Guess when Lamb gets his new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If that's the case, I can't see Lamb taking it since it's $1.5 million per year less than Jefferson's. Might counter in the range of $34-$34.5 million, though.

But a lot depends on the guarantees. Jefferson is guaranteed $110 million. If Dallas is offering a higher guarantee, then the lower APY would be acceptable. If the guarantee is $100 million or lower, then I can't see Lamb taking that deal.
Jefferson is better than Lamb. Jefferson is widely considered the top WR in the game. If Im dallas, 33.5 is where Im staying, that splits the difference between the top 2 guys in the league.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jefferson is better than Lamb. Jefferson is widely considered the top WR in the game. If Im dallas, 33.5 is where Im staying, that splits the difference between the top 2 guys in the league.
Jeffferson is coming off an injury year (and still got a huge deal) and one where Lamb easily led the league in receptions (135 while the next highest was 119). He also was No. 2 in yards and No. 3 in touchdowns. His side has plenty of ammunition to say that he's worth what Jefferson got. Dallas has reason to push back against that, but Cowboys fans act like what Lamb did last year doesn't matter in negotiations.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
My wag is the day Dallas hits Frisco.
No need for CeeDee to travel to California.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Jefferson, Hill and Lamb are the top crust of WR play. The Elites.

CeeDee has shown durability and yearly growth.
His agent is not accepting any nonsense arguments as to why he should be paid over a Mil APY less than Jefferson.
As this notes you can offer GTD in lieu of APY and other incentives but the no state tax thing isn't selling to any agent.
They are going to pay 135M plus over 4 years unless they want to guarantee it all.
Its all nonsense anyway as the void years will make the dal cost friendly for a couple seasons so a couple mil APY will be meaningless.

blueblood70

Reaction score
More importantly, we dont know what was asked for or offered. Ive been saying for a while now, what if Lamb is asking for no franchise tag and no trade clauses in his deal?
Exactly fans are taking sides and I prefer not to I wanna know the details I mean what exactly is he demanding because again I believe he should be looking for top five money the holdout the asking for as much as you can get that time has passed it's time to start compromising and coming to the table with some real numbers and what you would accept and stop playing games...

That would be both sides been posturing and now it's leaking out into the public and I'd like to see this get done with a fair contract if fans here believe he should make as much or more than Justin Jefferson those are the fans I won't be talking to they have no realistic view of how you have to fit all these contracts into one team and a top five contract is fair asking to be the second highest paid player in the league outside of quarterback it's ridiculous like it's not bad to ask it's not bad to start negotiations there but at some point you gotta come off it...

I mean the Cowboys are not the only organization dealing with this right now nor were they 1st and they won't be last I mean why does people sweeping under the rug that San Francisco paid Christian McCaffrey way too much money and now they're playing hardball with Brandon iuke I mean you would think the receiver would have been more important than setting a record-breaking contract for a running back and now they have Trent brown they're best left tackle is he like not the top left tackle in the game holding out as well? Jamar chase didn't get paid and a lot of players have taken less than Justin Jefferson Justin Jefferson in my opinion is contracts and anomaly Minnesota is making it difficult for everyone else and I believe taking 32 or 33 million would be very fair and if that's not gonna make lamb happy then I'm OK with him playing out his contract here and he will play this year regardless of what people keep saying that he's willing to give up 17,000,000 to make a point why so in March he's right back with the franchise tag going through this again and have losing about 18 or 19,000,000 with fines?​

I don't see that happening so if he doesn't agree to this deal at that price point then I'm gonna have to take my leave have arguing for him and saying he's being greedy and he's definitely being greedy if he wants that to be as much or more than Justin Jefferson I get why he would ask but at some point you have to move off it.... That's just my opinion we don't know what both sides have been passing back and forth but yeah he's asking for too much I don't blame the front office for digging in a little bit.. As long as they're not trying to force him to take under 30 million and have moved their price up to try to get close and come to the middle then I'm gonna have to side with the front office soon... It's hard to have empathy for a player already on the books for one million per game you go play 3 hours on a Sunday and get $1 million and that's not good enough to at least show up and get this worked out then I'm starting to lose interest in the player side...

