Guess when Lamb gets his new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
You let Lamb sit and he only has to play 6 games to accrue a season. With 11 games in the books without him our season is almost certainly toast. That's the leverage he holds and the leverage Zeke held (and the leverage Emmitt held way back when with a championship team already) and you saw how those turned out. The only hope with your emotional strategy from the team is you were soft tanking the season anyway given the stand-on-the-sidelines off-season. Otherwise, most teams aren't willing to risk a subpar season with folks they think can contend.
Lamb for 17 games at 35 million per year, or Lamb for 6-7 games at whatever it would be after the fines both equal the same number of championships, so no, it doesn't really matter if Lamb is here or not.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Do you want hostages or volunteers in the locker room?
I want people that want to win championships in the locker room. Not the current cast of Diva's that want to be paid top dollar for no results. Win something then come talk to me.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Lamb for 17 games at 35 million per year, or Lamb for 6-7 games at whatever it would be after the fines both equal the same number of championships, so no, it doesn't really matter if Lamb is here or not.
This is why emotion doesn't typically fare well in business.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
This is why emotion doesn't typically fare well in business.
It's not emotion. It's actually the lack of emotion. I don't care one way or the other. All i know is paying these guys isn't working, so why not try a different approach, you know, make them earn their keep by winning when it matters.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Wrong that's a bunch of nonsense because if that is what he wants more than Jefferson then that is why he won't be signed literally everyone under him A.J. Brown got 32 then there was a couple of $30 million and DJ Moore taking 27.5 million is all I need to know that the quarterback market isn't just in Jefferson he's an anomaly a lot like Deshaun Watson was three or four years ago no one has gotten a fully guaranteed contract like deshaun Watson and really just now somebody might get that kind of guaranteed money on an overall contract but not a fully guaranteed contract just because one player got something does not set the market Justin Jefferson was overpaid and minnesota's going to realize it was probably a bad decision when they could have probably kept it under 35..they bid agint themselves..

The fair price is top five money which right now is $31 million,

so 33.5 he should have signed it right now in my opinion he's not gonna get empathy from the fan base if he's asking for more than Jefferson.. Trayvon diggs took a top five deal it was 4 at the time and now it's five that one got done quickly this is everyone upset at Jerry Jones and the Jones family what I'm betting is the agent in land that's holding this up because if that is true at 33.5 was the offer depending on the language and the guaranteed money he should have signed that right now this is a lamb and an agent issue if that is the truth and we don't know the truth we haven't seen the real offers...

That is wholeheartedly what he deserves, and he should get... He literally is greedy if he's turning down that contract and I'm going to say it he has a right to ask for more but once this gets this far and get this close to the season you take that deal because it is more than fair it makes you the second highest paid receiver in the league and there's nothing wrong with that wanting to be the top guy it won't come off it there's that greed sense to that and that is the truth I will always say they have a right to come with that number at first and demand it but they're gonna have to come off it at some point..
What is fans’ empathy worth to CeeDee Lamb? If Jerry Jones does not want to meet CeeDee’s compensation demands he can just say ”no”. CeeDee can then make a decision on what he wants to do.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Just saw this on dallascowboys.com:

Much also remains unknown about the contract statuses of both Prescott and CeeDee Lamb, though new offers have been put in front of both as recently as this past weekend; and with Lamb sending a counteroffer not long thereafter.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm saying tomorrow at the latest.

I feel like a big deal is coming his way.

Especially how Jerry backtracked on his "not urgent" comments yesterday.
tomorrow-annie.gif

rambo2

Reaction score
I want people that want to win championships in the locker room. Not the current cast of Diva's that want to be paid top dollar for no results. Win something then come talk to me.
Why would they talk to you?

shabazz

Reaction score
Is it possible that Jerry doesn't cave and CeeDee blinks first?

He can be here 3 more years with just franchising him and avoid long term costs

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Lamb deal has to be tied to the Dak deal. I don't mean directly but my guess is that Dallas is considering both contracts as they negotiate with each. It doesn't seem like a deal is imminent with Dak so Dallas cannot set a mark with CeeDee that Dak is going to then expect for himself. To answer the original post, both deals will get done within days of one another.

Reaction score
Zack Martin last year held out till August 14th and on that day Jerry paid him so my guess CD is paid before we play the raiders Saturday

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm saying tomorrow at the latest.

I feel like a big deal is coming his way.

