Gronkowski retires

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Hernandez was a high school football star in my state. His downfall was all over the news up here and it's pretty much accepted now that his behavior and subsequent suicide was the result of brain damage sustained from playing football.

I am not judging you, but it's a scary thing for all players and really not something to joke about.
Accepted by who?
Very doubtful his brain was damaged by his early 20s.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Maybe they'll bring Aaron Hernandez back to replace him
200.gif

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hernandez was a high school football star in my state. His downfall was all over the news up here and it's pretty much accepted now that his behavior and subsequent suicide was the result of brain damage sustained from playing football.

I am not judging you, but it's a scary thing for all players and really not something to joke about.

Respectfully, it was gang involvement, not football that ruined his life.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Accepted by who?
Very doubtful his brain was damaged by his early 20s.

It could have been because everybody is different. Small, repeated head trauma that is common in football often goes unnoticed and is symptom free. However, the damage accumulates and eventually can be (but not always) as damaging as having multiple, massive concussions.

It could be Hernandez was just a crazy and sick person. But if I remember correctly a study of his brain showed evidence of CTE.

coult44

Reaction score
Disagree. Pats largely get a pass on this. Had he been a Dallas player it would be seen as reflecting poorly on the team. Important to keep reminding folks of this

Doesn't matter bro, Murder and suicide dark and sad issues that we shouldn't haphazardly throw into football conversations.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score

How about acknowledging he was a criminal and murderer and stop blaming his actions on playing football. Is anything anyone’s own fault nowadays? Blame this blame that but don’t blame the person responsible. What a irresponsible way to go through life