Like I said it's going to be tough to take a side because we don't see these contracts being passed back and forth... I wish they'd get it over with I wish they symbol Prescott and lamb right at the same time right his camp breaks the last preseason game, announce it...

blueblood70

Reaction score

His agent is not accepting any nonsense arguments as to why he should be paid over a Mil APY less than Jefferson.
As this notes you can offer GTD in lieu of APY and other incentives but the no state tax thing isn't selling to any agent.
They are going to pay 135M plus over 4 years unless they want to guarantee it all.
Its all nonsense anyway as the void years will make the dal cost friendly for a couple seasons so a couple mil APY will be meaningless.
and Jamar chase is NOT lmao I'm sorry but when you see the other guys at 30 and under you're trying to tell me he's worth $5,000,000 more a year and his skill set above the other guys?.. Unless I missed something he'll just took 30.. The Cowboys would throw that at lamb right now and drag his **** back in camp if he would take three years at 90 million fully guaranteed I guarantee that's not what he's asking are you would take this $33 million offer if this is really a real offer... Top five money is top five money that would be around 31 to $32 million

so if they're offering 33 he should run over and sign it..

OH by the way it's not nonsense Justin jefferson's contract is an anomaly there's no way that these players should be demanding to be the second highest paid player outside of quarterback record-breaking market money nonsense they're supposed to get paid top five that would make them elite at their positions they don't need to set a new market you think it's ridiculous and I think you're ridiculous and so are the agents for thinking this and This is why contracts are becoming harder to sign and this is not on the ownership if they're offering him 32 or 33 million per year depending on the language and length and whatnot that is more than fair!!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Jeffferson is coming off an injury year (and still got a huge deal) and one where Lamb easily led the league in receptions (135 while the next highest was 119). He also was No. 2 in yards and No. 3 in touchdowns. His side has plenty of ammunition to say that he's worth what Jefferson got. Dallas has reason to push back against that, but Cowboys fans act like what Lamb did last year doesn't matter in negotiations.
You make it like they offered him 20th at WR pay. Id say 2nd highest in league is exactly where his numbers are. Jefferson's injury has ZERO to do with his contract. What, everytime someone is injured they are supposed to drop down 8 slots?

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Yearly growth? who cares. Lets reverse this then... Dak isnt Joe Burrow, so no way he gets burrow money. You cool with that?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You make it like they offered him 20th at WR pay. Id say 2nd highest in league is exactly where his numbers are. Jefferson's injury has ZERO to do with his contract. What, everytime someone is injured they are supposed to drop down 8 slots?
Injury can affect pay. Second-highest is anything below $35 million APY. $34 million to $34.5 million is below that. Over the life of the contract, it would mean he's making $2 million to $4 million less, even though Lamb had a better year than Jefferson before each got a new deal. Lamb is going to seek the best deal he can get. Considering Jefferson's deal, $34 to $34.5 million is fair market value. So is $33.5 million, but again, I would expect him to go after as much as he can get and accept slightly less than Jefferson.

But like I said in another post, length and guarantees are really what matters. We'll see what those are when he eventually agrees to a deal.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dude seriously since when did this become the man has to be the new market trend setting super paid athlete he wants to be the second highest paid non quarterback in the league that's ridiculous we're talking about most of the time when you're dealing with new contracts it's like Trayvon diggs 31 million is the average for the top five you realize that jefferson's 35 it goes down to 32 to brown a couple of guys got 30 but most guys are below that that makes the average 31 million when you're looking at franchise tags they take the top five.. Most people when they're talking about GM's and contracts around the NFL they say that usually you try to do the contracts so you don't have to pay the franchise tag that means the average is 31 million most teams are trying to pay their star wide receivers under 30 that's why you give him a long term contract would be cheaper than keeping them on two straight years on the franchise tag that was the rule...

That's what I'm talking about Justin jefferson's money is an anomaly just like deshaun Watson nobody got that kind of deal that deshaun Watson got he did not start a new market trend he was an anomaly... No one needs to be higher than Justin Jefferson unless you're greedy and you have an ego I get you want to be one of the highest paid wide receivers in the NFL and you will be they offered him to be the 2nd if that's not good enough then I'm gonna have to not side with lamb and let him play on 17,000,000 and then franchise tag him and force a trade I don't want a guy on the team that wants to be the second highest paid player in the league versus just be paid fairly Trayvon diggs did this we didn't have to drag this out because he took fair money he's still top five in money a year later he was four at the time that was a easy contract to do because the player was willing to compromise... Do you laugh at 31 millions insane because you don't do the work in your head that is always been the rule top five money is a fair offer and then you look at language like guarantees and time frames...