Especially how Jerry backtracked on his "not urgent" comments yesterday.
Trade Lamb to the Steelers, then Dak signs there in FA and let's see what happens.

blueblood70

Reaction score
$31M. Lol.
Dude seriously since when did this become the man has to be the new market trend setting super paid athlete he wants to be the second highest paid non quarterback in the league that's ridiculous we're talking about most of the time when you're dealing with new contracts it's like Trayvon diggs 31 million is the average for the top five you realize that jefferson's 35 it goes down to 32 to brown a couple of guys got 30 but most guys are below that that makes the average 31 million when you're looking at franchise tags they take the top five.. Most people when they're talking about GM's and contracts around the NFL they say that usually you try to do the contracts so you don't have to pay the franchise tag that means the average is 31 million most teams are trying to pay their star wide receivers under 30 that's why you give him a long term contract would be cheaper than keeping them on two straight years on the franchise tag that was the rule...

That's what I'm talking about Justin jefferson's money is an anomaly just like deshaun Watson nobody got that kind of deal that deshaun Watson got he did not start a new market trend he was an anomaly... No one needs to be higher than Justin Jefferson unless you're greedy and you have an ego I get you want to be one of the highest paid wide receivers in the NFL and you will be they offered him to be the 2nd if that's not good enough then I'm gonna have to not side with lamb and let him play on 17,000,000 and then franchise tag him and force a trade I don't want a guy on the team that wants to be the second highest paid player in the league versus just be paid fairly Trayvon diggs did this we didn't have to drag this out because he took fair money he's still top five in money a year later he was four at the time that was a easy contract to do because the player was willing to compromise... Do you laugh at 31 millions insane because you don't do the work in your head that is always been the rule top five money is a fair offer and then you look at language like guarantees and time frames...

You're trying to tell me that lamb is worth about $8 million more than DJ more? Like he's that much better look dude he's not he's a great wide receiver one of the best in the leagues should be paid like one of the best in the league not like the second best player in the league if you don't understand that I'm sorry you're blaming me ownership because you hate Jerry Jones well look at what the 49ers are going through with Trent brown and IU and to me that GM made a mistake overpaying Christian McCaffrey that's a big mistake paying a running back that's been in the league that long that kind of money now he doesn't have enough to pay his wide receiver but let's remind ourselves how the players on the field in order of priorities..

Quarterback, left/right tackle depending on your QB, pass rusher, cornerback, then wide receiver,

that's how it works you should not be the second highest paid player in the league at wide receiver I'm sorry that's not how it should work and that's what they're pushing for and I'm glad the owners are pushing back...

Look they're all important but that's why jamar chase, Brandon Ayuk, Hassan Reddick, Trent brown, and others are also not paid and they're not on the Dallas Cowboys at some point these figures are going to go down not up they're going to have to hit a wall somebody's got to make a stand and I get it they should ask for as much as they can get I don't blame lamb for holding out but he was offered 33 he should take it ,that's my opinion ,if he turns that down then I'm sorry I'm going to have to side with the ownership in that case he's being greedy...

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
When Dak goes 10 for 30 for 110 yards against the browns because all the other receivers dropped passes

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dude seriously since when did this become the man has to be the new market trend setting super paid athlete he wants to be the second highest paid non quarterback in the league that's ridiculous we're talking about most of the time when you're dealing with new contracts it's like Trayvon diggs 31 million is the average for the top five you realize that jefferson's 35 it goes down to 32 to brown a couple of guys got 30 but most guys are below that that makes the average 31 million when you're looking at franchise tags they take the top five.. Most people when they're talking about GM's and contracts around the NFL they say that usually you try to do the contracts so you don't have to pay the franchise tag that means the average is 31 million most teams are trying to pay their star wide receivers under 30 that's why you give him a long term contract would be cheaper than keeping them on two straight years on the franchise tag that was the rule...

That's what I'm talking about Justin jefferson's money is an anomaly just like deshaun Watson nobody got that kind of deal that deshaun Watson got he did not start a new market trend he was an anomaly... No one needs to be higher than Justin Jefferson unless you're greedy and you have an ego I get you want to be one of the highest paid wide receivers in the NFL and you will be they offered him to be the 2nd if that's not good enough then I'm gonna have to not side with lamb and let him play on 17,000,000 and then franchise tag him and force a trade I don't want a guy on the team that wants to be the second highest paid player in the league versus just be paid fairly Trayvon diggs did this we didn't have to drag this out because he took fair money he's still top five in money a year later he was four at the time that was a easy contract to do because the player was willing to compromise... Do you laugh at 31 millions insane because you don't do the work in your head that is always been the rule top five money is a fair offer and then you look at language like guarantees and time frames...

More importantly, we dont know what was asked for or offered. Ive been saying for a while now, what if Lamb is asking for no franchise tag and no trade clauses in his deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.