Griffin III - 4.38

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bluestang;4429927 said:
As in Eli Manning is not very mobile yet he has 2 SB rings.
They weren't mobile either. Their teams were contenders almost every year.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;4429919 said:
So you'd pass on Dan Marino then?

57.7 completion percentage, 74 TDs, 64 INTs, and 7905 passing yards in his college career. Less mobility than Foles.

So Foles is now Dan Marino because of a stat sheet? :laugh2:

Bluestang

Reaction score
Hostile;4429930 said:
Tehy weren't mobile either. Their teams were contenders almost every year.

Ah ok I thought you were saying the opposite, anyways I actually like RG3 because of his parents background. A military man myself I know he is a well rounded kid and will be a star in the NFL.

Also some people seemed a little surprised about RG3s 40 but he was a track star so he knows how to properly start off and run a 40 moreso than the average football player.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cythim;4429933 said:
So Foles is now Dan Marino because of a stat sheet? :laugh2:
I said he was Dan Marino II?

Does the mention of a name mean you have to assume a comparison? How sad if true.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bluestang;4429935 said:
Ah ok I thought you were saying the opposite, anyways I actually like RG3 because of his parents background. A military man myself I know he is a well rounded kid and will be a star in the NFL.

Also some people seemed a little surprised about RG3s 40 but he was a track star so he knows how to properly start off and run a 40 moreso than the average football player.
My comments are nothing against Griffin. In fact, Dawgs0916 knows RGIII personally and can tell you that I have liked him from the word go. Had he not had a meteoric rise I would want him in this draft.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;4429939 said:
I said he was Dan Marino II?

Does the mention of a name mean you have to assume a comparison? How sad if true.

"Less mobility than Foles" is a comparison. There is no assumption on my part.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I still don't understand why they don't do these drills in pads. In what game scenario is Griffin ever going to elude a pass rusher, while scrambling around in tights and no pads?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Muhast;4429948 said:
I still don't understand why they don't do these drills in pads. In what game scenario is Griffin ever going to elude a pass rusher, while scrambling around in tights and no pads?

They've all played tons of games in pads. Evaluators that need to see them do the broad jump in pads need to get off their lazy butts and watch some tape.

Plus then you gotta start policing pads, because you know they will all look for an edge.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cythim;4429947 said:
"Less mobility than Foles" is a comparison. There is no assumption on my part.
No, it was a response to his commentary on stats.

Sad.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;4429953 said:
No, it was a response to his commentary on stats.

Sad.

I thought this was a forum that is free of personal attack. Are you going to continue calling me sad because of your comparison of Foles and Marino?

Bluestang

Reaction score
Muhast;4429948 said:

The combine workouts is mainly geared for the scouts to confirm or intrigue their thoughts on players based on what they have seen in game film. The workouts are just a way they can measure "football attributes" to distinguish one player from the next to help the scouting/drafting process. The interviews is what the combine is really about. Most coaches and scouts are just going through their boards and doing their due diligence to find out as much as possible so they can arrange their boards accordingly.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4429919 said:
So you'd pass on Dan Marino then?

57.7 completion percentage, 74 TDs, 64 INTs, and 7905 passing yards in his college career. Less mobility than Foles.

My god Hos... I was going to Pitt when Marino did. LOL!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4429968 said:
My god Hos... I was going to Pitt when Marino did. LOL!
So, unrelated to this discussion then I have to ask, do you miss them being an independent?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cythim;4429957 said:
I thought this was a forum that is free of personal attack. Are you going to continue calling me sad because of your comparison of Foles and Marino?
Sad is an attack?

Sad.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
All of this stuff is misplaced, though, because Robert Griffin can actually throw the ball, too. Over 10,000 yards passing, 78 TDs to only 17 INTs in four years.

Just because dude can run doesn't mean you have to all of a sudden dump on him. He's going to be a very good QB.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
casmith07;4429972 said:
All of this stuff is misplaced, though, because Robert Griffin can actually throw the ball, too. Over 10,000 yards passing, 78 TDs to only 17 INTs in four years.

Just because dude can run doesn't mean you have to all of a sudden dump on him. He's going to be a very good QB.

And a perfect fit in a ZBS who uses the boot leg quite often

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
casmith07;4429972 said:

Yeah, not sure how it went from RGIIIs incredible 40 time to Hos likes Foles as an indictment.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hostile;4429977 said:
Yeah, not sure how it went from RGIIIs incredible 40 time to Hos likes Foles as an indictment.

It went from...

RGIII's 40 time -> Hos likes Foles -> Therefore, RGIII sucks.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Muhast;4429924 said:
Hmm, I know for a fact vick didn't run at the combine, but I couldn't find any of his proday numbers. I wouldn't doubt that vick ran a 4.3 something but I was just curious what he actually runs.

Yeah, NFLN has mentioned the 4.33 twice and they say he ran it at the combine, plus links say it too. But I don't remember him running in the combine either.

Who knows.