Griffin III - 4.38

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
The all shorts race is on............I will say though, Blake even looks fast in Pads.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Wow, I'm a bit shocked (re: Griffin). I thought he'd run a 4.6 or something.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4429873 said:
What did Vick run?

He ran a 4.33 which is faster than RG3, so Vick actually would still hold the record.

Not surprised by RG3 at all, he was a track guy before football.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bluestang;4429886 said:
Isn't that Hos' pet cat?

Yes he is.

Hos usually has a good eye for talent, but the homer in him has caused a slight miss on this guy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4429890 said:
Yes he is.

Hos usually has a good eye for talent, but the homer in him has caused a slight miss on this guy.
Yes, I do tend to forget about track stars at QB despite their incredible success in the NFL, and tend to focus on passing ability despite its record of failure in the NFL.

Foles career...66.9% career completion percentage, 67 TDs, 33 INTs, over 10,000 yards passing.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4429902 said:
Yes, I do tend to forget about track stars at QB despite their incredible success in the NFL, and tend to focus on passing ability despite its record of failure in the NFL.

Foles career...66.9% career completion percentage, 67 TDs, 33 INTs, over 10,000 yards passing.

No question the guy has very good accuracy.

The TD to INT ratio isn't glowing.

And his YPA is low compared to his excellent completion percentage which could indicate a lot of check-downs.

But the lack of mobility is a deal-breaker for me.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4429888 said:
He ran a 4.33 which is faster than RG3, so Vick actually would still hold the record.

Not surprised by RG3 at all, he was a track guy before football.

Vick didn't run at the combine, so a 4.38 from griffin would be the record. Just curious, where did you find the 4.33 number? A quick Google search said that vick ran a 4.36 at the Falcons minicamp as a rookie. That was the only time I saw

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Muhast;4429912 said:
Vick didn't run at the combine, so a 4.38 from griffin would be the record. Just curious, where did you find the 4.33 number? A quick Google search said that vick ran a 4.36 at the Falcons minicamp as a rookie. That was the only time I saw

supercowboy8;4429913 said:
According to ESPN Michael Vick ran a 4.36 in rookie mini camp following the 2001 NFL draft. That year during the 2001 NFL Combine Michael elected to opt out of the field testing portion.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_fast_did_Michael_Vick_run_in_the_40_yard_dash#ixzz1nVIVsMWH

They quoted it on NFL network about a half hour ago, and said RG3 was second to him. Now I do agree with you, I didn't think he ran at the combine, but NFLN did quote the number and I don't know their source.

It is interesting in that posted link it does say 4.33 at the combine underneath the 4.36 at rookie camp.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4429911 said:
No question the guy has very good accuracy.

The TD to INT ratio isn't glowing.

And his YPA is low compared to his excellent completion percentage which could indicate a lot of check-downs.

But the lack of mobility is a deal-breaker for me.
So you'd pass on Dan Marino then?

57.7 completion percentage, 74 TDs, 64 INTs, and 7905 passing yards in his college career. Less mobility than Foles.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4429918 said:
They quoted it on NFL network about a half hour ago, and said RG3 was second to him. Now I do agree with you, I didn't think he ran at the combine, but NFLN did quote the number and I don't know their source.

It is interesting in that posted link it does say 4.33 at the combine underneath the 4.36 at rookie camp.

Hmm, I know for a fact vick didn't run at the combine, but I couldn't find any of his proday numbers. I wouldn't doubt that vick ran a 4.3 something but I was just curious what he actually runs.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Hostile;4429923 said:
Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning...

As in Eli Manning is not very mobile yet he has 2 SB rings.