You're trying to tell me that lamb is worth about $8 million more than DJ more? Like he's that much better look dude he's not he's a great wide receiver one of the best in the leagues should be paid like one of the best in the league not like the second best player in the league if you don't understand that I'm sorry you're blaming me ownership because you hate Jerry Jones well look at what the 49ers are going through with Trent brown and IU and to me that GM made a mistake overpaying Christian McCaffrey that's a big mistake paying a running back that's been in the league that long that kind of money now he doesn't have enough to pay his wide receiver but let's remind ourselves how the players on the field in order of priorities..

Quarterback, left/right tackle depending on your QB, pass rusher, cornerback, then wide receiver,

that's how it works you should not be the second highest paid player in the league at wide receiver I'm sorry that's not how it should work and that's what they're pushing for and I'm glad the owners are pushing back...

Look they're all important but that's why jamar chase, Brandon Ayuk, Hassan Reddick, Trent brown, and others are also not paid and they're not on the Dallas Cowboys at some point these figures are going to go down not up they're going to have to hit a wall somebody's got to make a stand and I get it they should ask for as much as they can get I don't blame lamb for holding out but he was offered 33 he should take it ,that's my opinion ,if he turns that down then I'm sorry I'm going to have to side with the ownership in that case he's being greedy...
Chase has two years left on his rookie deal, not one. So, not the same as the Lamb situation. Aiyuk is not the best weapon on his team’s offense. Lamb is. So not the same situation. Those are bad comparisons so stop using them. Trent WILLIAMS is an OT, is more than a decade older than Lamb, and is looking for a big payday before retiring and is prepared to retire now. Obviously not a sensible comparison to Lamb‘s situation. Reddick is under contract to a team he’s never played for, plays defense, and is not on his rookie deal, and paid less than Lamb. His situation is not remotely like CeeDee Lamb’s. Why do you persist in drawing comparisons that are so senseless?

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.” —- Aristotle

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dude seriously since when did this become the man has to be the new market trend setting super paid athlete he wants to be the second highest paid non quarterback in the league that's ridiculous we're talking about most of the time when you're dealing with new contracts it's like Trayvon diggs 31 million is the average for the top five you realize that jefferson's 35 it goes down to 32 to brown a couple of guys got 30 but most guys are below that that makes the average 31 million when you're looking at franchise tags they take the top five.. Most people when they're talking about GM's and contracts around the NFL they say that usually you try to do the contracts so you don't have to pay the franchise tag that means the average is 31 million most teams are trying to pay their star wide receivers under 30 that's why you give him a long term contract would be cheaper than keeping them on two straight years on the franchise tag that was the rule...

That's what I'm talking about Justin jefferson's money is an anomaly just like deshaun Watson nobody got that kind of deal that deshaun Watson got he did not start a new market trend he was an anomaly... No one needs to be higher than Justin Jefferson unless you're greedy and you have an ego I get you want to be one of the highest paid wide receivers in the NFL and you will be they offered him to be the 2nd if that's not good enough then I'm gonna have to not side with lamb and let him play on 17,000,000 and then franchise tag him and force a trade I don't want a guy on the team that wants to be the second highest paid player in the league versus just be paid fairly Trayvon diggs did this we didn't have to drag this out because he took fair money he's still top five in money a year later he was four at the time that was a easy contract to do because the player was willing to compromise... Do you laugh at 31 millions insane because you don't do the work in your head that is always been the rule top five money is a fair offer and then you look at language like guarantees and time frames...

You're trying to tell me that lamb is worth about $8 million more than DJ more? Like he's that much better look dude he's not he's a great wide receiver one of the best in the leagues should be paid like one of the best in the league not like the second best player in the league if you don't understand that I'm sorry you're blaming me ownership because you hate Jerry Jones well look at what the 49ers are going through with Trent brown and IU and to me that GM made a mistake overpaying Christian McCaffrey that's a big mistake paying a running back that's been in the league that long that kind of money now he doesn't have enough to pay his wide receiver but let's remind ourselves how the players on the field in order of priorities..

Quarterback, left/right tackle depending on your QB, pass rusher, cornerback, then wide receiver,

that's how it works you should not be the second highest paid player in the league at wide receiver I'm sorry that's not how it should work and that's what they're pushing for and I'm glad the owners are pushing back...

