pick?

Well he said he's starting to feel like himself again, so I fully expect to see a great improvement over last season. The way people talk about him would lead me to believe he should develop into at least as good as Sean Lee. But even if he was never injured, can anyone be sure how someone will turn out in the pros? You don't need an injury to be a bust.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Well he said he's starting to feel like himself again, so I fully expect to see a great improvement over last season. The way people talk about him would lead me to believe he should develop into at least as good as Sean Lee. But even if he was never injured, can anyone be sure how someone will turn out in the pros? You don't need an injury to be a bust.
?
Are you talking about J Smith? This is about Randy Gregory...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If he is applying today I seriously doubt the ruling will come down today.

Flamma

Reaction score
?
Are you talking about J Smith? This is about Randy Gregory...

Yeah I was. Mainly because there isn't much to say about Randy Gregory that could hold an audience for more than 5 posts. When you're watching paint dry, you tend to drift. That said, I had written Gregory off awhile ago but I fully support his return. I always have. He's been a disappointment so far, but I'm not holding any of that against him. I hope he comes back and kicks ***.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

I hope he improves and I realize there are no guarantees someone will be a success in the pros. I fully understand that, but we can also look back and call a spade a spade, like looking at the Morris Claiborne pick and labeling that a bad move.

The fact is we took a chance on Jaylon. The team knew he wasn't going to be able to contribute in his first year (possibly ever) for the reward of getting a player with top 5 talent when healthy. That was the risk/reward gamble and we have to see if it pays off. So far it hasn't and whether it ever will remains to be seen.

I hope it does pay off but I'm not going to sugar coat the current situation or down play the future expectations of him. I want to see him be a top 5 talent now that he is healthy. The top 5 from that draft class are Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Zeke, and Ramsey. Jaylon is currently nowhere close to that level so far. Just being on the field is not good enough, like was suggested in the post in where Jerry deserves credit gambling on Jaylon and Gregory because 3&4 years later they can simply play. They can't just play for Jerry to be commended on his gamble, they need to be great. That's my point.

cern

Reaction score
roger will finish his tea and crumpets and then get about the business of deciding randy's fate. he reinstated Michael vick. how can he not reinstate randy?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Smith has only 1 league year tallied. He needs 3 more to become a free agent. Last year was effectively his rookie season. 50 Tackles. A little less than Hitchens, who tallied 55, and everyone raved about. That would have been a fine rookie season for a healthy 34th pick.

The bold part is just delusional. All Pros don't grow on trees.

Nobody said anything about accrued seasons, that's your take. The TRUTH is a good 2nd round pick is a player that produces starting on day 1 and normally is a starter. Smith is now entering his 3rd year since being drafted and so far he missed his rookie season and in his 2nd season he had just a handful of good plays and the rest he was out of position, missed tackles, slow to react, when in coverage was 3 steps behind who he was covering and thus far has been a waste of a high 2nd round pick. He has and is progressing like a 6th or 7th round pick does not a high 2nd round pick. In other words he's been a project and projects are a total waste of high 2nd round picks. No All Pros don't grow on trees but they aren't high 2nd round project picks either and that's what it would take to move the needle off the wasted pick mark for Smith.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Only 9 players taken ofter Jaylon have even made the pro bowl.

Yet you are talking All-Pro?

Comon' man.

You just don't get it. Smith was a wasted high 2nd round pick because those picks are expected to produce starting on day 1. To move the needle off of wasted pick he would have to go to the opposite end of scale and be a All Pro this season. In other words Smith shouldn't have been a high 2nd round pick and wouldn't necessarily need to be an All Pro his season to justify using that high 2nd round pick if he was taken where projects are taken in the 6th or 7th round.. He's been a project and teams don't use high 2nd round picks on projects unless they have a QB in front of their names and they are grooming them to be a starter in a couple of years.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
How did Smith get brought into this?

I hope the best for Gregory. If he has remained clean I don't see why he couldn't get reinstated. The best part is, if he does and plays well then that's all great. If he doesn't, well, we seem to have good talent at DE anyway so no real loss. And the best thing is if he fails another test there won't even need to be a discussion because the guy will likely be banned for life.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I heard gregory is already reinstated and leads the league in sacks as we speak.