Gronkowski retires

BillyBates

Reaction score
hate um or respect um, 3 SB rings, 5 pro bowls, 79 TDs. as a fan of football I have to applauded this man and his accomplishments..dont spend your savings in one place Gronk....

Pape

Reaction score
Best Tight End of All Time, bar none.

Receiver, Blocker, Downfield Threat, Game Changer.

First Ballot Hall of Famer

He will be missed.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Best Tight End of All Time, bar none.

Receiver, Blocker, Downfield Threat, Game Changer.

First Ballot Hall of Famer

He will be missed.

Peak Gronk was maybe the best TE I've had the pleasure to watch (I'm 47).

He is a first ballot HOFer, however, his overall lack of longevity prevents him from being the automatic answer to GOAT.

Pape

Reaction score
Peak Gronk was maybe the best TE I've had the pleasure to watch (I'm 47).

He is a first ballot HOFer, however, his overall lack of longevity prevents him from being the automatic answer to GOAT.

maybe? then you weren't paying attention.

who's better?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
maybe? then you weren't paying attention.

who's better?

Tony Gonzalez.

Gronk has great numbers b/c he played with the GOAT his whole career. Brady inflates everybody's stats. You put Gronk in Cleveland his whole career, he's not a HOFer.

Pape

Reaction score
Tony Gonzalez.

Gronk has great numbers b/c he played with the GOAT his whole career. Brady inflates everybody's stats. You put Gronk in Cleveland his whole career, he's not a HOFer.

Just stop with the nonsense. If he played in cleveland.... he didnt play in cleveland, and yku have no clue how he would have done on another team. Would you say jerry rice was oy the goat receiver because he played with montana? Of course not... cant show the guy wo has earned his stripes on the field, catcjing, blocking, doing what ever the team needs the same type of respect? You should because he has earned ot on the field

Tony gonzales, great player, no doubt. HoF for sure. Great reveiving numbers. But Gronk was better.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjj1KXFpqHhAhV1KH0KHaCUCHsQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gronk-was-the-most-efficient-receiver-weve-seen/&psig=AOvVaw2_STjth18FDuoUuvxkuD4S&ust=1553741035664115

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just stop with the nonsense. If he played in cleveland.... he didnt play in cleveland, and yku have no clue how he would have done on another team. Would you say jerry rice was oy the goat receiver because he played with montana? Of course not... cant show the guy wo has earned his stripes on the field, catcjing, blocking, doing what ever the team needs the same type of respect? You should because he has earned ot on the field

Tony gonzales, great player, no doubt. HoF for sure. Great reveiving numbers. But Gronk was better.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjj1KXFpqHhAhV1KH0KHaCUCHsQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gronk-was-the-most-efficient-receiver-weve-seen/&psig=AOvVaw2_STjth18FDuoUuvxkuD4S&ust=1553741035664115

I saw both play. Tony G was better. He toiled in KC his whole career while Gronk was playing in super bowls compliments of Belechek and Brady. I suppose you beleive that guys like Wes Welker and Edelman are also among the best who ever played.

Pape

Reaction score
I saw both play. Tony G was better. He toiled in KC his whole career while Gronk was playing in super bowls compliments of Belechek and Brady. I suppose you beleive that guys like Wes Welker and Edelman are also among the best who ever played.
Toiled yiyo wirh top 10 passing offenses for most of that time? Tg was one of the best no doubt about it, but you are completely disregarding what Gronk brought to the table because of the jersey he wore.

Welker and Edelman... yeah, are some of the best slot guys out there. Julian is one of the best route runners ... they both, edelman more than welker, come up big when they needed to. To say otherwise denies reality.

Hate the jersey, but dont discount what these guys have done and thats perform at the highest level on the biggest stages of the game.

Last edited:

Pape

Reaction score
Yeah Trent Green, Matt Cassell, Brodie Coyle, and Brady are just interchangeable. You are seriously reaching.

Yeah, because he played a lot of games with Matt Cassel, right? Try none. And a ton of games with Brodie Croyle, right? try 6. And Trent Green wasn't a top 10 passer in his years in KC? Sometimes you got to do more than scan the names of guys on the team...

Nice spin, though.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, because he played a lot of games with Matt Cassel, right? Try none. And a ton of games with Brodie Croyle, right? try 6. And Trent Green wasn't a top 10 passer in his years in KC? Sometimes you got to do more than scan the names of guys on the team...

Nice spin, though.

It takes more spin to convince anyone Gronk was better than Gonzalez. Trent might have cracked the top 10 in 2004. Otherwise, he was mediocre. Nobody is confusing his career with Brady's.

I'm subbing Cassel for Elvis Grbac and Damon Huard

Pape

Reaction score
It takes more spin to convince anyone Gronk was better than Gonzalez. Trent might have cracked the top 10 in 2004. Otherwise, he was mediocre. Nobody is confusing his career with Brady's.

I'm subbing Cassel for Elvis Grbac and Damon Huard

Keep trying. It might work for you one day.

It was so hard for Gonzales with all the KC quarterbacks hitting the top ten in passing yards in 8 out of his 12 seasons...

What's next? That he was really slumming it with Matt Ryan in Atlanta?