Look they're all important but that's why jamar chase, Brandon Ayuk, Hassan Reddick, Trent brown, and others are also not paid and they're not on the Dallas Cowboys at some point these figures are going to go down not up they're going to have to hit a wall somebody's got to make a stand and I get it they should ask for as much as they can get I don't blame lamb for holding out but he was offered 33 he should take it ,that's my opinion ,if he turns that down then I'm sorry I'm going to have to side with the ownership in that case he's being greedy...
If a player wants to be the highest paid, then he is not interested in winning. Time to trade him, in advance mind you, so you can get the best value on the same season.

Not out of desperation and a year late. Trading CD this year for a number one next year is like getting a 2nd rounder.

GM Jetho takes longer to pull the trigger than Trance!!!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If a player wants to be the highest paid, then he is not interested in winning. Time to trade him, in advance mind you, so you can get the best value on the same season.

Not out of desperation and a year late. Trading CD this year for a number one next year is like getting a 2nd rounder.

GM Jetho takes longer to pull the trigger than Trance!!!
An owner that can’t get his best players under contract when they’ve earned them is not interested in winning.

Chasing6

Reaction score
An owner that can’t get his best players under contract when they’ve earned them is not interested in winning.
Or he has no clue what he is doing.

I believe he has come to realize that the Triplets that we had in the 90's, were not the only 3 players that helped us win games.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Exactly fans are taking sides and I prefer not to I wanna know the details I mean what exactly is he demanding because again I believe he should be looking for top five money the holdout the asking for as much as you can get that time has passed it's time to start compromising and coming to the table with some real numbers and what you would accept and stop playing games...

That would be both sides been posturing and now it's leaking out into the public and I'd like to see this get done with a fair contract if fans here believe he should make as much or more than Justin Jefferson those are the fans I won't be talking to they have no realistic view of how you have to fit all these contracts into one team and a top five contract is fair asking to be the second highest paid player in the league outside of quarterback it's ridiculous like it's not bad to ask it's not bad to start negotiations there but at some point you gotta come off it...

I mean the Cowboys are not the only organization dealing with this right now nor were they 1st and they won't be last I mean why does people sweeping under the rug that San Francisco paid Christian McCaffrey way too much money and now they're playing hardball with Brandon iuke I mean you would think the receiver would have been more important than setting a record-breaking contract for a running back and now they have Trent brown they're best left tackle is he like not the top left tackle in the game holding out as well? Jamar chase didn't get paid and a lot of players have taken less than Justin Jefferson Justin Jefferson in my opinion is contracts and anomaly Minnesota is making it difficult for everyone else and I believe taking 32 or 33 million would be very fair and if that's not gonna make lamb happy then I'm OK with him playing out his contract here and he will play this year regardless of what people keep saying that he's willing to give up 17,000,000 to make a point why so in March he's right back with the franchise tag going through this again and have losing about 18 or 19,000,000 with fines?​

I don't see that happening so if he doesn't agree to this deal at that price point then I'm gonna have to take my leave have arguing for him and saying he's being greedy and he's definitely being greedy if he wants that to be as much or more than Justin Jefferson I get why he would ask but at some point you have to move off it.... That's just my opinion we don't know what both sides have been passing back and forth but yeah he's asking for too much I don't blame the front office for digging in a little bit.. As long as they're not trying to force him to take under 30 million and have moved their price up to try to get close and come to the middle then I'm gonna have to side with the front office soon... It's hard to have empathy for a player already on the books for one million per game you go play 3 hours on a Sunday and get $1 million and that's not good enough to at least show up and get this worked out then I'm starting to lose interest in the player side...

Like I said it's going to be tough to take a side because we don't see these contracts being passed back and forth... I wish they'd get it over with I wish they symbol Prescott and lamb right at the same time right his camp breaks the last preseason game, announce it...
They already signed Adam in 2020 and he failed to live up to that contract. Recall he sucked before Amari and then lamb saved him. Dan needs lamb to be able to throw to someone. Lamb will have huge numbers regardless of who QB is as he has played with baker, Kyler, Hurts, and was 1000 yard wr with all of them. Remember Dak doesn’t elevate lesser talent, he needs the talent.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
August 26th - I accept tips

Fortune-Teller-Crystal-ball-x-no-credit-needed.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.