Guess when Lamb gets his new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Before anything meaningful happens so they still have over 3 weeks to sign him and dak

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Maybe someday we will get a professionally run Franchise ...... sigh :(
I have been saying this for YEARS. No one wins the Super Bowl every year. That is not the expectation. The expectation is that the team is run in a professional manner. When the team is NOT run in a professional manner, the pickle we are in with Dak is what you get!!! I don't care if he stays or goes, but he is in his prime and he plays the toughest position to fill in the NFL.....and they just voted him as the runner-up NFL MVP....and there is strong chance he walks for NOTHING!!!!!!

Jerry just said out of his mouth for everyone to hear....so this is not "sources said". He likes to have "swirl" around his team. He said he often creates it. Somehow, he believes that kind of publicity is good and creates the kind of pressure that propels players/coaches to perform better. The only evidence we have is that it makes him a lot of money, so the fact that he continues to do it....tells you all you need to know about what is MOST important to him!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can't end up on PUP, but they can keep him on the Did Not Report list.
well whatever list it is so he's able to play the first game, I hear he's still working out as he should, but he's missing being in football shape

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
well whatever list it is so he's able to play the first game, I hear he's still working out as he should, but he's missing being in football shape
I was hoping they'd end it with about three weeks left before the regular season to give him time to acclimate. In order to accomplish that, though, they'd have to get it done sometime this week.

My main concern with players like him holding out is injury. Of course, one of the reasons the front office doesn't mind holdouts like his is because it reduces the opportunity for injury, but it often seems like when a player misses camp, they end up tweaking a hamstring or something because their bodies haven't gotten used to the rigors of camp (even if it is less rigorous than it used to be).

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was hoping they'd end it with about three weeks left before the regular season to give him time to acclimate. In order to accomplish that, though, they'd have to get it done sometime this week.

My main concern with players like him holding out is injury. Of course, one of the reasons the front office doesn't mind holdouts like his is because it reduces the opportunity for injury, but it often seems like when a player misses camp, they end up tweaking a hamstring or something because their bodies haven't gotten used to the rigors of camp (even if it is less rigorous than it used to be).
Post of the morning!!!!!! Completely agree with all of this!!!!!!!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

If that's the case, I can't see Lamb taking it since it's $1.5 million per year less than Jefferson's. Might counter in the range of $34-$34.5 million, though.

But a lot depends on the guarantees. Jefferson is guaranteed $110 million. If Dallas is offering a higher guarantee, then the lower APY would be acceptable. If the guarantee is $100 million or lower, then I can't see Lamb taking that deal.

blueblood70

Reaction score
after the last PS game,

and Dak will be with him and they do a big pressor for both announcements. Being this is fantasy world here and we're supposed to be guessing the future I want to throw that in... They will explain why it was a big hold up because they were trying to do both contract at the same time which would make sense to me because what good is CD lamb gonna be to us without a quarterback in 2025 he's already on the roster for 2024 we don't need to give him a new contract he will play this year under his old contract if he wasn't offered a new one because he has to because he could be franchise tagged next year but for me I'm trading everyone if Prescott's not here in 2025...

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
With Jefferson getting $35M, no deal.
Then I let him sit. I like Lamb, a lot. but if he wants to play that card, then let him sit it out. He will report and play at some point to get the accrued year and then I turn around and Tag is butt next year and maybe the year after..

Status
Not open for further replies.