Gurode a bust?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
A high second rounder, and an enigma.

High penalty player and we have not been able to run right in his tenure?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:

Nors... where do you get this stuff?

As far as I'm concerned Gurode played well his rookie year. Off course last year was poor. I think the guy has played reasonably well this year.

You know why we have trouble running the ball Nors?

It's because our RB's our POS. If you don't know what POS means then just PM me and I'll fill you in.

But between THam and the "Corpse" we've been blessed with two of the biggest POS running backs to bless any team in the modern era. I don't remember when we've had two worse running backs back to back than those two. Honest to God I don't. Robert Newhouse/Preston Pearson/Doug Dennison in 1975/1976 were far better than these two losers.

You put a running back in there that can hit the line of scrimmage in less than 3 days and this offensive line, including Gurode will look a heck of lot better than they do.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Nors... where do you get this stuff?

As far as I'm concerned Gurode played well his rookie year. Off course last year was poor. I think the guy has played reasonably well this year.

You know why we have trouble running the ball Nors?

It's because our RB's our POS. If you don't know what POS means then just PM me and I'll fill you in.

But between THam and the "Corpse" we've been blessed with two of the biggest POS running backs to bless any team in the modern era. I don't remember when we've had two worse running backs back to back than those two. Honest to God I don't. Robert Newhouse/Preston Pearson/Doug Dennison in 1975/1976 were far better than these two losers.

You put a running back in there that can hit the line of scrimmage in less than 3 days and this offensive line, including Gurode will look a heck of lot better than they do.

Funny all those POS RB's can run to the left.
2 of them Hall of famers and the beloved Reshard Lee included!

Gurode was benched last season. He's a near bust for almost a first round pick. Not an impact player by any standard.

Rocky

Reaction score
Quincy-
I think he's just a guy out there, and that's all he can be. It would be nice if he'd knock off the mental miscues, no question. They drafted him after watching him on that CO team which had a dominating running game and believed he would bring those superior run blocking skills to Dallas and at least be an average pass protector...he's been average in both facets.

Verdict: BUST.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Funny all those POS RB's can run to the left.
2 of them Hall of famers and the beloved Reshard Lee included!

Gurode was benched last season. He's a near bust for almost a first round pick. Not an impact player by any standard.

Larry Allen and Flozell Adams are perhaps the best left side in the NFL. Tucker/Gurode aren't quite there... yet. :D

But I'll stand by my previous statement... you put a real running back in there and we instantly look better running to the right.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Larry Allen and Flozell Adams are perhaps the best left side in the NFL. Tucker/Gurode aren't quite there... yet. :D

But I'll stand by my previous statement... you put a real running back in there and we instantly look better running to the right.

So our left side is good and our right side sux. I agree with that.

Gurode the penalty man is part of the running problem candidly.

Milk Jones and Lee will now make Gurode great - LOL

HECK - GURODE WILL GET THE CADILLAC DENTED NEXT YEAR!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
That "high penalty" player has committed one penalty this season (a false start). And according to STATS, Inc., he has allowed only half a sack. He's having by far his best season.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
That "high penalty" player has committed one penalty this season (a false start). And according to STATS, Inc., he has allowed only half a sack. He's having by far his best season.

Great season, He in his career is a "high penalty" player. What were his penalties last 2 seasons?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
So our left side is good and our right side sux. I agree with that.

Gurode the penalty man is part of the running problem candidly.

Milk Jones and Lee will now make Gurode great - LOL

HECK - GURODE WILL GET THE CADILLAC DENTED NEXT YEAR!

Nors I remember in 1993, our offensive line looked pretty crappy the first two game sof the season but then it improved considerably. The funny thing is that Sherman Williams was the running back those first two games and Emmitt Smith was there for the following 14.

While you might find it hard to believe but the quality of the running back does make a difference.

Last year Pittsburgh couldn't run the ball worth a crap... this year? Take a look.

Last year Tennessee couldn't run the ball... this year? Take a look.

Oh by the way Eddie George was the main running back on that Tennessee team last year that sucked running the ball. Funny... but Dallas can't run the ball this year either. Hmm. What's the common thread? See if you can figure it out Nors... I have my doubts that you can.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13 said:

Come'on Adam you know you're just one of those stat-manipulative bastids that can't be trusted. :rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
In your words POS runners are the issue.

Those POS runners (Smith, Tham, George, Lee) can run left because we have good lineman.

Those same POS runners can't run right because our RG/RT are below average.

This season is beyond expectations," Jones said. "You have to give credit to coach Parcells."

While Parcells will gripe about mistakes such as silly penalties on Andre Gurode and Ebenezer Ekuban, players he's demoted in recent weeks, he has to love the momentum Dallas is building.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Come'on Adam you know you're just one of those stat-manipulative bastids that can't be trusted. :rolleyes:

That a guard can freakin run block! LOL

I defer - he 's great. Adam validated that - oh brother.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
He never has a single fact to back up his assessments. Nice job Adam. That was good to know. Thanks.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
That a guard can freakin run block! LOL

I defer - he 's great. Adam validated that - oh brother.

Nors... I don't think Adam said that.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Nors said:

The problem is Warhop. His incompetence is matched only by the entire defensive coaching staff. Tuna has not put together a good group of coaches and it shows every Sunday (and the odd Monday).

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
The problem is Warhop. His incompetence is matched only by the entire defensive coaching staff. Tuna has not put together a good group of coaches and it shows every Sunday (and the odd Monday).

In Gurode's era at Guard - we can't run right. But we can run left as Mikey said because we have good lineman there!

whcarm

Reaction score
Why is it all Gurode's fault that we can't run to the right? Doesn't Tucker have something to do with that and even Johnson?

Gurode isn't a pro bowler and probably never will be. However, you can't have pro bowlers at every position. He is a solid player that is still developing.

And it will be interesting to see how much better this line looks once we get a real RB running behind it.

On a positive note, the entire line has done a tremendous job of pass blocking all year.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I attribute that more to the changes, New guy Johnson and improved Allen.

WE STILL CAN'T RUN OVER GURODE.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
I attribute that more to the changes, New guy Johnson and improved Allen.

WE STILL CAN'T RUN OVER GURODE.

The team can't run left either. Or up the middle. Really they can't run at all. Get a decent RB, not some washed up piece of crap and I am sure they could run right too.

I think Gurode is physically talented, but dumb as a box of rocks. They moved him from center quick because he had problems making line calls. I think he has trouble with his assignments. Everything I have seen leads me to believe physically he is there. I think he works hard, just can't get it done.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Nors said:
In Gurode's era at Guard - we can't run right. But we can run left as Mikey said because we have good lineman there!

seems like to me in the new york game we went for it on 4th and 1 and ran behind LA and flozell and lost 2 yards. we can occasionally run on the left side but not consistently.

I was at the detroit game this year which was eddie's best game by far. i had end zone seats and the holes than our o-line was busting open eddie should have had at least 150 yards. he just doesn't have the speed to hit the hole. basically i'm trying to say that i believe our o-line has been inconsistent but if we had any guy with some ability toting the rock they would look a lot better.