You really should change your user name to Dreidel at this point.

Gronk baby... all day long. Great hands, great route runner, great run blocker... the complete package as far as tight ends go. He has 73 touchdowns in his 9 years in New England, not counting the dozen he collected in the post season. Pound for pound, his 9 years in New England outmatch the 12 years Gonzalez spent in KC. The only area where Gonzales outshines Gronk is the durability factor. Otherwise, its not even close.

I am not denigrating Tony Gonzalez. He is a great player. He is a first ballot Hall of Famer for a reason. That accolade is well deserved. Gronk is just better.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep trying. It might work for you one day.

It was so hard for Gonzales with all the KC quarterbacks hitting the top ten in passing yards in 8 out of his 12 seasons...

What's next? That he was really slumming it with Matt Ryan in Atlanta?

You really should change your user name to Dreidel at this point.

Gronk baby... all day long. Great hands, great route runner, great run blocker... the complete package as far as tight ends go. He has 73 touchdowns in his 9 years in New England, not counting the dozen he collected in the post season. Pound for pound, his 9 years in New England outmatch the 12 years Gonzalez spent in KC. The only area where Gonzales outshines Gronk is the durability factor. Otherwise, its not even close.

I am not denigrating Tony Gonzalez. He is a great player. He is a first ballot Hall of Famer for a reason. That accolade is well deserved. Gronk is just better.

You can boast about the parade of loser QBs Gonzalez played with all day. There is no case to be made about who played with the far superior QBs. None of them are on par with Brady or even in the same ball park. Can you imagine Brady with Gonzalez who was faster and had better hands than Gronk?

I think if Tony had played with matt ryan his whole career rather than after his 33rd birthday, all TE records would be so far out of reach you couldn't even make a case for Gronk projecting his stats another 6 years.

Pape

Reaction score
You can boast about the parade of loser QBs Gonzalez played with all day. There is no case to be made about who played with the far superior QBs. None of them are on par with Brady or even in the same ball park. Can you imagine Brady with Gonzalez who was faster and had better hands than Gronk?

I think if Tony had played with matt ryan his whole career rather than after his 33rd birthday, all TE records would be so far out of reach you couldn't even make a case for Gronk projecting his stats another 6 years.

Absolutely Brady is superior to every quarterback in league history. No question.

However, that does not give you carte blanche to infer that the quarterbacks TG did play with were utter garbage, which is exactly what you tried to do. Gronk has equal to (or better) hands than Gonzales. Better catch radius. Better route runner. Better ability to move the ball down field. Better blocker. Better red zone target. The only thing Gonzalez has over Gronk is the durability factor.

You like the what if's ... keep bringing them up ... so here is a what if for you ... what if Gronk didn't get hurt and lose all those games...

Project Gronk's stats from 2012, 2013, and 2016 - all the years he missed extended time ... i won't even touch the years he missed a game or two - 2013 80 receptions, 1150 yards, 16 tds, 2014 89 receptions, 1352 yards, 9 tds, 2016 50 receptions, 1080 yards, 6 td's

That would have meant 7 seasons with 1,000 yards or more receiving yards, and an additional 13 touch downs
Thru 8 seasons it would have been 574 receptions, 8,839 yards, and 89 touchdowns... I'm not even counting last year... that's just 8 years... The projected numbers are staggering ... its also why you are wrong

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely Brady is superior to every quarterback in league history. No question.

However, that does not give you carte blanche to infer that the quarterbacks TG did play with were utter garbage, which is exactly what you tried to do. Gronk has equal to (or better) hands than Gonzales. Better catch radius. Better route runner. Better ability to move the ball down field. Better blocker. Better red zone target. The only thing Gonzalez has over Gronk is the durability factor.

You like the what if's ... keep bringing them up ... so here is a what if for you ... what if Gronk didn't get hurt and lose all those games...

Project Gronk's stats from 2012, 2013, and 2016 - all the years he missed extended time ... i won't even touch the years he missed a game or two - 2013 80 receptions, 1150 yards, 16 tds, 2014 89 receptions, 1352 yards, 9 tds, 2016 50 receptions, 1080 yards, 6 td's

That would have meant 7 seasons with 1,000 yards or more receiving yards, and an additional 13 touch downs
Thru 8 seasons it would have been 574 receptions, 8,839 yards, and 89 touchdowns... I'm not even counting last year... that's just 8 years... The projected numbers are staggering ... its also why you are wrong

Fun game projecting stats. How is Billy Sims not in the HOF?

My only knocks on Gronk are that he wasn't durable , played in the only offense in NFL history where the TE was the #1 option in the passing game, and he retired at 29. I give him top 5 status.

sean10mm

Reaction score
played in the only offense in NFL history where the TE was the #1 option in the passing game.

Gonzalez basically just played WR (and "blocked" accordingly), and was the #1 passing target in KC every single year, so I'm not even sure what point you think you're making here?

Gates was the same way for much of his career too.

And hell, MIKE DITKA was his teams #1 option in the passing game for multiple seasons IN THE 1960s lmao

Teams targeting the TE a lot is basically the opposite of a new concept, Gronk isn't unique there.